Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Ascendancy Daily Screenshot Thread  (Read 234424 times)

November 21, 2014, 12:39:48 AMReply #360

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendancy Daily Screenshot Thread
« Reply #360 on: November 21, 2014, 12:39:48 AM »
Pellaeon, Thrawn and I'm guessing Daala. Are they somehow significant?
I reject your canon and substitute my own!

November 21, 2014, 03:23:20 AMReply #361

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 21, 2014, 03:23:20 AM »

In a word YES.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

November 21, 2014, 04:51:47 PMReply #362

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 21, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Armada 3's expansion next month myself - they seem to be putting an incredible amount of work into it.  Interregnum is definitely worth a look, the Empire and Warlords factions are downloadable in the current alpha build and offer similar but distinct play styles.  It's based on a storyline the mod's main author created where the Sins races flee their galaxy and end up invading the Star Wars one just before the Battle of Endor, so it involves the base Sins factions as well as Star Wars ones.  It requires the Enhanced 4X Mod (a worthy mod in its own right that helps flesh out and expand differences between the Sins factions), authored by the same person and included with the Interregnum download.  SoGE I've had plenty of fun with, but it's been feeling a bit dated for a while now.

November 21, 2014, 05:01:00 PMReply #363

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 21, 2014, 05:01:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Armada 3's expansion next month myself - they seem to be putting an incredible amount of work into it.  Interregnum is definitely worth a look, the Empire and Warlords factions are downloadable in the current alpha build and offer similar but distinct play styles.  It's based on a storyline the mod's main author created where the Sins races flee their galaxy and end up invading the Star Wars one just before the Battle of Endor, so it involves the base Sins factions as well as Star Wars ones.  It requires the Enhanced 4X Mod (a worthy mod in its own right that helps flesh out and expand differences between the Sins factions), authored by the same person and included with the Interregnum download.  SoGE I've had plenty of fun with, but it's been feeling a bit dated for a while now.

WHile I did enjoy SoAGE for a bit, I never liked how ships moved in it.  I remember the Venators always would take off across the screen then power slide to a stop.  Didn't like that.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

November 21, 2014, 06:45:18 PMReply #364

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 21, 2014, 06:45:18 PM »

Yeah, it's Daala. Those are techs with features related to the characteristics/policies of those particular leaders. Pellaeon Doctrine is a diplomatic tech that removes the racial relationship penalties, Daala Doctrine decreases your relationship standing with other Imperial players very significantly but increases the Allegiance you gain from your culture. Thrawn doctrine provides a passive combat bonus to frigates.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

November 21, 2014, 07:56:15 PMReply #365

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 21, 2014, 07:56:15 PM »
You could do one for the emperor something like "Super weapon construction speed increase" Description As the emperor liked using super weapons their construction speed is increased, although after the destruction of alderaan many people feel threatened by this so this slows the rate of culture spread.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

November 21, 2014, 08:11:22 PMReply #366

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 21, 2014, 08:11:22 PM »
That could really only be applied to the galaxy gun, which isn't something we want to encourage. Too many of the early IR tests ended with every planet destroyed when we were using the Novalith cannon numbers and cooldowns.

Either way, the whole "leader doctrine tech" idea is going to be significantly revamped after the first version most likely.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

November 23, 2014, 04:49:21 AMReply #367

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 23, 2014, 04:49:21 AM »
WHile I did enjoy SoAGE for a bit, I never liked how ships moved in it.  I remember the Venators always would take off across the screen then power slide to a stop.  Didn't like that.

I don't know that I ever had that happen, but there were some design aspects I wasn't a big fan of overall... for instance, a number of maps were nearly impossible for certain factions to expand in, sometimes directly opposite what one would expect (IIRC, the Vong invasion map for a PC Vong had the Vong starting in a terrible spot as both linked planets had massive defense forces, but your starting forces were still default Sins level).  Wasn't a bad mod, had good times with it, but it somewhat had me feeling that I was playing it just because it was the only decently-done Star Wars mod I could find.  Sacrifice of Angels 2 I remember giving me the same feeling, though for Star Trek.

