Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Fleet Commander Discussion  (Read 3886 times)

July 17, 2014, 05:44:11 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Fleet Commander Discussion
« on: July 17, 2014, 05:44:11 AM »
Discuss anything related to Fleet Commanders as described in the 11th Dev Diary here, including suggestions, feedback, complaints, or whatever else.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 22, 2014, 05:01:16 PMReply #1

Offline gerfand

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Commander Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 05:01:16 PM »
I think that would be a cool Idea to make a Raid Commander, that give more speed for the units.

July 22, 2014, 05:03:50 PMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 05:03:50 PM »
I think that would be a cool Idea to make a Raid Commander, that give more speed for the units.

Actually, I do like that idea...instead of just offensive and defensive buffs, offer also movement buffs.  Be great for a hit and fade/raid fleet.  Might not be useful on 1v1 games, but on larger maps with many players, hit and fades would actually be a useful tactic for disrupting opponents income/technology.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 16, 2014, 02:10:08 AMReply #3

Offline turtle225

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 02:10:08 AM »
Actually, I do like that idea...instead of just offensive and defensive buffs, offer also movement buffs.  Be great for a hit and fade/raid fleet.  Might not be useful on 1v1 games, but on larger maps with many players, hit and fades would actually be a useful tactic for disrupting opponents income/technology.

I agree that this would be cool, especially since the devs are promoting raids and operating multiple fleets rather than just amassing a single giant fleet. However, this role can also easily be covered by a support type capital similar to the Antorak Marauder from the base game.

If I am understanding this correctly, the fleet commander capitals are supposed to operate similar to the support type cruisers from the base game? If that's the case, will some of them also have repair/shield restoring abilities or enemy disruption abilities, or are they primarily going to be passive area buffs?

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!