Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Poll

What do you think of this map?

I've played it and would like to see more in the future!
1 (14.3%)
I haven't played it yet, but the more maps the better!
5 (71.4%)
I've played, and I think it's okay.
1 (14.3%)
Incredibly unbalanced, terrible planet choices, and overall just bad.
0 (0%)
Why does it matter? No one plays multiplayer anyway.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: (Old) Multiplayer Campaign Map  (Read 25591 times)

July 19, 2013, 09:24:04 PM

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-5
    • View Profile
(Old) Multiplayer Campaign Map
« on: July 19, 2013, 09:24:04 PM »
ATTENTION: This topic has been moved to http://thrawnsrevenge.com/forums/index.php?topic=4765.0. Any updates can be found there. Anything you want to post here post on the new topic. Thx for all of the support guys  ;)!
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
Hey everyone :) If you want to cut to the chase, skip this paragraph or just read the yellow text before the divider, but if you want to hear my story, keep reading! Anyway, I'm probably among the few TR players who has had the chance to do a multiplayer campaign match with anyone :(, but if you have ever done the multiplayer campaign, you probably know that there is only one campaign map for multiplayer which you can only play as the Remnant or the New Republic. So as you can guess my friend Akira/The Rising Sun and I were very disappointed in this(but really only I was because I actually care). Even though i knew nothing about code I said to her and myself that I could probably turn this map into a map that both of us could play as any of the 4 factions(Sorry Yevetha, the fact that you cannot even build a mine or something like it excludes you from being a real faction, and because various units won't won't shut up when I move them). So I thought to myself how hard could it be right? Well actually it was just about as easy as i thought, and you could say that I learned very basic coding overnight(well not really :'(). So I did multiple tests with this map that i edited and along with that made several of my own maps and also tweaking them.

So after all of that I made an entirely different map which includes all 4 main factions (inspired by Battle of Naboo EaW map) that has been tested and repeatedly tweaked that I hope will get into the next 2.1 Release :).

The forum won't let me attach my file, so if you want to try this map, go to http://www.mediafire.com/?7jecobe5lwxdw41 and download it!

Here are the steps for making the map playable:
1. Download the map XML file from the link(which should download into your "Downloads" folder)
2. Go into your XML folder in your Imperial Civil War folder
((My)Computer>C Drive>Program Files ((x86))>LucasArts>SWEaWFoC>Mods>Imperial Civil War> XML)
3. Take the "Campaigns_Multiplayer.xml" file out and store it somewhere else
4. Replace it with my file(also called "Campaigns_Multiplayer.xml")

Note:Since I don't want to change other files, the map name of the person who joins the game will say "[MISSING]", but it's(not official) name I gave it is "Battle of Talfaglio", which those in the lobby and the host will be able to see.

If you want to play this with me, just leave a comment saying you do want to play and your in-game username 8=)!

I'm a disk player and have both hot-fixes(and use Desura if that matters ;)).

Please comment!! Commenting will GREATLY INCREASE the chances of this map and more to come to be in ICW 2.1! ALSO the more popularity, the more maps I will release!

Depending on whether if 2.1 will have some of my maps, or how long until 2.1 is finished, I may be releasing more maps for the community ;)! If the TR dev team doesn't include my maps, I'll be releasing them on my own for the community 8=)!

If you want me to make a map for you, leave a comment for me with as many details(planets, maps, factions, starting units(and locations of), name you want for the map, ect.)as possible :)(If giving planets, make sure they all connect as in single player GCs. Planets like Coruscant and Mon Calamari CANNOT be connected!)

