Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.1 and You  (Read 96754 times)

March 25, 2013, 08:30:04 PMReply #60

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: 2.1 and You
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »
The problem with that is the game can't use story scripts in multiplayer, so it's not possible to make a progressive GC. The game just won't use them. We can't even make GCs in the later eras for it because we can't lock out the earlier units and the build bars would overflow.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 26, 2013, 08:08:49 PMReply #61

Offline Rogue-17

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »
Would there be any way to have a multiplayer GC that had ALL the units available or atleast all the factions to play from?  Something that really disappoints me is that some  of the units in the later eras i cant use playing with friends. Or cant even play them at all if the belong to a certain faction.

March 30, 2013, 12:45:16 AMReply #62

Offline rumiks

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2013, 12:45:16 AM »
just please use old as well as new gc s that and give eoth a land based or space baced super wepon and i am so happy
football (real one) meat pies kangeroos and holden cars i  got qq it is 2320886763@qq.com

March 30, 2013, 12:49:41 AMReply #63

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2013, 12:49:41 AM »
Why would EoTH have a superweapon.  As has been discussed multiple times, Thrawn didn't believe in superweapons, and so the EoTH will never have one.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 30, 2013, 11:26:12 AMReply #64

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »
just please use old as well as new gc s that and give eoth a land based or space baced super wepon and i am so happy

I think what he means is something like the Ion Cannon or the HVG, not an actual superweapon.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

March 30, 2013, 05:24:09 PMReply #65

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2013, 05:24:09 PM »
I think a good addition is a multiplayer GC that allows you to go through the eras. Or even just make "The art of war" a multiplayer GC. Having only the thrawn campaign as the only option gets old fast. Personally i find that GC the best because every aspect of the mod is in it basically. playing one era at a time is alright, but being able to play through all and watch your own multiplayer choices affect the GC eras would be a lot of fun.
Another point is depending on the era different sides have a much bigger adv. mainly b/c they may have a SSD. But if you had all eras in one multiplayer GC its more fair and you will have times of power and in turn so will your opponent.

The way we do Eras is through story scripting in the XML files. Those are disabled in Multiplayer, making MP Era progression impossible sadly. And I'm pretty sure AI is always disabled.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

March 30, 2013, 08:48:51 PMReply #66

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2013, 08:48:51 PM »
I think what he means is something like the Ion Cannon or the HVG, not an actual superweapon.

Oh, that would be much more logical addition.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

March 31, 2013, 12:03:21 PMReply #67

Offline Rogue-17

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2013, 12:03:21 PM »
The way we do Eras is through story scripting in the XML files. Those are disabled in Multiplayer, making MP Era progression impossible sadly. And I'm pretty sure AI is always disabled.

I know you did away with the whole technology advancement but could you bring it back and then be able to progress through? just an idea idk if it would work, im not a moder, i just wish there was some way to bring EVERYTHING this mod has to offer into one multiplayer experience. Because then you have a flawless product (besides normal mod bugs)

March 31, 2013, 03:28:09 PMReply #68

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2013, 03:28:09 PM »
No, because again, there's no way to stop the earlier stuff from being available. The build bar would just overflow, and there's no mechanism for  the original tech advancement anymore. Adding one in would break the era system. If it were just about having all the units in one GC for multiplayer, then we could just set it to era 5 to start, but again, there's too many units. They wouldn't fit on the build bar, at least half wouldn't be accessible and there would be a lot of redundancies. If it were done in a way that you still go through all 5 eras by buying some upgrade like the Empire did in the base game, you're still just going through the eras as they are, except without the necessary stuff to make it make sense and with nothing to remove the previous era's units. We can't make it so unit x is tech level 1 in multiplayer but tech level 5 in Singleplayer.

