Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.1 Bug Report  (Read 66351 times)

January 16, 2014, 05:49:24 PMReply #20

Offline jordanthejq12

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-1
  • RIP, Expanded Universe. You will be missed.
    • View Profile
Re: 2.1 Bug Report
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 05:49:24 PM »
Noticed this in a LP (which can be found here): Remnant heroes don't spawn in multiplayer Empires at War.

Also, Slornie, thanks for copying my EEAW post.
"Show the same loyalty you have in the past, Mandalore. If there is a Mandalorian crusade, let it be for something that will carry your people's memory into the future, so when the time comes when there are no more Mandalorians, than at least their honor will remain."
--Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

January 26, 2014, 12:58:37 PMReply #21

Offline Alestorm

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 12:58:37 PM »
Hey guys, I have a big problem... at some point in the game, my units become uncontrollable and unselectable, both in GC and during land/space battles. It only happens in Final Imperial Push. Does anyone know why and what to do?
Thanks.

January 26, 2014, 01:30:00 PMReply #22

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 01:30:00 PM »
Hey guys, I have a big problem... at some point in the game, my units become uncontrollable and unselectable, both in GC and during land/space battles. It only happens in Final Imperial Push. Does anyone know why and what to do?
Unfortunately this issue is due to a bug in Forces of Corruption itself, and not limited to this mod or any particular GC.  It is triggered when the number of units/projectiles/etc created and destroyed in a game reaches a particular number (beyond which the game can no longer function).  At the moment there is no way to fix an affected game/save file (although there are several people currently trying to develop a solution).
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

January 27, 2014, 01:07:33 PMReply #23

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 01:07:33 PM »
Quoting potential bug from the 2.1 Questions thread:

i just noticed something very intresting!
I played The Hunt for Zsinj as IR, and i just found that i can not build Corellian Corvettes
i dont know if it's an accident or it have a reason why, but that means Zsinj have no "Anti fighter" ship building capacity!!!
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

January 27, 2014, 03:42:50 PMReply #24

Offline Alestorm

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »
Quoting potential bug from the 2.1 Questions thread:

I noticed that too... and also i noticed that when i quit the game it crashes. I push the quit game game button, 1 sec and crash. May this be caused by a corrupted/older autosave file?

January 30, 2014, 04:51:43 PMReply #25

Offline zealot416

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 04:51:43 PM »
In the Hunt for Zsinj campaign the planet Terephon doesn't unlock  even if you conquer all the planets around it.

March 11, 2014, 07:00:32 PMReply #26

Matthew King

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2014, 07:00:32 PM »
I've played this Mod for quite a few hours now and I love it ;D

I have noticed a problem, however, on the 'Art of War' GC (And to get a better understanding, I'll tell you what happened on the way to this bug):

As PA, I first got a few fleets together and put a few of them on my border worlds to protect my stuff while I get monies.
Once I got enough dosh, I built a fleet of Praetors (OP FTW :P) and moved south to Coruscant, crushing IR and EoTH forces on my way.

I killed Isard when she arrived on one of my border worlds and advanced to the next era with Thrawn. I continued on and took Coruscant and the rest of the core worlds, while at the same time, sending forces to crush the EoTH. I took all their planets then attacked Thrawn's forces when I saw him at Fondor with one of my Probe Droids.

After I killed him I thought I would get to the next era and face Palpatine...unfortunately, after I killed Thrawn, the game gave me an exception error and crashed the game (Thank the emperor I save regularly).

I don't know why this is happening? Is the GC unwinnable? Has Thrawn enabled a 'Exception' device to cheat death?

Before you ask, I got the 2.1 Installer version of the game on ModDB.

March 11, 2014, 08:16:47 PMReply #27

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 08:16:47 PM »
There's some potential issues with era progression after a faction has been destroyed on the map, which may explain your problem. We've been trying to think of ways around it (since we'd like to not have to completely strip out that mechanic) but for now the best strategy seems to be setting up little one-planet reserves for factions instead of killing them until you're done with era progression.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 12, 2014, 08:16:01 AMReply #28

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 08:16:01 AM »
I'm still getting the Thrawn Brothers glitch in Era 2!  :o

March 13, 2014, 06:15:02 AMReply #29

Matthew King

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2014, 06:15:02 AM »
Nah, I think Thrawn's Clone came out of his tube a little too soon :P

In all seriousness, I've never had that happen to me (At least, not yet). I'll continue playing and see if I get it as well.

March 13, 2014, 12:27:41 PMReply #30

Offline Carnivore Jacques

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »
A couple minor bugs here:

Daala disappeared on me in Reunification. I had taken Mon Calamari, Bimmisaari and Hakassi, and left my entire fleet orbiting Hakassi. After waiting a few weeks, she was gone. I have no game saves and haven't been able to reproduce it yet, so sorry about that.

