Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Thrawn's Revenge: The Clone Wars  (Read 8119 times)

January 25, 2013, 07:30:23 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Thrawn's Revenge: The Clone Wars
« on: January 25, 2013, 07:30:23 PM »
This has come up several times in the past few weeks for some reason, but it's not happening. Here's why (taken from a PM exchange I had with somebody on Mod Database suggesting we add them into ICW):

That wouldn't make sense. The CIS and Republic didnt each turn into the Empire and Rebellion, so it wouldn't be possible to do it within one GC and have it make sense; too much changed, and for another thing we don't cover the Galactic Civil war to begin with. Also, the factions would always be called the same thing regardless of what era it is, so if we did include the Clone Wars stuff it'd have to be in its own GCs with its own factions. Considering that factions beyond the first 3 can't have their own story scripting and the mod is already 4 gigs, if there's no place where the CW content is being mixed with the original content, it would be most efficient if it were done as two seperate mods since the file size would be smaller, the factions would function better and no content would be lost.

But again, we have no interest in making another mod for EaW, and whether its done seperately or just tacked on to ICW as you suggest, that doesn't change the fact that its still a good 60-80 additional units plus everything else we'd need to do. It's years of work to add a time period we can't stand into a game we've already spent 7 years modding.

The bottom line is the team hates the Clone Wars. See my sig for details.

We're so damn professional, I know.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 25, 2013, 08:38:53 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Thrawn's Revenge: The Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:38:53 PM »
So, in 6 months you'll be announcing a Clone Wars mod then I take it?  :)
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 25, 2013, 08:42:18 PMReply #2

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 08:42:18 PM »
Is this second place to giving a SSD to the EotH?  There should be a list of items to leave off when signing up for the forums /kidding/

Hey, maybe the new SW movies will end the fascination with the clone wars.  Unfortunately an entire generation has already been brought up with them.
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

January 26, 2013, 12:51:21 AMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 12:51:21 AM »
?  There should be a list of items to leave off when signing up for the forums /kidding/

1. Anything I can answer with "that was in hotfix x"/"install the ram fix"/"read the manual"
2. Clone Wars
3. EotH SSD
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 26, 2013, 06:57:07 AMReply #4

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 06:57:07 AM »
You should also include "When is version XX coming out?"
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

January 26, 2013, 07:15:30 AMReply #5

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 07:15:30 AM »
The bottom line is the team hates the Clone Wars. See my sig for details.
Phew.  For a moment I thought Zer had gotten to it! :P
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

January 26, 2013, 03:51:22 PMReply #6

Offline Enceladus

• Assistant Canadian
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +33/-11
  • Did I mention GROUNDBREAKING?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 03:51:22 PM »
I should probably switch out my FOTR sig at some point.

~Thrawn's Revenge Staff~

January 26, 2013, 11:06:38 PMReply #7

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 11:06:38 PM »
Maybe get around to fixing "Thrawn\'s" as well.

January 27, 2013, 12:02:00 PMReply #8

Offline Enceladus

• Assistant Canadian
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +33/-11
  • Did I mention GROUNDBREAKING?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
But but but but but but but...

~Thrawn's Revenge Staff~

January 27, 2013, 08:56:16 PMReply #9

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »
lol
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

February 05, 2013, 02:11:45 AMReply #10

Offline Raijin

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 02:11:45 AM »
Sounds just fine to me the Clone Wars is not what something I wish to see.

One thing I would love to see though is maybe redoing a backstory on everything right as soon as the Empire has risen and the Rebels are born. Bring back some of the old faces or famous battles that tell the story after all since the Empire has came into being their is at least 20 years almost of interesting amazing battles to be fought. Lets face it you guys have done a much better job then the old game designers ever did and certainly more dedicated. :)

I personally would love to fight through and crush some early roots of rebellion springing up in the Golden Age of the Empire, the Imperial leader as per history would still be killed and the era could still progress or a combination of objectives during this time could be completed with the ultimate ending to the next obviously be Endor. Any thoughts?
"Today, I will be reborn?like the Empire, whose incarnation I have conceived and incubated. Today I will bring forth? the Empire Reborn."
―Lord Hethrir, launching the Empire Reborn

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!