Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Fighter Variants (Split from Screenshot Thread)  (Read 1957 times)

January 11, 2014, 10:57:12 PM

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Fighter Variants (Split from Screenshot Thread)
« on: January 11, 2014, 10:57:12 PM »
Speaking of Defenders, are we going to see more or less selection in fighters for Ascendency?  I would assume less, considering that there's no plans to do the Era tree type of deal as in ICW, but what can we expect to see from the IR and NR?  I assume Tie/Ln, Tie/In, Tie/Sa and Tie/D for the Remnant and X-Wing, A-Wing, Y-Wing, B-Wing for the republic?  Or will be there be more?
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 11, 2014, 11:24:30 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Fighter Variants (Split from Screenshot Thread)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 11:24:30 PM »
[Split topic from Screenshot thread since it deserves its own attention]

Compared to ICW less but way more than Sins, we're sticking to about 5/6 each faction. It's one of the areas where the factions are a bit more standardized, really. Each faction starts with its fighter and bomber, being the TIE Fighter and TIE Bomber for the Remnant, X-and Y-Wings for the New Republic, and the Nsiss and Syca Clawcraft for the EotH. Then each has an interceptor which can be unlocked pretty early on (tier 1/2ish), being the A-Wing, TIE Interceptor and Krsiss.

Other than that, we've tried to include the other core fighters for each faction, which can serve different roles and are usually only attached to certain carriers. The New Republic tends to have more units which supercede older ones, like the B and E wings, along with the K-Wing. Remnant gets the Scimitar and Defender on top of their core three, and EotH gets the Scarsiss and Furion.

This means we have all of the fighters for the Empire of the Hand (since they only had the 5 to begin with) from ICW, but it leaves out the Preybird, TIE Droid, A-9 and Howlrunner for the Remnant and the Defender for the New Republic. Part of the reason for this is that Sins has the memory limit and we wanna keep performance as smooth as possible, and another is that we want to release sooner rather than later and build on top of that. Honestly though, of what we have cut from the ICW roster I only feel any desire to add the TIE Droid in a later version for the Sovereign. Might even want to cut the E-Wing so we can put Miy'tils on the Battle Dragons as well.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 11, 2014, 11:27:40 PMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Fighter Variants (Split from Screenshot Thread)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 11:27:40 PM »
More than I was expecting...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!