Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Building your own starship  (Read 23212 times)

August 24, 2013, 09:27:36 PMReply #20

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Building your own starship
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 09:27:36 PM »
I'd have essentially a Praetor Mk. II except much of the internals that hold prefabbed garrisons and such stripped out for additional hanger capacity.  Redundant shield emitters.  Would be a full-on battle carrier.  Armed with Tie Avengers and Skipray Blastboats.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 24, 2013, 10:07:16 PMReply #21

Offline Rovert10

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 10:07:16 PM »
Might as well get Tie Defenders if you have Avengers.

August 24, 2013, 10:37:39 PMReply #22

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 10:37:39 PM »
Might as well get Tie Defenders if you have Avengers.

Ah, but Maarek Stele proved that even an "inferior" craft like the Avenger could outperform an "advanced" fighter like the Defender if it was put in the right hands.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

August 25, 2013, 12:03:56 AMReply #23

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2013, 12:03:56 AM »
Avengers look better IMO, are cheaper, and if you have dedicated strike craft, aren't all THAT much worse in a superiority role due to the smaller size of the Avenger making it much more difficult to target.

And for strike craft, as good as the Defender is, the Blastboat is basically unequalled until you get to the K-Wing, and it (canonically) lacks the Blastboats hyperdrive.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 25, 2013, 03:06:25 AMReply #24

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-3
  • The weak deserve their fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2013, 03:06:25 AM »
my ship would be a made in a design similar to the Harrower-class dreadnought around 8000 meters with redundant shields,
stealth armor,engines from the Bellator-class dreadnought and the middle hanger replaced with a canon like the Aggressor-class Star Destroyers capable of annihilating smaller cap ships and crippling Dreadnaughts.

its armament being 1 super ion/plasma cannon   7000 turbo lasers   220 point defence lasers   100 heavy ion cannons   45 Assault concussion missile tubes  55 anti-fighter weapons.

its fighter complement being 700 fighters or bombers my personal one being 100 TIE/D Defenders 300 Predator-class fighters 300  GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat

So I'm assuming you just want to put a giant target on yourself? I mean, if it can hold it's own against an armada, cool, but you might as well keep an entire sector fleet and then some with it. And forget about the element of surprise. The things fucking massive, and would be detected instantly. Not to mention, with the way the god damn Rebels are, they would find some 'catastrophic design flaw' and blow the entire fucking thing up.
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

August 25, 2013, 05:19:59 AMReply #25

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2013, 05:19:59 AM »
Possibly but let us remember that while almost all the SSD and dreadnaughts were eventually destroyed they normally died hard and took quite a few enemies with them
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 05, 2013, 11:22:38 AMReply #26

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 11:22:38 AM »
yeah.
the SSD-s were quite useful in their time. i think it's a pitty that the NR were unabble to countinue the upgrading of them.
just imagine: the executor class SSD's were designed and operated for about 50 years, and how useful were they.
if the NR would wait for 100-150 years innovating them what would happen?
INSTANT KILLING FOR ORDER.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

September 05, 2013, 11:54:53 AMReply #27

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »
It's not that they COULDN'T continue upgrading, they simply decided to focus more upon smaller, faster ships with focused weaponry (cross of fire).  It's an ongoing cycle in SW, they get huge, then they get small, start to grow again, get huge, then go small...

September 05, 2013, 01:08:15 PMReply #28

Offline Augustus Lucius Flavius

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 01:08:15 PM »
Yes but the small GA capital ships from Legacy are quite ugly in my opinion. Bigger is better. More weapons, more fighters=more awesomeness.
I am Augustus Lucius Flavius the future Emperor of Terra, Chancellor of Mars, and Governor of the Lunar colonies.

September 05, 2013, 04:04:35 PMReply #29

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 04:04:35 PM »
Yes but the small GA capital ships from Legacy are quite ugly in my opinion. Bigger is better. More weapons, more fighters=more awesomeness.

To a degree. I think the SSDs fulfilled their roles very admirably and when added to a fleet could be nigh unstoppable. However they were also logistical nightmares I would imagine as a standard ISD was once described as 47,000,000 maintenance issues waiting to happen, what would a vessel worth 20 of them be to maintain?

September 05, 2013, 05:44:04 PMReply #30

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 05:44:04 PM »
If I have an SSD I am quite sure I will be able to afford a minion that is good at figuring out the best logistical supply line or I can just find a planet that has what is needed with a quick holonet search and take it because I have an SSD. Their arguments will be invalid.
I am Augustus Lucius Flavius the future Emperor of Terra, Chancellor of Mars, and Governor of the Lunar colonies.

