Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Fall of the Empire GC  (Read 17461 times)

July 22, 2014, 03:06:34 AMReply #40

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of the Empire GC
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2014, 03:06:34 AM »
Plus, the CSA rarely actually participates militarily on the galactic stage - they generally just sit there doing their own thing.  Which makes sense, as they're a corporatocracy and care more about making money than political power or ideological agendas.

July 22, 2014, 06:58:42 AMReply #41

Offline mcalexev

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 06:58:42 AM »
Could just make them a reskinned Pentarstar Alignment with a few unique units, and well, they did have to deal with the Rebel Alliance a lot seeing as they were supporting the Imperials.

July 22, 2014, 06:52:28 PMReply #42

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2014, 06:52:28 PM »
As I recall the CSA was pretty much left to itself, save for when Zsinj took it over shortly before his own death, then it went back to it'd own autonomy.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 22, 2014, 07:02:34 PMReply #43

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2014, 07:02:34 PM »
As I recall the CSA was pretty much left to itself, save for when Zsinj took it over shortly before his own death, then it went back to it'd own autonomy.

Yeah, Pally left them pretty much alone due to their support for him.  I also don't remember the Alliance ever conflicting with them.  I know the NR wasn't a fan of theirs, but don't remember the rebel scum ever actually giving them a hard time.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

July 22, 2014, 09:40:33 PMReply #44

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 09:40:33 PM »
Because they were basically the same as PA. They favored and supported Imp factions but were mostly neutral and didn't try and expand so they were left alone in turn
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 28, 2014, 03:00:53 PMReply #45

Jamiej

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »
Can the rebels get the t-1b tank

July 28, 2014, 03:39:14 PMReply #46

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2014, 03:39:14 PM »
Can the rebels get the t-1b tank
Yes please read the Manual or play the game. It's really annoying when people clog up the forums with questions like this.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

July 28, 2014, 05:58:26 PMReply #47

Offline jordanthejq12

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-1
  • RIP, Expanded Universe. You will be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2014, 05:58:26 PM »
To be a little nicer, the T-1B does exist as a unit for the NR. It's unshielded, but has a flak pod in addition to its laser cannons.
"Show the same loyalty you have in the past, Mandalore. If there is a Mandalorian crusade, let it be for something that will carry your people's memory into the future, so when the time comes when there are no more Mandalorians, than at least their honor will remain."
--Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

August 10, 2014, 02:57:54 PMReply #48

xarvos

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2014, 02:57:54 PM »
I would love to play fall of empire gc.  8=)
Empire heroes: ozzel, piett, thrawn, vader, palpy, paleon, needa, bevel lemelisk comes to mind.
Rebel heroes: akbar, mothma, leia, luke, han chewie, crix madine, carlist rieekan, lando, wedge.

Main factions: empire and rebels ocf maybe hutt cartel or black sun

Having pirate raid fleets in tactical battles would be awesome aswell.

October 19, 2014, 08:10:09 PMReply #49

Offline Delta

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2014, 08:10:09 PM »
Imperial Units: AT-PT, TIE Crawler, Storm Commandos, Imperial Army and Navy Troopers?

Imperial Heroes: Piett, Pellaeon, Thrawn, Needa, Ysanne Isard, Baron Fel, Moff Jerjerrod, Wullf Yularen, Admiral Motti, High General Tagge, Veers, Captain Dorja.

Additional less likely: Cronal (Agent Blackhole), Ardus Kaine, Daala, Grand Admiral Nial Declann, Grand Admiral Osvald Teshik, Zsinj, Harrsk, Teradoc, Mara Jade.

Rebel Units: Species variant Rebel Troops, Rebel Spec Ops.

Rebel Heroes: Leia & 3PO, Luke & R2, Winter, Garm Bel Iblis, Rogue Squadron (Wedge leading), Borsk Fey'lya, Madine, Rieekan, Lando, Ackbar, Mon Mothma, General Salm (Y-Wing Squadron).

Really looking forward to this GC.

October 25, 2014, 11:07:54 PMReply #50

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2014, 11:07:54 PM »
I don't think I really want the Praetor in, since the Rebels will be outgunned enough as-is, and the Praetor is one of the most powerful units in the mod when used correctly even against Era 5 stuff, so yeah. Plus, it was barely ever used during the GCW outside of Shadow Hand. I feel similarly about the Tector, the only reason it really even exists is because of a 2 second shot of an ISD without a hangar. I love the ship in ICW, but I don't really feel like it would fit in very well in this time-frame.

