Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Questions/Comments About 2.1  (Read 63305 times)

January 22, 2014, 09:05:49 PM

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Questions/Comments About 2.1
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:05:49 PM »
There was one of these created for 2.0, now there is one for the 2.1 release.

Just installed it, haven't played yet, but will within the next few days. I will post my thoughts then.

That being said: I was looking through the files in the mod, and I found two files for Yuuzhan Vong Amphistaffs, last modified in 2012. What is the story behind this?
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

January 23, 2014, 12:56:32 AMReply #1

Offline Augustus Lucius Flavius

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Questions/Comments About 2.1
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:56:32 AM »
Along the lines of the Amphistaffs, I found all the files for a Republic-Class Capital ship for the New Republic.  Where is this ship?
I am Augustus Lucius Flavius the future Emperor of Terra, Chancellor of Mars, and Governor of the Lunar colonies.

January 23, 2014, 01:32:46 AMReply #2

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 01:32:46 AM »
Along the lines of the Amphistaffs, I found all the files for a Republic-Class Capital ship for the New Republic.  Where is this ship?

That was cut when 2.0 was released. It was redundant and inferior and ugly. I did notice that there were also still name lists for Wingless MC-80s (also cut upon the release of 2.0).
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

January 23, 2014, 02:23:58 AMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 02:23:58 AM »

Revanchist pretty much summed this one up. The ship's role and armament are almost identical to the Nebula, so there wasn't any point in keeping them both; both have 40 Heavy Turbolasers, 40 regular turbolasers, 20 ion cannon, the NSD just has some concs on top of it. Add to that the fact that the Republic-class is inherently terrible looking (believe me, we tried to make it look good but the design is just awful) and that canonically it was relatively limited in production, and the NSD wins.

I was looking through the files in the mod, and I found two files for Yuuzhan Vong Amphistaffs, last modified in 2012. What is the story behind this?

Not just Amphistaffs. The files are for a fully-functional Yuuzhan Vong warrior who happens to be holding an Amphistaff. The others were supposed to have Razor and Thud bugs, hence the naming convention. These files are the result of one of the many periods in which we intended to put in Vong. IIRC those files are from much earlier, but they were in the mod at that point because one of the plans with 2.0 (it may even have been 1.3) was to do something in AoW or Final Imperial Push where, after a certain amount of time, we just popped a bunch of Vong units into the galaxy and completely screwed the player over on account of how funny we thought it would be. It would have been mostly space units and then just the three infantry types, because fuck trying to get all those ground units doing anything properly. Codeuser and I even got a prototype for how we'd do Dovin Basal coding instead of shields for their ships. Obviously, we never actually did it. Of course, that could change if enough people pestered us to do the Vong for Ascendancy.... Especially if the freeze fix thing goes anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 02:26:06 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 23, 2014, 05:24:01 PMReply #4

Offline Augustus Lucius Flavius

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 05:24:01 PM »
You plotted to put the Vong in? Why did you not finish this? It is now an Imperial Order.  Your future Emperor demands it.
I am Augustus Lucius Flavius the future Emperor of Terra, Chancellor of Mars, and Governor of the Lunar colonies.

January 23, 2014, 08:51:37 PMReply #5

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »
If the freeze fix works, first we must have fully functioning AI for everyone in AoW, then we must have the Vong pop in.

On another note: will the PA ever get Shock Troopers?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:54:58 PM by Revanchist »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

January 24, 2014, 12:54:51 AMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 12:54:51 AM »
You plotted to put the Vong in? Why did you not finish this?

Because in the last 8 years I've learned how to distinguish between reasonable and unreasonable commitments for a single version.

On another note: will the PA ever get Shock Troopers?

It's possible.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 24, 2014, 12:22:52 PMReply #7

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 12:22:52 PM »
It's possible.

No Corey, you are supposed to say: "You will be pleasantly surprised...;)" (If anyone doesn't get this, this is a mod joke).

