Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.1 and You  (Read 96771 times)

June 22, 2013, 09:07:45 PMReply #140

Offline I_Jedi

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 2.1 and You
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »
I've got a situation you may want to look into for the PA in general. I've played through the campaign(Art of War) a few times to figure out how and why certain peculiar problems occur. This is for ICW 2.0 Hotfix 2.

First I started out as the PA and sent my SSD to Nirauan and blew up nearly all the heros, causing the EotH's AI to stop working. After capturing the planet with a zerg rush, EotH never attacked anyone throughout the rest of the campaign. In one branch of gameplay, I continued my attacks against the EotH and took all their planets. After this, I noticed some peculiar behavior with the EotH. They still had a non-zero economy, and when Palpatine shows up/Thrawn is defeated, the game crashes. I determined this to be due to EotH ships escaping the final planet to Byss. The Emperor would not be allowed to spawn due to the EotH ships in the way.

I then decided to allow one EotH planet to not be conquered by anyone. After getting to the Palpatine section, I had no difficulties. I then took the last EotH planet. After the Emperor died, I crashed. I then reloaded and allowed the planet to not get conquered and the game did not crash.

In addition, I noticed that Kaine dissapears when Daala shows up. Not sure if this is a feature or not.

The problem with factions being destroyed  could be more widespread than Art of War. Due to this being potentially game-breaking to some players, this could be worth looking into.

June 22, 2013, 09:44:50 PMReply #141

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2013, 09:44:50 PM »
I noticed the Kaine dissappearing at the start of Era 4 also.  In the closing segments of Essence of war currently, trying to avoid finishing off the IR until the game is over (I control 26 of the 50 with all 3 factions still alive, so it's all but over already, but still)
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 23, 2013, 03:44:43 AMReply #142

Offline Fuwious

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-1
  • I cannot leave the Empire in the hands of fools
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2013, 03:44:43 AM »
I noticed the Kaine dissappearing at the start of Era 4 also.  In the closing segments of Essence of war currently, trying to avoid finishing off the IR until the game is over (I control 26 of the 50 with all 3 factions still alive, so it's all but over already, but still)
I thought Kaine disappears because he died during Operation:Shadow Hand?

June 23, 2013, 03:33:45 PMReply #143

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-3
  • The weak deserve their fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2013, 03:33:45 PM »
I thought Kaine disappears because he died during Operation:Shadow Hand?

Yeah the NR blew up his shuttle.
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

June 23, 2013, 04:15:57 PMReply #144

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2013, 04:15:57 PM »
I've got a situation you may want to look into for the PA in general. I've played through the campaign(Art of War) a few times to figure out how and why certain peculiar problems occur. This is for ICW 2.0 Hotfix 2.

First I started out as the PA and sent my SSD to Nirauan and blew up nearly all the heros, causing the EotH's AI to stop working. After capturing the planet with a zerg rush, EotH never attacked anyone throughout the rest of the campaign. In one branch of gameplay, I continued my attacks against the EotH and took all their planets. After this, I noticed some peculiar behavior with the EotH. They still had a non-zero economy, and when Palpatine shows up/Thrawn is defeated, the game crashes. I determined this to be due to EotH ships escaping the final planet to Byss. The Emperor would not be allowed to spawn due to the EotH ships in the way.

I then decided to allow one EotH planet to not be conquered by anyone. After getting to the Palpatine section, I had no difficulties. I then took the last EotH planet. After the Emperor died, I crashed. I then reloaded and allowed the planet to not get conquered and the game did not crash.

In addition, I noticed that Kaine dissapears when Daala shows up. Not sure if this is a feature or not.

The problem with factions being destroyed  could be more widespread than Art of War. Due to this being potentially game-breaking to some players, this could be worth looking into.

We've had a few reports that destroying a faction caused the next era change to crash. I'll see what happens if Byss and the Maw aren't locked.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 23, 2013, 05:29:17 PMReply #145

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2013, 05:29:17 PM »
Yeah the NR blew up his shuttle.

Rebel terrorist scum killing such a noble man in such a cowardly fashion
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

June 23, 2013, 08:46:26 PMReply #146

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2013, 08:46:26 PM »
Yeah, but in the mod, he doesn't rejoin the Emperor, so he shouldn't dissappear, since he's one of only 3 heros the PA have.  I just hit era 4 sadly, so have had to stop playing, as it's just no fun with only 1 heroe left.  Either that, or all PA heroes should respawn each era in which case if you lose someone you at least get them back at the start of Era4 to make up for Kaine leaving.  If it stays this way, you should also remove the speech by Kaine at the start of Era4, since he can't hardly be giving a soliloquy if he's dead.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

June 23, 2013, 08:54:57 PMReply #147

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2013, 08:54:57 PM »
We don't remove people because they died in a canon battle because canon battles don't happen in the mod (there's no Battle of Bilbringi unless you have a Battle of Bilbringi). And because of the PA's existance in AoW the Remnant doesn't even get Kaine, he stays with the PA.

