Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Building your own starship  (Read 23027 times)

October 17, 2016, 12:23:50 AMReply #40

Offline GEARREX_11

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Building your own starship
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2016, 12:23:50 AM »
I like this idea ill give it a shot.
Reaper Class Star Destroyer
A mass produced version of the experimental weapons platform EF-X. It is 1600m in length. Unlike the prototype this one lacks the vulnerable antimatter container. It resembles the ISD MK 1 but with a few key differences. The main guns are replaced with dual long range heavy turbolasers like the kind you would find on an SSD. It also sports a ultra heavy beam laser on a central circular mounting platform near the bow of the ship. It also sports an effective AA defense system with numerious fast tracking turbolaser towers. The shields are far stronger than even the ISD MKII due to it being a test bed for SSD shields and engines. This also gives it quite an edge in maneuverability. Hangar size is slightly ahead of the ISD as well.

October 17, 2016, 02:32:53 AMReply #41

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2016, 02:32:53 AM »
Hey, I named my own design reaper-class too :D
http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/index.php?topic=5648.0
Well, great minds think alike :D
B. Well, this is my own design I like to call Reaper-class Star Destroyer. A smaller star destroyer with Black paintjob instead of the normal grey. It's purpouse is to pack much more of a punch bringing al little heavier armament as the ISD I, but in a smaller frame.(it is only more that I would replace the quad Turbolasers to Octople, and the Duals to Quads. Not much of an improvement, but still. Though to get this, it has a much smaller Hangar, only able to carry 12 TIEs)
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

October 17, 2016, 01:05:59 PMReply #42

Offline GEARREX_11

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2016, 01:05:59 PM »
Quote:
Hey, I named my own design reaper-class too :D
http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/index.php?topic=5648.0
Well, great minds think alike
I like your idea too Dave :) I have always had a fascination with the EF-X my idea came from the model someone created to try and represent it. It looked like an ISD that had stole the guns and engines from and SSD it looked beast. Plus the beam laser on the front was actually there in the model giving it even more firepower. I actually heard Corey mention he might attempt to do a model for it since it played a key role in the Black fleet crisis and the final imperial push so here's hoping it makes it :).

October 17, 2016, 02:49:19 PMReply #43

Offline StarBornMichaelh165

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-6
  • Long Live the United Species Republic.
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2016, 02:49:19 PM »
All of the Ships are great and all but some of my ships in my FanFictions are pretty Epic. But I'm going to give you a ship I would have in the Star Wars Universe. It's form My fic Star WarsTwice Empires (AKA a Mandalorain Faction and a Sith Empire faction call the Sith Empire of the Light.) It is call (and both Factions have then but Different Ships but similar at the same time) The Excalibur MK2  Class Super Star Destroyer.(their a Mk1 but i like the MK2 look more) It's Standard size (and yes their are bigger size Ships of the class but I'm not going tell you what they are yet.) Is 25,000 meters in length 6,500 meters in width and yes in does look like a Sword in shape (the whole ship look like the Executor and the Vengeance Classes but the same depth as the Sovereign just no thing at the Front.) And Height is 4,500 meters. Primary Front Main Gun is a Super Heavy Mass/TurboLaser Accelerator Canon (Op sounding huh) 8 Mega Turbolaser Quad Canons (8 Turrets on the wings/Hilt) 32 super Turbolaser tri canons Turrets (like a Battleship guns) 3,000 Heavy Turbolaser Batterys, 7,000, Turbolaser Batterys 4,000, heavy ION Canons batterys, 2,500 ion canons Batterys, 400 Concussion missile tubes. And 2,500 anti-Flights Laser canons. Now for the Armor and Shields Systems First is the armor. Hull Armor 3 Lars of 15m of Titanium-Beskar Hybrid Armor Coated with Tungsten. Second is the Shields. 2 Shield Lars of Redundant/All Proposes Super Energy Shields. It's Fighter Complement is 1,500 of Fighers and Bombers Of the Sith Empire of the Light (I'll tell more about them another time ok guys and girls) some what do you think of the Excalibur. Oh and it can Carry Corvette class to light Frigate Class ships.
What.... ok why is no one interested in this?.
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

October 17, 2016, 06:30:32 PMReply #44

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2016, 06:30:32 PM »
What.... ok why is no one interested in this?.

