Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Your Preferred Faction  (Read 4187 times)

May 27, 2013, 11:42:27 AM

Offline Waffle Wagon

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
    • View Profile
Your Preferred Faction
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:42:27 AM »
Anyone have a particular faction they enjoy to use more? The Advent have some nifty toys, though they also seem to be entirely composed of 15-year old girls. I find myself playing as the TEC quite often, despite the fact that they have possibly the ugliest ships in the game. I mean, outside of the Kol Battleship they look almost as bad as those New Class abominations. The Marza dreadnought has a face only its engineer could love.

May 27, 2013, 11:57:52 AMReply #1

Offline Lavo

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Your Preferred Faction
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 11:57:52 AM »
Other than the Kol, LRF, and the carriers, the TEC are virtually all civilian ships converted for military use, hence they look ugly as balls.

May 27, 2013, 01:39:50 PMReply #2

Offline Waffle Wagon

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 01:39:50 PM »
Hmm, I didn't know that. Too bad the NR doesn't have the same excuse!
Most of my judgements were purely from a aesthetic point of view because I have yet to identify specific playstyles for these factions. The TEC seem to have an economic focus which I like, so far I've been able to make the most progress with them.

I'm beginning to see why the mod team prefers this to EAW, there's quite bit more depth to Sins. I really enjoy having multiple battles at the same time, gives a much more, er, galactic feel.

May 27, 2013, 04:16:43 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 04:16:43 PM »
I usually play as TEC Rebels since I can rush the pirate alliance tech thing, which I've done every since Kalo and some other people have basically just started piling bounty on me as early as possible. The snipe ability on the titan feels pretty cool, but everyone in that faction seems to be confused about what they're doing. "Uhh... Commander? Am I on a ship commander?"

Really though, every faction has their own severely anti-fun elements to exploit, whether it's the Vasari phase gating into your backyard with no recourse for you, the TEC Rebels spamming pirates to kill envoy vessels you wanted there in the first place or spamming Novaliths to wipe out planets faster than you can do anything.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 27, 2013, 09:42:22 PMReply #4

Offline Waffle Wagon

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 09:42:22 PM »
Yeah, pirates... I tried playing with that feature turned on, it didn't go to well. The pirates in this game by the way are completely absurd. Just... gah. This 'pirate alliance tech' sounds incredibly useful though, I don't think I've been paying as much attention to the tech tree as I should.

May 27, 2013, 10:15:00 PMReply #5

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
Advent. But the early tactic that the TEC has with their Corsevs is pretty goofy and makes me want to play them more.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!