Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.1 and You  (Read 96759 times)

May 06, 2013, 10:08:24 PMReply #80

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: 2.1 and You
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2013, 10:08:24 PM »
It was considered, but we didn't want to overload with CIS units and we already had the Muni, Lucrehulk and Recusant, all of which make more sense.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 06, 2013, 10:45:55 PMReply #81

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2013, 10:45:55 PM »
Indeed, also, in regards to the Gladiator, I'm assuming that means the Star Destroyer, not the walker?
How do I even

May 06, 2013, 11:07:37 PMReply #82

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2013, 11:07:37 PM »
It does.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 08, 2013, 05:10:38 PMReply #83

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2013, 05:10:38 PM »
So, looking at the canon armaments of the IRD and the V-19, it mentioned that they have 2 blaster cannons (not laser cannons). Will these be represented differently in the game than standard fighters that have laser cannons?

EDIT: also, will the Gladiator be given proton torpedoes or concussion missiles.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:17:09 PM by revanchist »
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 10, 2013, 04:35:21 PMReply #84

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-3
  • The weak deserve their fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2013, 04:35:21 PM »
It saddens me concussion missiles never get any love :( would be ecstatic to see some of these babies in there: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_concussion_missile
They would definitely make the Victory I worth it's price and not just skipping it for the II.
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

May 10, 2013, 06:38:44 PMReply #85

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2013, 06:38:44 PM »
Will you be giving any heroes special abilities?

I've got one, why not give Thrawn Tarkin's fleet effectiveness power?

May 10, 2013, 06:53:42 PMReply #86

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2013, 06:53:42 PM »
So, looking at the canon armaments of the IRD and the V-19, it mentioned that they have 2 blaster cannons (not laser cannons). Will these be represented differently in the game than standard fighters that have laser cannons?

No, the difference between blasters and lasers is that they can be set to different levels of power (which is irrelevant) and were usually moderately less powerful than lasers of the same size. It's a pointless distinction for anything other than labelling for our purposes.

EDIT: also, will the Gladiator be given proton torpedoes or concussion missiles.
Concussion.

It saddens me concussion missiles never get any love :( would be ecstatic to see some of these babies in there: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_concussion_missile
They would definitely make the Victory I worth it's price and not just skipping it for the II.

The VSDI concs are already effective as it is. If one volley destroyed a capital ship that would be severely overpowered.

Will you be giving any heroes special abilities?

I've got one, why not give Thrawn Tarkin's fleet effectiveness power?

We already put special abilities where they make sense. EaW's abilities are a combination of unmoddable and very specific, making most of them useless. Thrawn already does have a combat bonus, all space commanders do. The values are in the manual.

May 10, 2013, 09:26:09 PMReply #87

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
Honestly I found the VSD-1 more effective than the VSD-II because it provides a much wider weapons. If I would want to have a bunch of turbolasers I would build ISD not VSD-II, besides the VSD-I it's very effective agains Han Solo and other heroes with small ships because the concussion missiles are very precise and can deal a lot of damage
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

May 11, 2013, 12:30:59 AMReply #88

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2013, 12:30:59 AM »
I like VSD-Is as a nice departure from standard weaponry most starships have. I tend to use them as a nice all-around damage dealer, as the concs can do a very good amount of damage against most all ships. Generally I pair each VSD-I to a VSD-II. They work pretty well together. The main thing I like about VSD-IIs is the ion cannons and Power to Weapons. If VSD-Is had PTW, I don't think I would buy any VSD-IIs
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 11, 2013, 01:38:20 AMReply #89

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2013, 01:38:20 AM »
This argument about the VSD Mk1 vs the Mk2 overlooks the HUGE difference in speed and maneuverability between the two ship classes. A VSD Mk2 carries almost as much firepower as an ISD, but you can move them and use them to flank much better. Yes the conc missiles of a Mk1 might be useful at first, before you get sufficient lancer frigates, but a VSD Mk1 cannot maneuver at all, it pretty much has the same speed and maneuverability as an ISD. Try using your VSD Mk2's in combination with strike frigates as a flanking force, or as a high DPS force that can enter a fight, get off several volleys, then keep  moving beyond the enemy fleet range, maybe to get behind them.
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

