Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Vengeance as a normal ship?  (Read 7077 times)

April 19, 2014, 08:34:40 AM

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
Vengeance as a normal ship?
« on: April 19, 2014, 08:34:40 AM »
Hey there, i hope this is the right part of the Forum ^^
I wonder if it is possible to make the Vengeance Class Super Star-Destroyer available to build as a normal SSD
(just like the Executor) and not just as Jerec's personell flag-ship.
And if it is possible could someone give me a Dummy-Talk how to do so? ^^
So only thing i am capable of Modding so far is in-/ oder decreasing the ship's buildlimits
(My guess is i have to take parts of the XML-Files of e.g. the Executor and part of Jerec and somehow have to change text and icon but i dont have any clue when it comes to the Details)

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:08:42 AM by Guderian »

April 20, 2014, 09:07:28 PMReply #1

Offline Vulcanus

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeance as a normal ship?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 09:07:28 PM »
Here you go:

https://mega.co.nz/#!x5NnxBhD!k2PD7UjqS0_PnUEhv8-FlF_WXlh5r9USG4rYs8UKY8M

Both mt_commandbar files should placed in Imperial_Civil_War\Data\Art\Textures (backup your original mt_commandbar files before overwriting).
Pentastar_Heroes.xml should be placed in Data\XML (backup before overwriting).

Now Pentastar Alignment can build Vengeance SSDs!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mod is a custom modification and was neither created nor is it supported by the Thrawn's Revenge team. The Thrawn's Revenge team is not responsible for any negative effects from installing these files nor can they be held responsible for fixing any issues which arise from them.

April 21, 2014, 11:40:44 AMReply #2

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 11:40:44 AM »
Thank you very much

April 28, 2014, 01:01:31 AMReply #3

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 01:01:31 AM »
Suppose I wanted the stealth black SSD Knight Hammer to be buildable in the same manner?
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

April 30, 2014, 01:02:50 PMReply #4

Offline Vulcanus

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +21/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 01:02:50 PM »
Buildable Knight Hammer type SSDs will be included in my submod for ICW, which should be released within a few days.

May 01, 2014, 04:01:05 PMReply #5

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 04:01:05 PM »
Buildable Knight Hammer type SSDs will be included in my submod for ICW, which should be released within a few days.

You don't say. But only one at a time right? Too many super ships kind of negates the point I find.

But it would be nice to get my hands on the Knight Hammer without Daala.

May 01, 2014, 05:34:02 PMReply #6

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 05:34:02 PM »
You don't say. But only one at a time right? Too many super ships kind of negates the point I find.

But it would be nice to get my hands on the Knight Hammer without Daala.

In the XML file for the ship you can set the max limit at a time, and max lifetime limit.  So you could, if you so choose, actually replace the standard Executor for the IR with the Stealth Executor.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 01, 2014, 08:41:06 PMReply #7

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 08:41:06 PM »
In the XML file for the ship you can set the max limit at a time, and max lifetime limit.  So you could, if you so choose, actually replace the standard Executor for the IR with the Stealth Executor.

Sir you had my curiosity, now yo have my ATTENTION

May 01, 2014, 10:00:34 PMReply #8

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 10:00:34 PM »
Sir you had my curiosity, now yo have my ATTENTION

The only difference between the Knight Hammer and the standard Executor is the models it points to.  If you go into the space units for the IR, and change the Generic_Executor (I think that's what it's called, I'm not on a machien that has it installed) model to that of the stealth Executor, all Executors you'd build would be the stealth executor.  Also, Kaine would be in a stealth executor because he uses the "variant" flag to the standard Executor.

You could also, if you wished to play as the PA with Kaine in a stealth, change Kaines "variant of" string to the Knight Hammer (again, I believe that's how they have it coded in the xml's) from Generic Executor, and it would have him being in a stealth Executor

At one point I was bored and I added the Sovereign to the PA, had Kaine in a stealth Executor, added the Vengeance (with the build button of the Executor though) Dreadnought as a buildable unit, etc.  All these things are SUPER simple, as they're simply xml changes.

On one of my machines I even changed the "variant of" flags on the PA units so that they keep their fighter complement through all 5 eras, regardless of what the IR fighter units are.  So the VSD-II's never get Tie/D automated fighters in era 3, etc.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:04:03 PM by tlmiller »
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 02, 2014, 01:30:25 AMReply #9

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 01:30:25 AM »
The only difference between the Knight Hammer and the standard Executor is the models it points to.  If you go into the space units for the IR, and change the Generic_Executor (I think that's what it's called, I'm not on a machien that has it installed) model to that of the stealth Executor, all Executors you'd build would be the stealth executor.  Also, Kaine would be in a stealth executor because he uses the "variant" flag to the standard Executor.

You could also, if you wished to play as the PA with Kaine in a stealth, change Kaines "variant of" string to the Knight Hammer (again, I believe that's how they have it coded in the xml's) from Generic Executor, and it would have him being in a stealth Executor

At one point I was bored and I added the Sovereign to the PA, had Kaine in a stealth Executor, added the Vengeance (with the build button of the Executor though) Dreadnought as a buildable unit, etc.  All these things are SUPER simple, as they're simply xml changes.

On one of my machines I even changed the "variant of" flags on the PA units so that they keep their fighter complement through all 5 eras, regardless of what the IR fighter units are.  So the VSD-II's never get Tie/D automated fighters in era 3, etc.

Kaine in a stealth SSD, HAHA! There! You have said a long time wish of mine. If you would do me the honor of sending me your exact steps for just that I'd be exceptionally grateful to you. I'm more of a John Hammond, ideas and money but little technical talent per sae. Walk me through the steps in either a message or post here if you would be so kind.

May 02, 2014, 08:46:42 AMReply #10

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 08:46:42 AM »
Open Pentastar_Heroes, and add the following lines for Reaper_Kaine under <Is Named Hero>

<Space_Model_Name>EV_Knight.alo</Space_Model_Name>

That will change the model to using that of the Knight Hammer (since they're both based on the Generic_Executor)

and after <Death_SFXEvent_Start_Die>

<Death_Clone>Damage_Normal, Knight_Death_Clone</Death_Clone>

So that when he dies he gets the Knight Hammer death clone instead of the generic Executor death clone which would look somewhat silly.

May 02, 2014, 09:21:05 AMReply #11

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 09:21:05 AM »
Thank you.

May 02, 2014, 05:55:47 PMReply #12

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 05:55:47 PM »
Out of curiousity, do you know how to change the audio for units? I have some old Galactic Battlegrounds sounds I want to give to a few voiceless ships.

May 02, 2014, 06:01:15 PMReply #13

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »
There's a series of files called SFX_Events that have entries for each thing in it. The names from that file are then put in the unit's code. With modded sounds in the SFX Event thing, keep in mind you have to put the WHOLE path from data to reference the file.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!