Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Su cuy'gar!  (Read 4397 times)

January 06, 2014, 08:29:19 PM

Offline ShadowCipher

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • ~/([-Increasingly starting to lose it_])\~
    • View Profile
Su cuy'gar!
« on: January 06, 2014, 08:29:19 PM »
Translation for above: Hello!

Hello, I'm your resident guy you will probably never play multiplayer with! Haha. No, but really, I can't play multiplayer on ICW, or SoaSE (unless it's LAN). There are reasons, but this post is an introduction to ones self. So I will introduce myself.

I am ShadowCipher. When and if you become my friend, I'll give you the privilege of knowing my name! Oh, what a harsh world it is.
I play ICW, and soon-to-play Ascendancy. I got a skype (lueciano), and play tons of other games. Mainly Planetside 2, World of Tanks, Warthunder, and Sins.
I've played a plethora of other EaW mods, and ICW pretty much tops it off with that "I am definitely playing a (Insert game universe here)[Star Wars game])." kind of feel. I've always loved having that. Though, I do confess I have been a much bigger fan of the Rise of the Empire-era/Clone Wars of the Star Wars universe, but I'm sure you guys will win me over! :P

Anyways, I hope to become a part of your community, and look forward to future endeavors!
Note: Awesome setup here.
"A true warrior would care about honor..."
"... But if you were stand upon the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask their ghosts if honor matters? The answer.. Is silence."
--
"The rule of the cosmos is conflict. It is an imperative. Without it, nothing struggles, nothing improves, nothing changes."

January 06, 2014, 08:39:36 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Su cuy'gar!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 08:39:36 PM »
Well, most of us can't get multiplayer to work on ICW.  Xixer and I have tried MANY a time.

Welcome anyway!!
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 06, 2014, 08:48:28 PMReply #2

Offline ShadowCipher

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 08:48:28 PM »
Oh, that's rather unfortunate... I remember awhile back when I could play on multi, thriving community still. Think it was back in 2011. Good times then, wonder if there still is...

Oh! And how do I get a image to the "correct" resolution/sizing for the avatar? I've tried so many things already.
"... But if you were stand upon the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask their ghosts if honor matters? The answer.. Is silence."
--
"The rule of the cosmos is conflict. It is an imperative. Without it, nothing struggles, nothing improves, nothing changes."

January 06, 2014, 08:58:33 PMReply #3

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:58:33 PM »
This question gets asked fairly often.  I really should take note of hte answer.  I think it's something like 150x150 pixel limit for the picture that you link to maybe?  I set mine up so long ago I don't even remember for sure.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 06, 2014, 09:00:25 PMReply #4

Offline ShadowCipher

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 09:00:25 PM »
Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:39:08 PM by ShadowCipher »
--

January 06, 2014, 10:39:10 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 10:39:10 PM »
soon-to-play Ascendancy.

I wish I was soon to play Ascendancy....
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 06, 2014, 10:52:19 PMReply #6

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »
Surely you are playing ascendancy since you do put ingame shots on the forum.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

January 07, 2014, 12:44:20 AMReply #7

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 12:44:20 AM »
Welcome
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

January 07, 2014, 12:30:18 PMReply #8

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »
Surely you are playing ascendancy since you do put ingame shots on the forum.

It all depends on what your definition of "playing" is, really. The mod as it is is more of a development and debugging sandbox than a representation of the actual gameplay. It's only been in the last few months that we've had enough content in to start building things around it.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!