When destroying a Warlord scout trooper's bike, the trooper survives as he should, but he becomes a Remnant scout trooper.

March 14, 2014, 07:53:57 PMReply #31

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2014, 07:53:57 PM »
Ession still has a really bad visual glitch that makes half the screen covered in a giant black square.

The Lucrehulk doesn't seem to have any voice as well.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 08:01:20 PM by Singularity »

March 15, 2014, 09:37:38 AMReply #32

Matthew King

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2014, 09:37:38 AM »
Kay I just played all the way through 'Art of War' GC.

I noticed that both Thrawn & his clone are in the same EoTH fleet during Era 5 (Even though Thrawn should've moved to IR when Era 2 came).

Was this intentional or is it bugged?

March 15, 2014, 06:54:31 PMReply #33

Supreme

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2014, 06:54:31 PM »
The AI doesn't build Sovereigns in the "Infinities" GC.

Then again, not much of a problem because they are so easy to blow up with fighters anyway. :)

March 15, 2014, 07:21:15 PMReply #34

Offline Weaver

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Coloring the galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2014, 07:21:15 PM »
Figured I'd start one to get the bugs that we've found so far posted.  Started an infinities as the PA, and found these:

One that I found that wasn't caught until after the Betas was over is Wayland has only 2 reinforcement points, and with those 2, has a maximum amount of 7 units.

I could be wrong on this, but it seems in my playing so far that Blastboats spawned from Muni's are considered relevant for victory (you have to hunt them down and kill them to win, since spawned fighters weren't supposed to be anymore)

BTW, is FTGU supposed to get like 10 attacks per week from the AI?  I've given up on that save game because it took 6 hours of actual playing to get from week 45 to 50 due to literal constant attacks.  No more than finish a battle, go back to Galactic, and a popup for "space battle at wherever.  Was really fun playing this for a while, but the constant attacks killed it.

I've experienced this as well. No SSDs or capital ships, just swarms of frigates even after my superior fleet had taken a planet.

Literally as you say ten fleets could all advance on the same fleet of 14 Phalanxes and be obliterated in seconds. I think the AI needs a tweak in this GC.

March 16, 2014, 06:48:39 AMReply #35

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2014, 06:48:39 AM »
The ai do it in all gc's, I'm playing as the NR on thrawn campaign and the ai thinks sending fighters with weak frigates to the strong defense planet and capital ships with victorys with fighters to a weak planet.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

March 16, 2014, 09:57:04 AMReply #36

Offline Willy2537

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2014, 09:57:04 AM »
Um, this is my first time on this website, so please excuse me if I made any mistakes. :)

First of all, I have to thank you all for this awesome mod. Just downloaded it not very long ago and I've been enjoying it pretty much. But there was this little texture problem... Some units and/or scenery models are missing or something. They showed up as solid-white models in the game. Examples included some asteroids and Admiral Ackbar's freakin' Home One star cruiser! It's not much, but it's kinda annoying to see. I've been searching for solutions non stop for a couple of hours now. Granted, your other details in the mod are great, but seeing some units with missing textures stopped me from enjoying it to the fullest.

Also, a couple minor things: I've just registered into your forum, and it says it'll send something to my email, right? It hasn't show up yet, even in the junk tab. And I tried to make a new post in this forum to write about the white model issue, but I just can't seem to find the 'make new post' button or something. (I know, I sounded like an internet idiot, but I just don't know where it is...) Any help will be very appreciated!

All in all, keep up the great work everyone! Would love a reply soon! :)

March 16, 2014, 10:22:31 AMReply #37

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2014, 10:22:31 AM »
Also, a couple minor things: I've just registered into your forum, and it says it'll send something to my email, right? It hasn't show up yet, even in the junk tab. And I tried to make a new post in this forum to write about the white model issue, but I just can't seem to find the 'make new post' button or something. (I know, I sounded like an internet idiot, but I just don't know where it is...) Any help will be very appreciated!
Hi Ace, I've just activated your account for you (Willy2537, right?).  In theory you should get another email, but if the first one didn't arrive then who knows - maybe check you provided the right email address when you get logged in.  Guests can reply to existing threads but can't create new ones (in the past that ability has been abused by spambots).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 10:24:13 AM by Slornie »

March 16, 2014, 12:19:14 PMReply #38

Offline Willy2537

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2014, 12:19:14 PM »
Yep. Just logged in! It's my email no doubt. Still, nothing shows up yet. But that's okay, I know I can contact you guys in here. :)

Any luck finding out about that missing texture glitch I mentioned?

March 16, 2014, 05:02:05 PMReply #39

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »
1. What detail level are you playing on?
2. How big is the Imperial Civil War folder?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!