Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Ability Demo  (Read 9679 times)

June 19, 2013, 07:47:30 PMReply #20

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Ability Demo
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 07:47:30 PM »
How about making sure it's a last ditch ability, like ONLY usable when HP < 20% or even less than that? That way you get a real shot at dismantling the ISD with weapons before it hits your Mon Cal Cruisers or Ascendancy SDs?
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

June 19, 2013, 08:01:11 PMReply #21

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2013, 08:01:11 PM »
I don't think targetting can work that way, but that's part of the point of making the damage significantly lower than the ISD's health instead of being a huge nuke. The ideal situation is to have it so that its best use case is when the health is low enough that concentrated firepower on it is enough to kill the ship before it hits but high enough to actually be worth using. Basically, if the Remnant player wants to churn them out just to suicide bomb, they can feel free, but they're wasting their resources.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 19, 2013, 09:42:18 PMReply #22

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 09:42:18 PM »
RAMMING SPEED!!!

Today is a GOOD day to die!
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 19, 2013, 09:45:35 PMReply #23

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »
RAMMING SPEED!!!

Today is a GOOD day to die!

I'LL NEVER FAIL.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

June 19, 2013, 09:46:21 PMReply #24

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 09:46:21 PM »
Not enough phase space.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 20, 2013, 08:39:20 PMReply #25

Offline Lavo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 08:39:20 PM »
Well ideally I'd like to fix the no damage issue rather than just make capitals not a valid target. After all, they're the main thing you'd want to ram.
This might be somewhat helpful, a working ramming ability, doesn't have any issues with capital ships. Though I wouldn't be surprised if your ability is set up the same way.

June 20, 2013, 08:48:37 PMReply #26

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 08:48:37 PM »
Looks pretty much the same as what we have, except for a few value changes and the damage type.

June 22, 2013, 02:54:52 PMReply #27

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 02:54:52 PM »
I'LL NEVER FAIL.

*raspy voice*  MOOOOREEEEE ANTIMATTERRRR ISS REQUIREEEEDDD

October 04, 2013, 05:15:09 PMReply #28

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »
Moved for public consumption.

October 05, 2013, 05:49:28 AMReply #29

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 05:49:28 AM »
How come the ISD vanished and then reappeared in the middle of the space-doughnut before kersploding?

Also, how many cases of ramming can people name in the Star Wars universe (deliberate or accidental)? :P I think I've got six (film and EU).

Han using the Katana to ram the Peremptory, Grand Admiral Grunger ramming the Aggressor SSD into Grand Admiral Pitta's torpedo sphere, a Corellian Corvette ramming an ISD II at Endor so Home One could move past it, the A wing ramming the Executor, the Corellian Corvette that crashed into an SSD(I forget the game it was in) the Sun Crusher ramming one of Daala's ISDs in the Maw, Red gauntlet(A VSD under Zsinj) attempted to ram an Interdictor cruiser commanded by Teren Rogriss, The Whelm and Vengeance rammed each other during the Imperial Mutiny(destroying both), the Eclipse II rammed the Galaxy Gun(accidentally)Half the Yevethan Black Fleet at the Battle of N'zoth, I lost count of the frequency of times the Yuuzhan Vong did it(Coruscant, Bilbringi, Fondor, and Zonoma Sekot to name but a few.)

It's apparently such a common tactic that TIE pilots even have a slang name for it, WBD or "We Both Die"
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!