If he is getting removed it might be because of a holdover script from when the Remnant had him and it's somehow affecting the PA. I'll check.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

June 23, 2013, 10:25:11 PMReply #148

Offline Fuwious

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-1
  • I cannot leave the Empire in the hands of fools
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »
We don't remove people because they died in a canon battle because canon battles don't happen in the mod (there's no Battle of Bilbringi unless you have a Battle of Bilbringi). And because of the PA's existance in AoW the Remnant doesn't even get Kaine, he stays with the PA.

If he is getting removed it might be because of a holdover script from when the Remnant had him and it's somehow affecting the PA. I'll check.
fair enough

June 24, 2013, 01:03:20 AMReply #149

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 24, 2013, 01:03:20 AM »
Who was left in charge of the PA after Shadow Hand anyway? I know it was absorbed by Pellaeon's Remnant but that was a few years after Shadow Hand ended. Did it have any part of the Crimson Empire?

June 24, 2013, 06:44:34 PMReply #150

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2013, 06:44:34 PM »
Updated. I think once we have the PA FTGU done I'll be posting the beta.

June 24, 2013, 07:14:26 PMReply #151

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2013, 07:14:26 PM »
Who was left in charge of the PA after Shadow Hand anyway? I know it was absorbed by Pellaeon's Remnant but that was a few years after Shadow Hand ended. Did it have any part of the Crimson Empire?

I'm not certain, but I don't believe it had anything to do with Crimson Empire.

June 24, 2013, 08:00:25 PMReply #152

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2013, 08:00:25 PM »
Updated. I think once we have the PA FTGU done I'll be posting the beta.

Why was the Recusant changed to the Providence? (not that I'm complaining)
How do I even

June 24, 2013, 08:12:23 PMReply #153

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2013, 08:12:23 PM »
The Recusant's model and skin were trash, the Providence's weren't.

June 24, 2013, 10:04:02 PMReply #154

Offline Waffle Wagon

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2013, 10:04:02 PM »
Nice, I always have thought the Providence was one of the better looking PT ships. There's something definitely nautical about its design, it reminds me of a submarine.

June 25, 2013, 09:45:39 PMReply #155

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2013, 09:45:39 PM »
Nice, I always have thought the Providence was one of the better looking PT ships. There's something definitely nautical about its design, it reminds me of a submarine.
Probably because it was originally a Mon Calamari design, as was the Rescusant. Supposedly the Quarren Seperatists stole the plans for them and gave it to the CIS. Not exactly sure how that would end up in the PA fleet but whatever, I love the Providence. Destroyer/Carriers any day of the week. If I may ask a question to the mod team, how will the Providence be handled? Just a less powerful Star Destroyer or what? The PA has 2 practically dedicated carriers in it's arsenal, a 3rd would just be a Venator copy/paste. They both served the same exact role in the CW, so I would just like it to be 'refitted' with a shitload of guns. Kind of like an old ass Tector. Either that or a straight forward support ship (anti-fighter lasers, and turbolasers and ion cannons) would be ideal. Maybe even mass drivers as the Providence class was equipped with them? Probably a bit late in development to say this but whatever. Just my personal opinion.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:53:49 PM by Crisiss »

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

June 25, 2013, 10:54:00 PMReply #156

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Interesting concept

June 26, 2013, 10:31:59 PMReply #157

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2013, 10:31:59 PM »
The Recusant's model and skin were trash, the Providence's weren't.

Fair enough, though what kind of role can be expected of it? Since it was a bit more powerful than the Recusant (assuming you are going with the destroyer version of the Providence) where will it lie in power relative to the other ships of the PA?
How do I even

June 27, 2013, 12:53:29 AMReply #158

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2013, 12:53:29 AM »
Fair enough, though what kind of role can be expected of it? Since it was a bit more powerful than the Recusant (assuming you are going with the destroyer version of the Providence) where will it lie in power relative to the other ships of the PA?
There weren't really different models of Providences. They were all Carrier/Destroyer hybrids, much like the Venator SD. Any modifications were normally done by the factions themselves so there wouldn't really be a 'destroyer version' so to speak. Rebel One was modded, the Invisible Hand was modded, there weren't a whole lot of people who saw it to be so ineffective that it needed alterations.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:52:05 AM by Crisiss »

June 27, 2013, 08:45:30 AMReply #159

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2013, 08:45:30 AM »
There weren't really different models of Providences. They were all Carrier/Destroyer hybrids, much like the Venator SD. Any modifications were normally done by the factions themselves so there wouldn't really be a 'destroyer version' so to speak. Rebel One was modded, the Invisible Hand was modded, there weren't a whole lot of people who saw it to be so ineffective that it needed alterations.

I was speaking to this (from the "modularr components section" of the wiki):
"Providence-class ships featured modular compartments which made the vessels very easy to modify. This made it possible to easily upgrade the propulsion systems or weaponry of a given ship, as well as making it possible to convert the ships into starfighter carriers, or other variations. The Invisible Hand was one example of a heavily modified Providence-class ship"
How do I even

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!