May 11, 2013, 05:16:58 PMReply #90

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2013, 05:16:58 PM »
This argument about the VSD Mk1 vs the Mk2 overlooks the HUGE difference in speed and maneuverability between the two ship classes. A VSD Mk2 carries almost as much firepower as an ISD, but you can move them and use them to flank much better. Yes the conc missiles of a Mk1 might be useful at first, before you get sufficient lancer frigates, but a VSD Mk1 cannot maneuver at all, it pretty much has the same speed and maneuverability as an ISD. Try using your VSD Mk2's in combination with strike frigates as a flanking force, or as a high DPS force that can enter a fight, get off several volleys, then keep  moving beyond the enemy fleet range, maybe to get behind them.

Which is why I use them as more stationary support than mobile firepower. And yes, VSD 2's and Strike Cruisers make a pretty deadly combo, I must agree.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 26, 2013, 11:25:39 PMReply #91

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2013, 11:25:39 PM »
A thought for the PA. They are unable to construct any of the ship/vehicle upgrades like their counterparts do. Perhaps they could be given a structure like a Research Center that would allow the upgrades to be built on the Galactic scale, rather than on the individual planet basis.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 27, 2013, 01:45:53 AMReply #92

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2013, 01:45:53 AM »
I dare say that would give them an unfair advantage, unless made prohibitively expensive...
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 27, 2013, 02:53:56 AMReply #93

Offline Crisiss

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-3
  • The weak deserve their fate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2013, 02:53:56 AM »
I don't think the PA was much into research and development. They mostly just maintained what they owned. Although, just upgrades for corporations and their ships would be pretty cool, i.e: +25% armor due to reinforced durasteel or something. Some upgrades would be interesting, since not every single ship of the line is a carbon copy of each other.
"Honor is a fool's prize. Glory is of no use to the dead." - Revan

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." - Winston Churchill

"Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

"We have drones and satellites and missiles that can pick a mosquito off a target's nose from three thousand miles away. Why do we have these things? Because the military gets an obscene budget every year and they spend it finding the best possible way to kill every living thing they can fit in a blast radius."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -General George S. Patton

May 27, 2013, 10:13:26 PMReply #94

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2013, 10:13:26 PM »

-Added upgrades for EotH
-Removed ptw on Nebula and increased cost

Fixed, Pending Further Testing:
-Art of War Crash upon Era Change
-Art of War Crash on quit as Remnant

Redone Models and Skins:
-MTC
-Dreadnaught

New Units:
-Lucrehulk (PA)
-Gladiator (PA)
-Recusant (PA)
-Visvia (EotH)
-Frigate (EotH)
-Probe Droid (PA)

New Features:
-Survival Mode (New Republic)

New GCs:
-Imperial Civil War

To Be Done:
-General bug fixes/balance changes.
-Tactical upgrades for PA

Nothing is really finalized,  so please feel free to continue posting suggestions and balance/bug issues on the forums as we go. There'sa bunch of stuff that's been brought up and suggested which we do intend to do, but haven't had time to do yet.

Thanks, Corey! It's great to see feedback being considered :D

May 27, 2013, 10:24:59 PMReply #95

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2013, 10:24:59 PM »
The upgrades in particular have been requested for a while, I'm just lazy and doing them made me want to kill myself in the most painful way possible.

May 27, 2013, 10:28:07 PMReply #96

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2013, 10:28:07 PM »
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

May 27, 2013, 11:30:45 PMReply #97

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2013, 11:30:45 PM »
The upgrades in particular have been requested for a while, I'm just lazy and doing them made me want to kill myself in the most painful way possible.

I'd think if I were going to kill myself I'd prefer to do it in a non-painful way.  But hey, you know, whatever floats your boat.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 28, 2013, 12:35:46 AMReply #98

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2013, 12:35:46 AM »

Come on Corey, it's not like we're asking you to add an SSD to the EotH or adding X useless/redundant/dumb unit to Y faction/side....or you know...asking for another video of you playing survival mode...
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

May 28, 2013, 12:47:40 AMReply #99

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2013, 12:47:40 AM »
Come on Corey, it's not like we're asking you to add an SSD to the EotH or adding X useless/redundant/dumb unit to Y faction/side....or you know...asking for another video of you playing survival mode...

Though that would be hilarious.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!