Without the MC80B, I think the Rebels will be pretty screwed unless you add in something, like say, the Dauntless. You could also add in the MC80 Home One type, which would be fairly easy since it's already in the game, just not a a standard buildable ship. I know, I know, it's actually pretty weak for its size based on official stats, but you could always handwave it by giving it stronger shields or something to allow it to tank fire more effectively even if it can't hit very hard. Come to think of it, you could probably bump down the Liberty type to 3 pop. It would still be a thoroughly useless ship, but at least we wouldn't be pretending it's a capital ship anymore.

I'd like to see Mara Jade make an appearance as an imperial hero, maybe even with the hilarious  and awesome bug of her having a ranged lightsaber still intact?

Also, if you do want to take a shot at including Black Sun, they could be a warlord type faction, or maybe have some raid fleets. I guess you could also make them playable, but we already have like 5 factions in the game anyway, even if one of them is ultimately really minor, so that might be pushing it, plus it'd probably be too much work. I know the ZC left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, but a criminal faction isn't impossible to balance, I thought AotR did it pretty well with their Black Sun faction. They had corruption, and virtually limitless credits, but they balanced it out with it being hard to maintain corruption and giving them really crappy, old, black market units in space.

October 26, 2014, 02:46:13 AMReply #51

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2014, 02:46:13 AM »
I don't think I really want the Praetor in, since the Rebels will be outgunned enough as-is, and the Praetor is one of the most powerful units in the mod when used correctly even against Era 5 stuff, so yeah. Plus, it was barely ever used during the GCW outside of Shadow Hand. I feel similarly about the Tector, the only reason it really even exists is because of a 2 second shot of an ISD without a hangar. I love the ship in ICW, but I don't really feel like it would fit in very well in this time-frame.

Without the MC80B, I think the Rebels will be pretty screwed unless you add in something, like say, the Dauntless. You could also add in the MC80 Home One type, which would be fairly easy since it's already in the game, just not a a standard buildable ship. I know, I know, it's actually pretty weak for its size based on official stats, but you could always handwave it by giving it stronger shields or something to allow it to tank fire more effectively even if it can't hit very hard. Come to think of it, you could probably bump down the Liberty type to 3 pop. It would still be a thoroughly useless ship, but at least we wouldn't be pretending it's a capital ship anymore.

I'd like to see Mara Jade make an appearance as an imperial hero, maybe even with the hilarious  and awesome bug of her having a ranged lightsaber still intact?

Also, if you do want to take a shot at including Black Sun, they could be a warlord type faction, or maybe have some raid fleets. I guess you could also make them playable, but we already have like 5 factions in the game anyway, even if one of them is ultimately really minor, so that might be pushing it, plus it'd probably be too much work. I know the ZC left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, but a criminal faction isn't impossible to balance, I thought AotR did it pretty well with their Black Sun faction. They had corruption, and virtually limitless credits, but they balanced it out with it being hard to maintain corruption and giving them really crappy, old, black market units in space.

I agree with the Praetor, although I'm a big fan of the ship, it was really only used for a few high profile missions, so it makes sense that it shouldn't be in it.

As far as the Tector, I actually like the idea of it being used.  I imagine it probably would have been more common in this timeframe.  I actually like the idea of having the Tector instead of the ISD-II.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 26, 2014, 03:11:51 AMReply #52

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2014, 03:11:51 AM »
I actually like the idea of having the Tector instead of the ISD-II.

I'd vote for that.  Fits lore-wise, and would lessen the sting a bit for the rebels, who are already weaker in space.

October 26, 2014, 12:30:50 PMReply #53

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »
My concern was mostly with just how powerful the Tector actually is if used properly in ICW, although I suppose replacing the ISD-II with it might make it more acceptable.

October 26, 2014, 02:30:08 PMReply #54

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2014, 02:30:08 PM »
My concern was mostly with just how powerful the Tector actually is if used properly in ICW, although I suppose replacing the ISD-II with it might make it more acceptable.

Yeah, and even more than with the ISD, you're forced to surround the Tector with assistance or it will be absolutely mangled by Y-Wings.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!