Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Hey  (Read 3962 times)

July 20, 2013, 12:03:05 PM

Offline jmlport98

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hey
« on: July 20, 2013, 12:03:05 PM »
Hi! I'm a pretty big RTS fan, especially the mods for them, and this is the first forum that I found that isn't completely dead! I'm downloading ICW2 as I type, it looks like a very interesting mod. After playing it for a bit I plan on perhaps writing a review for it and contributing in general in the discussion forums. My favorite EAW mods are Absolute Corrpuption and Republic at War, in real life other than gaming my hobbies are soccer, fishing, hunting, record collecting, and my dog.

July 20, 2013, 04:33:35 PMReply #1

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »
Welcome. I believe you will find this mod quite enjoyable (more so than Absolute Corruption, as I have played that as well; never played RaW though). Just wait until 2.1 comes out, then you'll be in for a real treat.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

July 20, 2013, 06:13:46 PMReply #2

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 06:13:46 PM »
This is by far the best mod on FOC.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

July 20, 2013, 07:56:42 PMReply #3

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
This is by far the best mod on FOC.

I would agree, but I would say many of us that are on these forums for any length of time are probably a rather biased opinion.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

July 20, 2013, 10:09:33 PMReply #4

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 10:09:33 PM »
I would agree, but I would say many of us that are on these forums for any length of time are probably a rather biased opinion.

True, especially since this is a forum discussing only one mod (I consider ICW and Ascendancy as basically the same mod since the same modders make it) so we are a little biased about this mod being the best.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

July 21, 2013, 02:08:48 AMReply #5

Offline jmlport98

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 02:08:48 AM »
So far it's impressive. The content that is added is, well, astounding. You cannot really compare this to Absolute Corruption though, to clarify that is my favorite *mod*. It gives me a large amount of content without completely changing the game. Thrawn's Revenge and Republic at War, I would label those as conversions. I personally love how combat is re-designed, and the new game mechanics are beyond intuitive. I've played the game very little and the only complaint so far are the raid fleets. I was playing as the New Republic with medium-sized fleet attacking Imperial Remnants. I believe I had a good amount of frigates and a few battleships. All of a sudden 2 Imperial Star Destroyers appeared behind my fleet and destroyed nearly every unit except for my Mon Calamari cruisers, which were severely damaged. When I read the description on raid fleets I was expecting to encounter a small fleet of frigates and fighters, not battleships. Although I understand as you get more powerful the smaller raid fleets will be able to do little to no damage, the size and power should increase as you do. Other than that in general the mod seems very well done, visually it looks great although I can pretty easily tell which ships were worked on longer than others. Nitpicking aside, this is a very impressive, fun conversion mod and definitely on-par with Republic At War.

July 21, 2013, 05:13:57 AMReply #6

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2013, 05:13:57 AM »
The trick with raid fleets is to go to one of the far corners of the map, the raid fleets come behind you and move towards the enemy base.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

July 21, 2013, 10:22:36 PMReply #7

Offline Redraline_Salkos

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Common sense is not so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2013, 10:22:36 PM »
Yeah, I was able to take Bilbringi without losing any ships because a group of raiders popped in behind me. I moved out of the way and let them die before sending in my forces to mop up. And I've been saved several times by raiders showing up when I was on the defense.
Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another. -
Immanuel Kant

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!