Joking aside, are you still planning to release those Podcasts that were mentioned a while ago?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

January 24, 2014, 12:36:37 PMReply #8

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 12:36:37 PM »
I wanted to, but Kalo recorded them in the dumbest way possible. Also, if I were to finish editing it it's still past the point where anything we said would be relevant. I'd be more inclined to do something like it again if we had more community-suggested topics.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:07:24 PM by Corey »

January 24, 2014, 01:22:23 PMReply #9

Offline Blindsided

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 01:22:23 PM »
So i noticed today that the Yaga Minor in From the Ground Up has 1 unindentified ship with missing tooltip and it deploys unindentified fighters.I assume that was the "cut out" ship for pentastar?
providence was it or am i thinking something else? and the tooltip/icon for the fighters looked like CiS tri droid fighter? i was so excited to see these units in the game so i rushed to start off art of war to see if they were era specific thingies but to my disapointment i didnt see them in the build list,which led me into quickly reading through the manual alot of sadness followed

as for the CiS Tridroid fighter lookalikes,they seem to be bit too sturdy in the from the ground up. im not sure if that was intended or not but i dont see how 1 squadron should be able to tank a victory star destroyer missiles+2 Munificients+2 patrol ships+venator+like 6 squadrons of bombers/fighters it took roughly 2mins to kill one squadron with game on "fast foward" mode

but uhh in short what happened to the providence look alike thingy for pentastar? ive been gone abit and if it was informed somewhere i aplogize for lack of knowledge!

January 24, 2014, 02:05:41 PMReply #10

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 02:05:41 PM »
Those are indeed the Providence and the Tri-Fighter. The Providence was intended to be a Pentastar ship for a while when we cut the Recusant, but the Providence was cut because its role would have been like a shitty intermediary between the Venator and Lucrehulk. The PA doesn't need another old capital ship whose primary role is as a carrier with some secondary anti-frigate duties, since they already have that in spades. The Tri-fighter was only there because before I did any of the stat changes, I took the code directly from one of our other release, the FotR minimod. I never deleted the code for the Providence because it's more fun to leave that stuff in, but I hadn't realised it had been prematurely inserted into the starting forces for that GC. As such, there was never any stat adjustment. I'm aware the Trifighters have been problematic, but they're being removed anyways. They were never supposed to be there, so any discussion about their power level is kind of moot.

January 24, 2014, 02:33:27 PMReply #11

Offline Blindsided

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 02:33:27 PM »
Ah fair enough i was assuming it was some sort of special thingy with the tri fighters :/

shame about Providence tho,model for it looked so good ^^

thanks for the answer

January 24, 2014, 08:08:17 PMReply #12

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 08:08:17 PM »
Ah fair enough i was assuming it was some sort of special thingy with the tri fighters :/

shame about Providence tho,model for it looked so good ^^

thanks for the answer

Hmm I havn't seen this...perhaps you have a screenshot?
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

January 24, 2014, 08:47:33 PMReply #13

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 08:47:33 PM »
Play FTGU as the PA and attack Yaga Minor as soon as possible and you'll see it.  It'll be a Praetor-II, Providence, and like 3 other ships.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 26, 2014, 09:42:02 AMReply #14

Offline Blindsided

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 09:42:02 AM »
Hmm I havn't seen this...perhaps you have a screenshot?

http://imgur.com/a/6wgp9

January 26, 2014, 08:54:44 PMReply #15

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 08:54:44 PM »
i just noticed something very intresting!
I played The Hunt for Zsinj as IR, and i just found that i can not build Corellian Corvettes
i dont know if it's an accident or it have a reason why, but that means Zsinj have no "Anti fighter" ship building capacity!!!
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

January 26, 2014, 10:53:35 PMReply #16

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 10:53:35 PM »
i just noticed something very intresting!
I played The Hunt for Zsinj as IR, and i just found that i can not build Corellian Corvettes
i dont know if it's an accident or it have a reason why, but that means Zsinj have no "Anti fighter" ship building capacity!!!

I noticed the same problem.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

January 28, 2014, 04:22:50 PMReply #17

Offline jordanthejq12

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-1
  • RIP, Expanded Universe. You will be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 04:22:50 PM »
Not a bug, it's an oversight. It's a relatively simple fix (basically just clone the CR90 and put it in the Zinsj.xml file that contains Warlord units), but I'd probably wait for official support on that.
"Show the same loyalty you have in the past, Mandalore. If there is a Mandalorian crusade, let it be for something that will carry your people's memory into the future, so when the time comes when there are no more Mandalorians, than at least their honor will remain."
--Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

March 14, 2014, 06:50:57 PMReply #18

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 06:50:57 PM »
So Lucrehulks can only be built on the Corporate Sector planets?

March 20, 2014, 01:22:05 AMReply #19

Offline turtle225

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 01:22:05 AM »
Hey, I figured this didn't warrant it's own topic so I'll put it here.

There appears to be a bug in Operation: Shadow Hand where none of the imperial heroes spawn in if you start as the New Republic. If you start as the Remnant they all spawn in fine but are all absent if you play as the New Republic. Easy way to check this is to simply start as the New Republic and immediately attack Byss.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!