Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.1 and You  (Read 96768 times)

January 20, 2013, 06:13:58 PMReply #20

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Re: 2.1 and You
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 06:13:58 PM »
It's all going to be Lancers.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 20, 2013, 07:42:40 PMReply #21

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 07:42:40 PM »
Well if you are playing as the NR you are going to be in troubles then :P
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

January 20, 2013, 09:50:16 PMReply #22

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 09:50:16 PM »
It's all going to be Lancers.

The only way to tell the difference between levels is the color of the Lancer, like any cheap survival game.  Boss fight is a single Lancer with eclipse superlaser.  you need to chase it down or die.
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

January 20, 2013, 10:02:05 PMReply #23

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 10:02:05 PM »
The only way to tell the difference between levels is the color of the Lancer, like any cheap survival game.  Boss fight is a single Lancer with eclipse superlaser.  you need to chase it down or die.

And with a ultra fast recharga time :P

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

January 23, 2013, 10:03:15 PMReply #24

Offline Lord_jacob

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 10:03:15 PM »
cant wait until 2.1 comes out

January 24, 2013, 03:51:22 PMReply #25

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 03:51:22 PM »
When will that be out?
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

January 24, 2013, 10:33:02 PMReply #26

Offline Enceladus

• Assistant Canadian
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +33/-11
  • Did I mention GROUNDBREAKING?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 10:33:02 PM »
When it's done and tested.

~Thrawn's Revenge Staff~

January 24, 2013, 11:45:03 PMReply #27

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 11:45:03 PM »
We've had an accidental release cadence of about one release per 6 months in the past that looks a bit like this:

1.0 Sept 2nd 2010
1.1 Jan 4th 2011 (Scheduled release; beta was put out in December but never did the full release because I had some IRL issues)
1.2 June 17th 2011 (Benefitted from being a 1.1 rework)
1.3 Jan 29th 2012
2.0 August 24th 2012

Obviously what this means, considering the previous odd-numbered releases were all in January is that we're releasing in the next week.

Yeah, I'm full of shit. Anyways, my love of pointless statistics and facts aside these release dates actually do have a meaning. They're pretty close to times when we have a long time to focus on the mod instead of dealing with University (summer break, winter break). So while this isn't so much the case this time as a lot of that work that's occured since the start of the 2.0 beta in June was put into Ascendancy, and we're not even 100% sure what we're doing with the rest of ICW it's far more likely that we'll have an early summer release for 2.1. It'd be fun to mark the 7th birthday of the mod with the final major release anyways. When we ask for suggestions we really do want them.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 25, 2013, 05:41:25 PMReply #28

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 05:41:25 PM »
We've had an accidental release cadence of about one release per 6 months in the past that looks a bit like this:

1.0 Sept 2nd 2010
1.1 Jan 4th 2011 (Scheduled release; beta was put out in December but never did the full release because I had some IRL issues)
1.2 June 17th 2011 (Benefitted from being a 1.1 rework)
1.3 Jan 29th 2012
2.0 August 24th 2012

Obviously what this means, considering the previous odd-numbered releases were all in January is that we're releasing in the next week.

That's some good Mayan calender math right there.  Survival mode does have me greatly interested.  I don't think I've seen that in EAW before, so something new like that is exciting.
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

January 25, 2013, 07:04:17 PMReply #29

Offline Enceladus

• Assistant Canadian
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +33/-11
  • Did I mention GROUNDBREAKING?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »
It has been "done" before to some extent. That primarily consisted of people shoving a whole bunch of units outside the map borders so that they would drift in in a somewhat constant albeit limited stream and then calling it a survival mode. This will be a lot different than that. Pox has done some really awesome work though and I'm sure you'll like it once you get to try it.

~Thrawn's Revenge Staff~

January 27, 2013, 09:04:52 PMReply #30

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 09:04:52 PM »
This shall be a mod long remembered, it has seen the end of the FCs in EaW TR and will soon see the end of the Rebellion.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

January 29, 2013, 04:52:18 PMReply #31

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »
Talking of the mod. What's the difference between the medium turbolasers ( found in the MTC I think) and the common turbolasers?

January 29, 2013, 08:24:15 PMReply #32

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 08:24:15 PM »
Talking of the mod. What's the difference between the medium turbolasers ( found in the MTC I think) and the common turbolasers?

Medium turbolasers do less damage, 4 instead of the base 5 for the regular turbos. Megamasers also do 5.
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

January 31, 2013, 04:50:36 PMReply #33

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 04:50:36 PM »
Updated with new GC.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:00:32 PM by Corey »

January 31, 2013, 05:00:29 PMReply #34

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »
Imperial Civil War??? That raises so many questions...which heroes? Vader back in the Executor? Wedge back in charge of Rogue Squadron? De-powered Luke Skywalker? Leia in Rebel Dream?

Which period does it span? Battle of Yavin to Battle of Endor?

Also, Death Stars (less excited)?
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

January 31, 2013, 05:03:43 PMReply #35

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 05:03:43 PM »
Think of the mod name. This is something people asked for for a while that I said we weren't going to do because we used to think we were doing something else. What else is new.

February 08, 2013, 01:49:47 PMReply #36

Offline Cromagnum

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 01:49:47 PM »
Well the mod is amazing but for this last patch there are a few things that need to be fixed. One, all Heavy shipyards should (I think they were intended too) be able to have Golen 2's. Two, the super laser on the eclipse dreadnought is overpowered as hell and while it is that strong in canon it is way more expensive in canon too. So if possible make it so it can't destroy other star dreadnoughts, limit the number that can be fielded (think the limit is 4 right now) down to 1 or 2, or limit its ability to hit anything that isn't actually in front of it. And lastly, and most importantly, a map that you start with one planet but actually has eras. Thank you for all your hard work  ;D

February 08, 2013, 04:11:50 PMReply #37

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 04:11:50 PM »
Well the mod is amazing but for this last patch there are a few things that need to be fixed. One, all Heavy shipyards should (I think they were intended too) be able to have Golen 2's. Two, the super laser on the eclipse dreadnought is overpowered as hell and while it is that strong in canon it is way more expensive in canon too. So if possible make it so it can't destroy other star dreadnoughts, limit the number that can be fielded (think the limit is 4 right now) down to 1 or 2, or limit its ability to hit anything that isn't actually in front of it. And lastly, and most importantly, a map that you start with one planet but actually has eras. Thank you for all your hard work  ;D

The last time I used the eclipse on Wedge it didn't kill him in one shot.  Actually he almost killed me.

Eras on ground up?  I'm not sure myself but I think that'd make the early stage unfair for the IR.  That's just me though.

February 08, 2013, 06:21:29 PMReply #38

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2013, 06:21:29 PM »
Same here The eclipse superlaser just left him with 33% of health. Don't know about sovereign one but I doubt it would be stronger.

February 08, 2013, 09:00:00 PMReply #39

Offline Cromagnum

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
Same here The eclipse superlaser just left him with 33% of health. Don't know about sovereign one but I doubt it would be stronger.
Actually I meant the sovereign lol. Sorry and its not that it took me out in one shot. The laser kept re firing till I my dreadnought blew up. I think thats a glitch. And yes it would be unfair at the start but thats the challange
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 09:02:55 PM by Cromagnum »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!