Can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it's Fanon.  Who cares?  I'm not even slightly interested in any Fanon ships.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 18, 2016, 12:22:14 AMReply #45

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2016, 12:22:14 AM »
Can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it's Fanon.  Who cares?  I'm not even slightly interested in any Fanon ships.
It my fanon ship and it one Hell of a ship because if you think about it so is Star wars and because me and my Friend are going to make it Real so don't think of it as fanon just think of it as a peace to a new Fiction of Star Wars that may come out in the future ok. But yeah tell me what do you think about the ship in general? .
Greetings my people and welcome to the United Species Republic. Come and join the Republic that is not Like any Republic you never know before come join today. Oh and check out my YouTube and my Fan Fiction Profile OK Everyone.
 [img] file:///C:/Users/Michael/Pictures/my%20photos/Conqueror_superlaser.jpg [img]

October 18, 2016, 09:15:02 AMReply #46

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2016, 09:15:02 AM »
It my fanon ship and it one Hell of a ship because if you think about it so is Star wars and because me and my Friend are going to make it Real so don't think of it as fanon just think of it as a peace to a new Fiction of Star Wars that may come out in the future ok. But yeah tell me what do you think about the ship in general? .

Didn't read the description.  It's fanon, so won't bother.  I really, truly, care nothing about the fanon universe.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 18, 2016, 11:52:07 AMReply #47

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
    • www.YouTube.com
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2016, 11:52:07 AM »
Didn't read the description.  It's fanon, so won't bother.  I really, truly, care nothing about the fanon universe.
Oh right then oh well. Can't win them all. But at less just go read my post about the Excalibur class even if it is just go look at it for fun bro.

November 03, 2016, 10:39:20 PMReply #48

Offline GreyStar

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +11/-4
  • The Rival Defender
    • View Profile
    • Steam Page
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2016, 10:39:20 PM »
Guilltine Class Super Star Destroyer

Take all of the guns of an SSD. And make it so that it goes Turbo Laser, Ion Cannon, and then Concussion Missle. Replace hangars with more guns. It now has AA defense and even better DPS. It's perfect.

E-Wing 2.

An E-Wing with a gun on the back to prevent those blood kill shots from behind.

November 05, 2016, 01:51:49 PMReply #49

Offline Jesse220

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2016, 01:51:49 PM »
I could build my own Tie fighter with deflector shields and add more fire power to blow up walker, tanks ect.

November 11, 2016, 07:09:38 AMReply #50

Offline Tortique

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2016, 07:09:38 AM »
Aurora-calss Star Destroyer (ASD).

I won't be satisfied without having a proper carrier, so I'll create another modification of ISD, with most of heavy weaponry removed, expanded hangars (420 small craft is the lowest number expected to carry), no need of big hangar doors, fighters could be launched with Star Wars analogue of EMALS to achieve or exceed launch speed of the Venator with open doors. This modification don't need any weaponry except mb for small number of anti-fighter lasers. Create a fleet consisting of this carrier, Tectors and Lancers and you are the winner.

Fighter complement: 200 TIE Hunters/Interceptors for fighter role, 100 Scimitars for assault role, 100 TIE Defenders for multirole (after this one I'll probably be bankrupt) and 20 troop carriers (probably IDT or LAAT/i). This goes for minimal load of 420, though I'd assume that ship of ISD size with mostly nothing but hangars could get like 600, in this case complement wiil be like: 250 TIE Hunters, 200 Scimitars, 100 TIE Defenders and 50 troop carriers (same type as above). If someone have enough money he could go with TIE/Ds only and troop carriers.