September 05, 2013, 09:46:14 PMReply #31

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 09:46:14 PM »
Ah, but Maarek Stele proved that even an "inferior" craft like the Avenger could outperform an "advanced" fighter like the Defender if it was put in the right hands.

Ah, but what if the Advanced fighter was put into the right hands?

If I have an SSD I am quite sure I will be able to afford a minion that is good at figuring out the best logistical supply line or I can just find a planet that has what is needed with a quick holonet search and take it because I have an SSD. Their arguments will be invalid.

I suppose that is a point, though then you'd have to guard against sabotage(I cite the tragic results sabotage played on the Knight Hammer, Iron Fist, Aurora, Eclipse II, and Intimidator)

September 06, 2013, 12:06:17 AMReply #32

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 12:06:17 AM »
Sabotage is cheating and cheaters will be tracked down and then promptly banned from life.  But it does not matter since I shall have an entire legion of YVH droids surrounding all of the critical systems. Before you ask how I will acquire the droids, the first mission I will take my ship on is to raid all of Lando's supply depots and factories to get all of his savior weapons of the book and put them to use for the Empire instead of the rebel terrorists.

September 06, 2013, 12:26:55 AMReply #33

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2013, 12:26:55 AM »
If the advanced fighter was put into the right hands, then it is just a matter of who makes the first mistake.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 06, 2013, 09:54:29 PMReply #34

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2013, 09:54:29 PM »
Sabotage is cheating and cheaters will be tracked down and then promptly banned from life.  But it does not matter since I shall have an entire legion of YVH droids surrounding all of the critical systems. Before you ask how I will acquire the droids, the first mission I will take my ship on is to raid all of Lando's supply depots and factories to get all of his savior weapons of the book and put them to use for the Empire instead of the rebel terrorists.

The Empire really doesn't like Lando's businesses

September 07, 2013, 12:38:56 PMReply #35

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2013, 12:38:56 PM »
Which is why we are stealing all of his stuff.

September 07, 2013, 07:56:39 PMReply #36

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2013, 07:56:39 PM »
Which is why we are stealing all of his stuff.

His insurance must be murder...I mean if he isn't already investing in things most likely to fail, always getting seized by the Empire or destroyed by the Vong, he's a business liability nightmare

September 07, 2013, 10:26:12 PMReply #37

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2013, 10:26:12 PM »
He probably won his insurance in a sabaac match. Only way he'd be able to afford it.

September 08, 2013, 12:05:05 AMReply #38

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2013, 12:05:05 AM »
Probably true

October 11, 2016, 06:16:52 PMReply #39

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 06:16:52 PM »
All of the Ships are great and all but some of my ships in my FanFictions are pretty Epic. But I'm going to give you a ship I would have in the Star Wars Universe. It's form My fic Star WarsTwice Empires (AKA a Mandalorain Faction and a Sith Empire faction call the Sith Empire of the Light.) It is call (and both Factions have then but Different Ships but similar at the same time) The Excalibur MK2  Class Super Star Destroyer.(their a Mk1 but i like the MK2 look more) It's Standard size (and yes their are bigger size Ships of the class but I'm not going tell you what they are yet.) Is 25,000 meters in length 6,500 meters in width and yes in does look like a Sword in shape (the whole ship look like the Executor and the Vengeance Classes but the same depth as the Sovereign just no thing at the Front.) And Height is 4,500 meters. Primary Front Main Gun is a Super Heavy Mass/TurboLaser Accelerator Canon (Op sounding huh) 8 Mega Turbolaser Quad Canons (8 Turrets on the wings/Hilt) 32 super Turbolaser tri canons Turrets (like a Battleship guns) 3,000 Heavy Turbolaser Batterys, 7,000, Turbolaser Batterys 4,000, heavy ION Canons batterys, 2,500 ion canons Batterys, 400 Concussion missile tubes. And 2,500 anti-Flights Laser canons. Now for the Armor and Shields Systems First is the armor. Hull Armor 3 Lars of 15m of Titanium-Beskar Hybrid Armor Coated with Tungsten. Second is the Shields. 2 Shield Lars of Redundant/All Proposes Super Energy Shields. It's Fighter Complement is 1,500 of Fighers and Bombers Of the Sith Empire of the Light (I'll tell more about them another time ok guys and girls) some what do you think of the Excalibur. Oh and it can Carry Corvette class to light Frigate Class ships.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:28:44 PM by StarBornMichaelh165 »
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!