Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Modding of the Mod problem  (Read 2751 times)

July 18, 2013, 11:22:12 AM

Offline mwonch

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Modding of the Mod problem
« on: July 18, 2013, 11:22:12 AM »
I've noticed a recent problem.

I like modding games. This one is no exception. Especially this particular Mod (thanks guys!!). I change files, input them into the proper folders, makes sure ALL the necessary support files are also modded...then things get really fun. I usually have zero problems.

Lately, however (say, just the last few days), I change a file, start the game, and it keeps trying to read the changed file in it;s OLD form. Odd.

For example:

I wanted a new multiplayer map. I changed the original Multi map (saved with a new name), added a bunch of new planets, and it worked! My son and I wanted a Tournament map with 3 planets. He owns one, I own another, and the third is in the middle packed with a seemingly impossible to kill fleet and ground troops. I changed the original multi file (again under a different name) to reflect what we wanted. I added the new map xml file to the Campaigns.xml file. it worked! I then went into the new Tournament map, added the fleets and ground troops...and suddenly it wasn't reading the new info. The game kept trying to read the file as if I had no made those fleet and troop changes. No matter what I did, it would not read the new info. I change it back and NOW - - - - - it won't even read the file.

I have noticed this with other XML file changes now. Does anyone know what might be going on?

July 18, 2013, 02:47:47 PMReply #1

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: Modding of the Mod problem
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 02:47:47 PM »
I'd have to see your files, there's a lot you could be doing wrong there.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 18, 2013, 06:49:10 PMReply #2

Offline mwonch

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Modding of the Mod problem
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 06:49:10 PM »
I'd have to see your files, there's a lot you could be doing wrong there.

Ya know, I have never before had a Mod team leader be so involved. That's a GOOD thing! LOL Thank you.

Anyway...

The links below contain CampaignFiles.xml and the wannabe Tournament file:

http://www.4shared.com/office/WHuNLMIX/Campaigns_Tournament1.html

and

http://www.4shared.com/document/RfQ8X7Ne/CampaignFiles.html

Honestly, though - I have another Multi I did in the exact same manner/method and IT works. Just can't figure out why this one won't even show up.

Mike

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!