January 21, 2017, 10:28:58 AMReply #51

Prince-General Bastian

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 10:28:58 AM »
(I hope its still okay to post replies)

I's go with a fairly small mass producible design, about 1-2km with a high fighter complement, a small number of rapid firing heavy guns, fast tracking anti-fighter turrets and a prow mounted pulse ion cannon.

January 24, 2017, 02:12:15 PMReply #52

Offline DarthRevansRevenge

• Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-3
  • Your empire is doomed. Revan has returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 02:12:15 PM »
your fine.

mine would be the Fist of Justice standalone SSD. 23 Km long, it incorporates design features from Knight Hammer(stealth armor and reduced crew), Eclipse(extra heavy armor,same basic look, just 6 Km longer, with a laser with capabilities of the DS2 laser), and the World Devastators(eating ability and produces swarms of fighters and war material). produced in the outer rim, in the unknown regions, it would serve as the base for Palpatine's last stand, had he not been taken down for good in shadow hand. only 30% complete, and with no more support from the empire, construction was halt, and the ship was scraped. Material and Resources eventually were used to fund the Krayt Empire after the fall of the Fels in 130 ABY
do you know what really makes me mad? that the NR didn't make as many different SSDs as the empire. they would have won much faster had they done so. it's just not fair. but, if their were more NR SSDs, they would be absolute SUPER-CARRIERS.

but, i'm a member of the PA at heart, and my wish here is to join the ranks of grand admirals... sorry, the elite imperial alignment

March 15, 2017, 01:04:59 AMReply #53

Offline Octavian Krieger

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2017, 01:04:59 AM »
Mine would be a 3.7km long fleet carrier with similar deployments to the Secutor.

It would be shaped very closely to the Centurion Battlecruiser (picture will be posted at the bottom), with a single massive hangar bay on the bottom, and two hangars at each of its otherwise heavily plated flanks. It would have a large array of maybe 5 Ion Cannon Batteries at the front? With about 20 Light Turbolaser Batteries along the sides of the ship. It would have point defense arrays spread across the topside, and quad lasers defending each of the five hangars. The main weapons would be the 6 Quad Turbolaser Batteries surrounding the bridge, leaving it somewhat defensible at the rear. The bulges? Yeah, those have concussion missile launchers.

It's compliment? 4 Squadrons ARC-170s, 4 Squadrons TIE Defenders, 6 Squadrons TIE Avengers, 1 Wing TIE Interceptors, 1 Wing TIE/ln Starfighters, and 5 Squadrons of TIE Bombers.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 01:16:24 AM by Octavian Krieger »
"The New Order cannot fall, it will not fall."

July 22, 2017, 01:14:23 PMReply #54

Offline The Fist Of Justice

• Brevet Admiral
  • I will build an Empire to conquer all Empires.
    • View Profile
    • That EAW Imgur profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2017, 01:14:23 PM »
your fine.

mine would be the Fist of Justice standalone SSD. 23 Km long, it incorporates design features from Knight Hammer(stealth armor and reduced crew), Eclipse(extra heavy armor,same basic look, just 6 Km longer, with a laser with capabilities of the DS2 laser), and the World Devastators(eating ability and produces swarms of fighters and war material). produced in the outer rim, in the unknown regions, it would serve as the base for Palpatine's last stand, had he not been taken down for good in shadow hand. only 30% complete, and with no more support from the empire, construction was halt, and the ship was scraped. Material and Resources eventually were used to fund the Krayt Empire after the fall of the Fels in 130 ABY

Your ship's name is a funny coincidence.
Commander of the Strike Cruiser Relentless. Soon the leader of a new Empire.

April 02, 2018, 02:16:50 AMReply #55

Offline Zardnaar

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2018, 02:16:50 AM »
 I  would go smaller, perhaps Victory III (As vic 1 or 2 but faster) or a strike cruiser fleet customised for carrying fighters and use better fighters (redirecting fund from silly super weapons/ships or SSD's/ISD II's).

Mass producing TIEs may not be viable, shield equipped interceptors though are.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!