Here's what you can't do without story scripting that's relevant to the era system:
-You can't make any new heroes spawn after the game has started, they have to be starting units.
-You can't make the game progress tech levels upon hero death
-You can't remove access to any units
-You can't tie tech level of one faction to another

We already had to do a LOT of reorganization to even make having multiplayer GCs set in the earlier eras a possibility. The farthest we could go is one set in era 3 before necessary units *have* to start getting forced off the build bar by the game, but then you've still got the IR having access to both Sovereigns and the Executor and some other balance issues.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:36:24 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 01, 2013, 02:48:47 AMReply #69

Offline rumiks

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2013, 02:48:47 AM »
No, because again, there's no way to stop the earlier stuff from being available. The build bar would just overflow, and there's no mechanism for  the original tech advancement anymore. Adding one in would break the era system. If it were just about having all the units in one GC for multiplayer, then we could just set it to era 5 to start, but again, there's too many units. They wouldn't fit on the build bar, at least half wouldn't be accessible and there would be a lot of redundancies. If it were done in a way that you still go through all 5 eras by buying some upgrade like the Empire did in the base game, you're still just going through the eras as they are, except without the necessary stuff to make it make sense and with nothing to remove the previous era's units. We can't make it so unit x is tech level 1 in multiplayer but tech level 5 in Singleplayer.

Here's what you can't do without story scripting that's relevant to the era system:
-You can't make any new heroes spawn after the game has started, they have to be starting units.
-You can't make the game progress tech levels upon hero death
-You can't remove access to any units
-You can't tie tech level of one faction to another

We already had to do a LOT of reorganization to even make having multiplayer GCs set in the earlier eras a possibility. The farthest we could go is one set in era 3 before necessary units *have* to start getting forced off the build bar by the game, but then you've still got the IR having access to both Sovereigns and the Executor and some other balance issues.
does that mean cammas crisis is out then?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:55:22 AM by rumiks »
football (real one) meat pies kangeroos and holden cars i  got qq it is 2320886763@qq.com

April 01, 2013, 02:49:58 AMReply #70

Offline rumiks

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2013, 02:49:58 AM »
Why would EoTH have a superweapon.  As has been discussed multiple times, Thrawn didn't believe in superweapons, and so the EoTH will never have one.
ion cannon hyper velorcity gun eoth !!!!!! is what i am asking for

April 28, 2013, 09:40:03 AMReply #71

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2013, 09:40:03 AM »
Put the full list of unit additions into the appropriate section, although that part of it therefore no longer acts as an accurate indicator of progress.

April 28, 2013, 02:25:37 PMReply #72

Offline Chimera2010

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2013, 02:25:37 PM »
Is it possible in the final version to have Zsinj and his faction included in the empires at war campaign?

April 28, 2013, 04:40:54 PMReply #73

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-14
  • I'm not saying anything...Crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
Is it possible in the final version to have Zsinj and his faction included in the empires at war campaign?
i would love that however the answer is probably no for the reason that he is identacle to isard Except smaller.

April 28, 2013, 05:27:28 PMReply #74

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »
Zsinj is already there. The Warlords in that GC are his faction, he's even there in Iron Fist already.

April 28, 2013, 05:40:34 PMReply #75

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »
Zsinj is already there. The Warlords in that GC are his faction, he's even there in Iron Fist already.

I think they meant as a playable faction like the PA, EotH and IR.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 05, 2013, 04:19:35 PMReply #76

Offline Chimera2010

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2013, 04:19:35 PM »

Yeah I meant as a playable faction. It would be fun to have an all out battle royale.

May 05, 2013, 04:26:06 PMReply #77

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »
Yeah that's really not worth it. We'd have to code in a whole new faction which is kind of tedious.

May 05, 2013, 05:48:47 PMReply #78

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2013, 05:48:47 PM »
Probly more relevant here:

Sorry, can't remember if anyone has already confirmed this, but are probe droids being added to the PA in 2.1?

May 06, 2013, 08:56:18 PMReply #79

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2013, 08:56:18 PM »
I was curious about the team's feelings towards adding in Providence for the PA? It doesn't say it was used by the CSA, but the design was by one of the CSA companies. I also can't think of much of a role for it other than "hey look another ship!" But I am still curious about it nonetheless.
How do I even

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!