Off Topic > Star Wars Discussion

Building your own starship

(1/12) > >>

Augustus Lucius Flavius:
If you could design a ship class of any type what would it be and what would you call it?  My ship would be a three KM winged (like the Vengeance) Star Destroyer with a deeper hull to allow for more fighters. Its total armament would be 150 heavy turbo batteries, 150 heavy ion batteries, 50 concussion missile launchers, 60 point defense batteries.  Its fighter complement would be 15 squadrons of TIE Avengers, 10 squadrons of Scimitars, and 5 squadrons of TIE Defenders. It would be called the Caesar-class.

Lord Xizer:
Modified ISDII
Stealth black armor for sensor masking, replace all the ridgeline turbolasers with anti starfighter defenses and place more emphasis on speed than sheer firepower

JC123:

--- Quote from: Lord Xizer on August 15, 2013, 04:02:51 PM ---Modified ISDII
Stealth black armor for sensor masking, replace all the ridgeline turbolasers with anti starfighter defenses and place more emphasis on speed than sheer firepower

--- End quote ---

So not only does it blast any MC80 out of the sky, it removes any starfighter advantage forcing the republic to go ship-to-ship in order to destroy it?  Yeah, that's OP.  Also, why the heck didn't Kuat do that?  It makes too much sense!

I would improve on that and give it redundant shielding.  I'm tired of that getting blasted.

Once that is all done, you don't need to do anything else beyond making dozens of them at a time and even the Chiss hero blob cannot stand against you.  It's the one stop shop for Imperial domination.

Redraline_Salkos:
Yeah...I think they pretty much covered what I would want with the Errant Venture. An ISD-II redesigned as a mobile shadowport with a superlaser? Yes please.

Lord Xizer:

--- Quote from: JC123 on August 15, 2013, 04:43:39 PM ---So not only does it blast any MC80 out of the sky, it removes any starfighter advantage forcing the republic to go ship-to-ship in order to destroy it?  Yeah, that's OP.  Also, why the heck didn't Kuat do that?  It makes too much sense!
I would improve on that and give it redundant shielding.  I'm tired of that getting blasted.
Once that is all done, you don't need to do anything else beyond making dozens of them at a time and even the Chiss hero blob cannot stand against you.  It's the one stop shop for Imperial domination.

--- End quote ---

Well in my experience Speed and versatility are what make a vessel strategic. The basic ISDII is a good ship, it can be mass produced, it has fighters, heavy arms and troops. Basically all that's needed would be tweaks of it.
As to why Kuat didn't do that? Well Stealth plating is apparently pretty hideously expensive(I mean the only capital examples are the Knight Hammer and a few specialized vessels) I imagine it would also slow down mass production a bit too. Also the vessel would lose some of it's main priority as a capital ship destroyer since about 1/4 of it's heavy weapons would be replaced with anti fighter arms. Still in my opinion this would have drastically improved it's combat effectiveness as a whole. It could also have been done to a degree with VSDIIs as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version