Fortunately, we've got new ones coming from proven teams to look forward to for both Stars. :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:50:54 AM by Pali »

November 27, 2014, 12:24:23 PMReply #368

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 27, 2014, 12:24:23 PM »

Earlier, we showed a picture of the Deep Core scenariom which was small but still accurate. This is a picture from the "Unified Front" 9 player map with 128 planets. Essentially, it has all of the planets from Imperial Civil War not in the Unknown Regions (which will be featured in other maps). This particular screenshot is from the northern third or so of the map, which should look familiar to ICW players. Every planet in the maps is essentially as close to canon positioning as source materials and my desire to retain what's left of my sanity allow.

Keep in mind, the top only looks squished because of the camera angle; that cluster is decently far out.

November 27, 2014, 06:49:42 PMReply #369

Mark

« Reply #369 on: November 27, 2014, 06:49:42 PM »
Hello sir.  Been following your mod and Thrawns revenge for about a year now,and I've been nothing but stunned with the quality of content you guys produce.  I have a couple questions though.  First:  What is the sound approach you guys deciding to take when it came to ship weapons?  For example, the dev for Interregnum decided to have normal turbolasers and ion cannon sounds, but added sounds for a "light" turbolaser class as well.  Sins of a Galactic Empire had just normal turbolaser and ion cannon sounds with drastically increased firing times when it came to the ships.  I wanna know what approach you guys took.  Also, do you guys plan on taking a page out of SoaGE's book and bringing more of a focus to the capital ships?  Or will you need to bring an appropriate bag of mixed goodies to the party to secure the win?  Just a loyal fan in a thirst for knowledge.

November 27, 2014, 09:58:42 PMReply #370

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 27, 2014, 09:58:42 PM »
I like how spread out the planets and hyperspace lanes are - it seems a bit less choke-pointy than ICW's map, except in places it should be like the very top.

November 28, 2014, 07:16:13 AMReply #371

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 28, 2014, 07:16:13 AM »
Sigh, I can't wait to get my hands on this.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

November 28, 2014, 03:52:49 PMReply #372

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 28, 2014, 03:52:49 PM »

Got it! Please note my graphical settings are at fairly mediocre levels.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:59:53 PM by Senza »

November 28, 2014, 06:23:34 PMReply #373

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 28, 2014, 06:23:34 PM »
I'm a fan of the new graphics.  Definitely liking better than the "stock" ones.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

November 28, 2014, 10:06:33 PMReply #374

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 28, 2014, 10:06:33 PM »
Seriously though, what would be the best way to post images in a comment? I intend to start posting alpha/ beta screenshots pretty often.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:53:38 AM by Senza »

November 28, 2014, 10:51:01 PMReply #375

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 28, 2014, 10:51:01 PM »
Photobucket.com

Upload them there, open them, rigth click, copy image location, paste here in the image tags. Make sure theres a .png/.jpg or whatever at the end of the address, otherwise it's not actually the image.

December 03, 2014, 01:47:52 PMReply #376

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 03, 2014, 01:47:52 PM »
Just an update guys, the worst part of dead week is almost behind me, once I get a chance I am going to start testing more again and taking screenshots. Also, if there's anything specific in Ascendancy you guys would like to see (for instance, a closeup of 12 Carracks doing handstands while firing ion cannons at Quasar-fires), either PM me or just post here

December 03, 2014, 11:15:37 PMReply #377

Mark

« Reply #377 on: December 03, 2014, 11:15:37 PM »
YES!  Ask Corey's permission if you could for instance record a bit of gameplay, like a fight between an ISD 1 and an MC-80B.  I really wanna see how the game sounds and plays

December 03, 2014, 11:17:54 PMReply #378

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 03, 2014, 11:17:54 PM »
YES!  Ask Corey's permission if you could for instance record a bit of gameplay, like a fight between an ISD 1 and an MC-80B.  I really wanna see how the game sounds and plays

The only problem there is you'd pretty much never see those 2 ships by themselves, they're going to be guarded by support fleets due to the cost of capital ships.

December 04, 2014, 05:14:50 PMReply #379

Mark

« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2014, 05:14:50 PM »
  I apologize.  I didn't totally mean just those two ships.  I know they'll have their support vessels.  Kinda had one of the first gameplay trailers for EaW going through my head at the time.  Just a video of a minor fleet fight or a decent skirmish between one of the factions and a group of neutrals is something I would love to see before beta release on the 18th.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!