Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Questions/Comments About 2.1  (Read 63284 times)

March 20, 2014, 11:38:02 AMReply #20

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
Re: Questions/Comments About 2.1
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 11:38:02 AM »
Hey, I figured this didn't warrant it's own topic so I'll put it here.

There appears to be a bug in Operation: Shadow Hand where none of the imperial heroes spawn in if you start as the New Republic. If you start as the Remnant they all spawn in fine but are all absent if you play as the New Republic. Easy way to check this is to simply start as the New Republic and immediately attack Byss.
The Imperial AI dont seem to do anything either.

March 20, 2014, 03:37:19 PMReply #21

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 03:37:19 PM »
The Imperial AI dont seem to do anything either.

Shadow Hand has always had a few issues(it took forever to get rid of the Fleet Commander spam) The AI's docile nature is a side effect I think of that bug's fix, though it is preferable to the old bug
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 21, 2014, 07:12:15 PMReply #22

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2014, 07:12:15 PM »
Diggin 2.1 so far congrats. Sad to hear its the last major update but I understand why. I'd still like to see a three man spec-ops team with a sniper, rapid fire blaster, an missile launcher lol.

Thank the Gods you didn't add Vong. I absolutely HATE the Vong.

Lastly Episode 7 is set 30 years after Vaders death in Star Wars time, which the is the same in real time since they just celebrated 30 years of RotJ in 2013. So that's right after the Vong War wonder if they'll mention it or if it doesn't exist? Also it won't mess up the history of this game which is sweet!

March 22, 2014, 12:17:19 AMReply #23

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2014, 12:17:19 AM »
Thank the Gods you didn't add Vong. I absolutely HATE the Vong.

I feel so sorry for you . . .

Anyways, an idea for the fighter heroes: could they be given the Summon Wingmen ability?
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

March 28, 2014, 06:19:16 PMReply #24

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2014, 06:19:16 PM »
Oh Revanchist of course you like the Vong, they are basically the Zerg brought into Star Wars. Of course I'd rather have the actual Zerg, they're way more interesting than the Vong are.

March 28, 2014, 06:21:35 PMReply #25

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »
Instead of the Vong they should have worked more with the Ssi-Ruuk, there's some interesting stuff there. Having them invade en masse would have been far more interesting than the Vong. Especially with their intechment technology being sorta similar to the Rakata's ancient form of using biologicals for power sources.

March 29, 2014, 02:08:26 AMReply #26

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2014, 02:08:26 AM »
Oh Revanchist of course you like the Vong, they are basically the Zerg brought into Star Wars. Of course I'd rather have the actual Zerg, they're way more interesting than the Vong are.

The Vong had an interesting story and the caste system was decent, I think they were better made than the zerg myself.

April 03, 2014, 08:09:39 PMReply #27

Offline Darman

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 08:09:39 PM »
Um, quick question. I know that the Lucrehulks are for the PA faction, but i can only seem to build them in the skirmishes. Are they planet/scenario specific? i know they are not era specific because the PA stays the same all throughout.
Thanks! ;D
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery"
-Thomas Jefferson

April 04, 2014, 04:08:49 AMReply #28

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 04:08:49 AM »
Um, quick question. I know that the Lucrehulks are for the PA faction, but i can only seem to build them in the skirmishes. Are they planet/scenario specific? i know they are not era specific because the PA stays the same all throughout.
Thanks! ;D

Yes, only available in GC when you have Ession, Telos and one other corporate sector word whose name escapes me...

April 04, 2014, 06:14:14 AMReply #29

Offline Darman

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 06:14:14 AM »
Thank you much!
"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery"
-Thomas Jefferson

May 03, 2014, 09:01:31 PMReply #30

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »
Some small suggestions:

Increase the Majestic's range to be more of a sniper unit, or decrease its points to 3.
Increase the number of fighters you get immediately from the Endurance to 5 or 6 (that way you are spending 1 point for each squadron immediately received + 1--2 points for the ship). Alternatively, maybe the Endurance could get the Launch Squadrons that the Executor had on the Vanilla
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 21, 2014, 09:58:15 PMReply #31

Offline Shiakou

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 09:58:15 PM »
Is there any way that I can order a unit to retreat by itself? Say an ISD is badly damaged but I managed to get it back behind my lines; can I tell it to bug out and bring in another ISD?