Also, don't forget to take the poll above!
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
As mandated by Coreyan LaW, This mod is a custom modification and was neither created nor is it supported by the Thrawn's Revenge team. The Thrawn's Revenge team is not responsible for any negative effects from installing these files nor can they be held responsible for fixing any issues which arise from them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:23:05 PM by Blackout »

July 21, 2013, 08:11:29 AMReply #1

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
Re: *NEW* Multiplayer Campaign Map
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 08:11:29 AM »
Awesome must try this out, now I can play with my friends the PA vs IR thanks Blackout :).
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

July 21, 2013, 12:16:20 PMReply #2

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 12:16:20 PM »
Awesome must try this out, now I can play with my friends the PA vs IR thanks Blackout :).
Np! Just be sure as the PA to get Pakrik Minor space and then Capture Byss so you can build capital ships!(Btw, both the space of Pakrik and Byss are both able to be conquered by Grant alone. Also, Byss can be captured using all of your beginning ground forces(which I just think are a few PA troopers, but they still do it!))

PS: DO NOT go for Abregado-Rae or Corellia(also depending on which faction you are, don't go for Duro or Pantolomin either), because these are where the bulk of forces start for each faction, which can be catastrophic for your fleet if you attack in the beginning!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:48:36 PM by Blackout »

July 21, 2013, 10:17:22 PMReply #3

Offline Redraline_Salkos

• Brevet Admiral
  • Common sense is not so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 10:17:22 PM »
Someone let me know how this works out, I'd love to play as the PA in campaign.
Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another. -
Immanuel Kant

July 23, 2013, 12:29:25 PMReply #4

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
Update: More Maps
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 12:29:25 PM »
I'm planning to create 3 more maps atm:

Pride of Yevetha: Map focusing on the Yevetha and their main capital ship, "Pride of Yevetha". Hoping to be able to edit code so one way to win is to Destroy the POY!

Sovereign Showdown: Map focusing on the Imperial Remnant's Sovereign-Class. Hoping to be able to edit code so on way to win is to destroy the Sovereign-Class!

Enclosing Empires: Imperial Faction's planet are all surrounding the New Republic that is stuck in the middle of their conflict(May include Yevetha!)

That's all I have for now 8=)
This post has been moved to the first one.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:51:01 PM by Blackout »

July 23, 2013, 01:39:37 PMReply #5

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
Re: Update: More Maps
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 01:39:37 PM »
I'm planning to create 3 more maps atm:

Pride of Yevetha: Map focusing on the Yevetha and their main capital ship, "Pride of Yevetha". Hoping to be able to edit code so one way to win is to Destroy the POY!(Currently in Progress :))

Sovereign Showdown: Map focusing on the Imperial Remnant's Sovereign-Class. Hoping to be able to edit code so on way to win is to destroy the Sovereign-Class!(No Progress :()

Enclosing Empires: Imperial Faction's planet are all surrounding the New Republic that is stuck in the middle of their conflict(May include Yevetha!)(No Progress :'()

That's all I have for now 8=)

Isn't Story Coding disabled in Multiplayer? Or do they still allow for specific win conditions?

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

July 23, 2013, 01:52:27 PMReply #6

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: Update: More Maps
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 01:52:27 PM »
Isn't Story Coding disabled in Multiplayer? Or do they still allow for specific win conditions?
Victory conditions, for both the human and AI players, are listed in the GC xml entry - although the vanilla multiplayer ones only use Galactic_All_Planets_Controlled.  The conditions that I've found in other single player GCs include:

Galactic_All_Planets_Controlled
Galactic_Opponent_Controls_No_Planets
Galactic_Super_Weapon_Destroys_Last_Enemy_Planet
Galactic_Super_Weapon_Destruction
Galactic_Kill_Enemy_Leader
Galactic_Cycles_Elapsed
Galactic_Control_Named_Planets
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

July 23, 2013, 04:15:35 PMReply #7

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »
Victory conditions, for both the human and AI players, are listed in the GC xml entry - although the vanilla multiplayer ones only use Galactic_All_Planets_Controlled.  The conditions that I've found in other single player GCs include:

Galactic_Cycles_Elapsed
I appreciate the devs' time to look at my topic :)
I just want to ask though, how would it be possible to change code to make it so when a specific unit dies(like the DS in Vanilla EaW), the faction who lost he unit would also lose entirely?

