Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: ugh...my FOC broke...  (Read 4160 times)

July 06, 2013, 11:09:11 AM

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
ugh...my FOC broke...
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:09:11 AM »
So, decided to start the testing, and I haven't used FOC on this pc in a while, keep getting

Anyone know how to fix?

Win7 64-bit.  Installed from gold disc so already 1.1.  MP/Ram patch applied.

People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

July 06, 2013, 01:09:36 PMReply #1

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
Re: ugh...my FOC broke...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 01:09:36 PM »
Going to need more information or I can just brush this off as FoC missing its direct X components. Is any other video game having issues?

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

July 06, 2013, 01:20:25 PMReply #2

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 01:20:25 PM »
Only other game I have is SoSE, which still works fine.  I managed to get it to happen only 1/4 times now by downloading a hacked perceptionfunction file.  Annoying, but can just kill the FOC when it screws up.  However, probably means I won't be able to multiplayer with anyone...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

July 06, 2013, 02:17:55 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 02:17:55 PM »
Have you tried changing compatability settings?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 06, 2013, 02:44:09 PMReply #4

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 02:44:09 PM »
Yeah, I put it to XP sp2, XP sp3, 98, 2K to no avail.  It simply wouldn't use 3d hardware without modifying that file for me anymore.  Now, it RAN...but obviously kinda sluggish since it was a software 3d rendering.

July 06, 2013, 02:46:28 PMReply #5

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-3
  • The weak deserve their fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 02:46:28 PM »
So, decided to start the testing, and I haven't used FOC on this pc in a while, keep getting

Anyone know how to fix?

Win7 64-bit.  Installed from gold disc so already 1.1.  MP/Ram patch applied.

Check Event Viewer and look for swfoc.exe. Mine had a shit ton of errors in it. Error code 1033 or something.
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

July 06, 2013, 02:54:14 PMReply #6

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »
Nada, nothing in event viewer for it whatsoever, not even an "information" entry from where I reinstalled it.

July 06, 2013, 02:57:02 PMReply #7

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 02:57:02 PM »
Nada, nothing in event viewer for it whatsoever, not even an "information" entry from where I reinstalled it.
I just tried a system restore, although that didnt seem to do much. Have you checked EAW and EAWX on your disk to see if any of your data files are corrupted? That seems to be my problem.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:59:15 PM by Crisiss »

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

July 06, 2013, 03:01:24 PMReply #8

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 03:01:24 PM »
Are you having problems launching it at all?  Or like me it'll launch and run fine, but won't load 3d hardware support?

July 06, 2013, 03:04:09 PMReply #9

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »
Are you having problems launching it at all?  Or like me it'll launch and run fine, but won't load 3d hardware support?
I can't launch it at all. I can install it just fine and dandy, but when I run the .exe for either or use the Gold Pack startup, it just loads on desktop and suddenly stops. Check your setupdir files for any anomalies.

EDIT: Okay well I just looked at my DirectX file and that's all corrupted to hell.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:07:08 PM by Crisiss »

July 06, 2013, 03:06:21 PMReply #10

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 03:06:21 PM »
Right click -> Run with graphics processor?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!