May 22, 2014, 12:57:37 AMReply #32

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 12:57:37 AM »
Unfortunately not. There's technically a way to script it, but it means you can just bring it right back in fully repaired, so it's not something we want to do.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 23, 2014, 07:46:37 AMReply #33

Offline Avarice1987

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 07:46:37 AM »
Are new units adding in future versions?

I miss the Allegiance and and the Titan Star Destroyers.

Or there will be no new units.

Your mod is very very nice to play. 

May 29, 2014, 08:18:43 PMReply #34

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »
I can't believe I'm saying this...but I think the PA have become OP!  :o They just conquered every northern IR planet, killed Zsinj and have almost all the Corporate Sector by Week 7!

May 29, 2014, 08:23:19 PMReply #35

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »
Are new units adding in future versions?

I miss the Allegiance and and the Titan Star Destroyers.

Or there will be no new units.

Your mod is very very nice to play.

We have no plans to add more units at the moment. The Allegiance's role is already covered by the Praetor/Tector, and there's no such thing as a Titan Star Destroyer, so I don't know what you're referring to.

I can't believe I'm saying this...but I think the PA have become OP!  :o They just conquered every northern IR planet, killed Zsinj and have almost all the Corporate Sector by Week 7!

Nothing's changed about them, so it's probably just a lucky game. If this is with the patch, the Warlords could have gotten too aggressive.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 29, 2014, 10:02:08 PMReply #36

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »
We have no plans to add more units at the moment. The Allegiance's role is already covered by the Praetor/Tector, and there's no such thing as a Titan Star Destroyer, so I don't know what you're referring to.

Nothing's changed about them, so it's probably just a lucky game. If this is with the patch, the Warlords could have gotten too aggressive.

Titan is a Fanon 5700 meter upscaling of the Allegiance.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 20, 2014, 04:00:28 PMReply #37

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »
On hard difficulty as NR on the big GCs, Isard always ends up travelling everywhere with up to 3 SSDs, which kinda makes the entire game impossible. Is there any way to avoid this?

At the moment shes stuck above one of my planets with 3 SSDS and refuses to move, on week 73 no less. So I can't change the era any more.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:06:01 PM by Singularity »

June 20, 2014, 06:53:02 PMReply #38

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2014, 06:53:02 PM »
On hard difficulty as NR on the big GCs, Isard always ends up travelling everywhere with up to 3 SSDs, which kinda makes the entire game impossible. Is there any way to avoid this?

At the moment shes stuck above one of my planets with 3 SSDS and refuses to move, on week 73 no less. So I can't change the era any more.

Easily.  Just blitzkrieg the imperial shipyard planets, kuat,byss, bilbringi and take fondor too just to be safe. Concentrate heavy ground defenses and forces on them, or marshal your fleet early and camp over just those planets, denying isard the facilities to construct ssds. The ai wont tolerate you blockading its worlds so will attack them repeatedly thus weakening their forces and leaving your worlds alone to build up a force to hunt down isard and end the ssd threat via era change.

June 20, 2014, 08:58:18 PMReply #39

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2014, 08:58:18 PM »
Easily.  Just blitzkrieg the imperial shipyard planets, kuat,byss, bilbringi and take fondor too just to be safe. Concentrate heavy ground defenses and forces on them, or marshal your fleet early and camp over just those planets, denying isard the facilities to construct ssds. The ai wont tolerate you blockading its worlds so will attack them repeatedly thus weakening their forces and leaving your worlds alone to build up a force to hunt down isard and end the ssd threat via era change.

I deal with it because you AT MOST can only have 2 SSD's at a time attacking.  2 HyperV's/Ion Cannons on the planet below when 2 SSD's hyper in, you pull your entire fleet back into a defensive position, and while the SSD's act like balerinas spinning and twirling about, if you have Hypers they'll lose one then the other to the HyperV.  When the 1st is destroyed and the 3rd comes in, concentrate fire of everything on it and continue to Hyper the #2.  You'll lose units, but unless your defensive fleet is pretty small, you'll take out all 3 SSD's without losing everything yourself.  If you have Ion Cannons you just send your fighters to eliminate the SSD once the shields are gone after the first Ion Cannon.  This makes it even better because once you've ion'd it once, your fighters will keep it's shields from regenerating so you can then Ion the other SSD.  Usually lose the first before they even attack anything of importance.  Then when the 3rd comes in Have EVERYTHING fire at it and Ion it taking down it's shields, and it'll be gone in no time.  Just keep hitting that power to shields on the MC's and you'll have minimal losses.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!