July 23, 2013, 04:43:32 PMReply #8

Offline Redraline_Salkos

• Brevet Admiral
  • Common sense is not so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 04:43:32 PM »
I appreciate the devs' time to look at my topic :)
I just want to ask though, how would it be possible to change code to make it so when a specific unit dies(like the DS in Vanilla EaW), the faction who lost he unit would also lose entirely?
Perhaps by setting it as leader or a super weapon? I have no coding experience though, only guessing.
Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another. -
Immanuel Kant

July 23, 2013, 05:08:24 PMReply #9

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 05:08:24 PM »
I guess it might be possible to set up the Sovereign Class as the IR's leader in code(lol ::))) or as the Super Weapon rather than the DS, but I really only want to change just one file for now for simplicity's sake.

July 23, 2013, 09:46:22 PMReply #10

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 09:46:22 PM »
You've been busy
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

July 24, 2013, 11:35:02 AMReply #11

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 11:35:02 AM »

Galactic_Cycles_Elapsed
Would it be possible, and if so, do you know how to change FoC's files to make the Pride of Yevetha considered as the Super Weapon(Like the Death Star)?

July 24, 2013, 01:58:09 PMReply #12

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 01:58:09 PM »
Would it be possible, and if so, do you know how to change FoC's files to make the Pride of Yevetha considered as the Super Weapon(Like the Death Star)?

If I were you I'd just try using those entries for testing and placing the Pride of Yevethas entry within them.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

July 24, 2013, 03:58:40 PMReply #13

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 03:58:40 PM »
If I were you I'd just try using those entries for testing and placing the Pride of Yevethas entry within them.
Well if you mean by like instead of "Galactic_Super_Weapon_Destruction" I put "Galactic_Pride_of_Yevetha_Destruction", I've tried that but to no avail :(, but I will try "Galactic_Kill_Pride_of_Yevetha":)

July 24, 2013, 04:05:59 PMReply #14

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 04:05:59 PM »
"Galactic_Kill_Pride_of_Yevetha"Smiley

That line won't do anything.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 24, 2013, 04:18:29 PMReply #15

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 04:18:29 PM »
Well if you mean by like instead of "Galactic_Super_Weapon_Destruction" I put "Galactic_Pride_of_Yevetha_Destruction", I've tried that but to no avail :(, but I will try "Galactic_Kill_Pride_of_Yevetha":)

<Galactic_Kill_Enemy_Leader>Pride_of_yevetha</Galactic_Kill_Enemy_Leader> Is what I would try.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:01:40 PM by Kalo »

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

July 24, 2013, 06:22:54 PMReply #16

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 06:22:54 PM »
You can't just make up fields Kalo, that's something you put in a specific field, not a field in itself and you can't just try to make it one. The faction leader is already a thing and that's not a real line. You'd have to set the Pride of Yevetha as the faction leader in the Yevetha's code in Factions.xml and then use the Galactic_Kill_Enemy_Leader in Victory conditions. The game won't read it if you try to make up new XML lines.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:26:15 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 24, 2013, 06:29:25 PMReply #17

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »
ITT : Kalos wrong.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:31:19 PM by Kalo »

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

July 25, 2013, 11:48:04 AMReply #18

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 11:48:04 AM »
You can't just make up fields Kalo, that's something you put in a specific field, not a field in itself and you can't just try to make it one. The faction leader is already a thing and that's not a real line. You'd have to set the Pride of Yevetha as the faction leader in the Yevetha's code in Factions.xml and then use the Galactic_Kill_Enemy_Leader in Victory conditions. The game won't read it if you try to make up new XML lines.
But how would you and your modding wisdom do that? I've looked in their and didn't find anything related to the Yevetha, other than one of the enemies of all of the factions. Would Yevetha be "Hostile" or "Pirate" in their by any chance?

July 25, 2013, 12:06:46 PMReply #19

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-3
  • The weak deserve their fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 12:06:46 PM »
ITT : Kalos wrong.
Isn't that every thread?
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!