Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: A Breakthrough (and some help needed)  (Read 3403 times)

February 27, 2013, 09:15:57 PM

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
A Breakthrough (and some help needed)
« on: February 27, 2013, 09:15:57 PM »
Well, I have once again returned to the Tech Support forum. In the past, some of you may remember that I was having/still am having a problem downloading the mod and thus I have yet to actually play ICW. The problem lies somewhere in the fact that my computer (a Mac) refused to download more than a few kilobytes. After about 4 kilobytes were downloaded, the computer would say the download was complete and end the download. I tried everything: from downloading it from all the different upload sites to trying to download it directly onto the Windows partition on the Mac, instead of downloading it onto the Mac and transferring it to the Windows partition; still no progress. With my inability to play this mod and my unwillingness to play the vanilla game anymore, I was forced to search for other mods to try. I turned to RaW only to have the same result.

After some time I have returned with a breakthrough as to why it would not download. Having tried (with varying success) to download other mods, I have discovered the following: Downloading mods that are either .rar or .exe have always failed; however, .zip files will always successfully download. As your mod is in the first two forms (either .exe or .rar) it will not download.

Now that I know what the problem is, how can I fix it?
If I cannot fix it, is there any way the mod team could make a .zip version? I have been an admirer of this mod for some time and am truly saddened that I cannot download and play it.

Either way, I thank you for the incredible mod you have created and for the help you have already given me in the past.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

February 27, 2013, 09:23:45 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: A Breakthrough (and some help needed)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 09:23:45 PM »
Do you have some weirdo extraction tool installed?  If not, have you tried multiple browsers within the same OS?
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

February 27, 2013, 09:45:01 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 09:45:01 PM »
I can try to upload a zip to dropbox
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 28, 2013, 12:58:30 PMReply #3

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 12:58:30 PM »
Isn't the version of 2.0 on ModDB a .zip archive?  All the previous releases were .rar, but for some reason Corey went with a .zip for 2.0.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

February 28, 2013, 10:26:38 PMReply #4

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 10:26:38 PM »
Isn't the version of 2.0 on ModDB a .zip archive?  All the previous releases were .rar, but for some reason Corey went with a .zip for 2.0.

I'll check again soon, and let you know.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

March 03, 2013, 06:24:33 PMReply #5

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »
Well whaddya know, it is a zip file. Somehow, whenever I tried to download it from ModDB it took me to the exe file. I'll try to download it this week and see. However, what about the hotfixes?

EDIT: Hooray! The file will download! That still leaves the question though about the hotfixes. Did I miss a zip version of those too, or is there none?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:21:32 PM by revanchist »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

March 06, 2013, 10:21:10 PMReply #6

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 10:21:10 PM »
Alright, with a little ingenuity and the power of Dropbox on my side, I have finally installed ICW 2.0 on the computer and played through the Tutorial. It is even better than I expected. Just as long as you make a zip version of 2.1 I will be a very happy camper and might even be able to Beta Test if you made zips of the beta versions (and it's not during the summer).
Thank you for this terrific mod.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!