Imperial Civil War [Empire at War] > Discussion, Suggestions & Feedback

2.1 and You

(1/37) > >>

Corey:
A new year, a new development cycle.

2.1 is in all likelihood, the last version of ICW and as a result our priorities are more like they were going into 1.3 as opposed to 2.0; the main objective is to fix outstanding balance issues and polish what we have as opposed to major overhauls or additions.

As this is the first version of Imperial Civil War which is being developed alongside another project, Ascendancy, there will be some slight differences in prioritization and allocation of resources which will affect the developent of both Imperial Civil War 2.1 and Ascendancy 1.0. The main impact of this is that the majority of what we'll generously call the art department is currently focused on redoing the models and skins of existing units which we need for Ascendancy, as opposed to working on new units to be added to either Imperial Civil War or Ascendancy. This means that the main early focus for ICW has been and will be generally centered on polish, bugfixing and balance adjustments of anything leftover from ICW2.0. It also includes the implementation of several of the new Ascendancy models and skins into Imperial Civil War. We won't be doing all of them unless people really seem to want it, since in some cases the changes weren't necessarily because the ship needed a visual upgrade, but instead because they used elements from Empire at War which needed to be removed to get into Sins of a Solar Empire.

Here's the general changelog thus far from 2.0 with Hotfix 2.

General Changes and Bug Fixes:
-MTC pop cap increased from 1 to 3 (may be reduced to 2 depending on how we feel about it later)
-Gilzean firing cooldown doubled, pulses reduced from 4 to 3.
-Imperial Barracks text saying it unlocks the OFficer Academy removed.
-Fixed uneven hardpoints on Praetor
-Praetor scaled down 15%
-Removed all fighters from NR starting forces in Art of War
-Enforcer pop cap lowered to 2 from 3
-Laser/Turbolaser/MAser projectile speeds increased.
-Fighter release now staggered for most ships instead of frontloaded
-Fixed issue where base layout was inaccessible
-Potentially fixed issue with multiple attacks in quick succession
-Fixed issue where teams weren't sharing defense platforms in skirmish.
-Added upgrades for EotH
-Removed ptw on Nebula and increased cost
-Fixed firing restrictions for TIE Crawler, 2M and XR85
-Fixed Metellos inaccessibility in Reunification
-Praetor to 9 pop cap.
-Halved Sovereign build limit
-PA Tactical upgrades
-Carida base income raised to 60
-Added a Dreadnaught to the Remnant in FTGU
-Strike Cruiser cost dropped to 2000 (Skirmish) and 1600 (GC)
-Thrawn Campaign: Mara now spawns with Karrde
-Nerfs to Kariek
-Laser cannon firing rates increased for most non-corvettes.
-Enforcer build time lowered
-Carrack speed increased
-Majestic fighter complement added.
-Victory relevance of NR fighters removed
-Fixed Venator fighter spawning issue
-Increase Jerec speed
-Vengeance allows OB
-Eclipse and Sovereign allow OB

Fixed, Pending Further Testing:
-Art of War Crash upon Era Change
-Art of War Crash on quit as Remnant
-Attack loops by AI (attacking in small groups instead of one large one)

Redone Models and Skins:
-MTC
-Dreadnaught
-Vigilance
-Massias
-Lancer

New Units:
-V19 Torrent (PA)
-Lucrehulk (PA)
-Gladiator (PA)
-Visvia (EotH)
-Bu'direch (EotH)
-Providence (PA)
-Probe Droid (PA)
-Shock Soldier  (PA)

New Features:
-Survival Mode (New Republic, Remnant, EotH)

New GCs:
-Imperial Civil War

To Be Done:
-General bug fixes/balance changes.
-Icon updates
-EotH Survival Mode

Beta Start Date:
...?

Nothing is really finalized,  so please feel free to continue posting suggestions and balance/bug issues on the forums as we go. There'sa bunch of stuff that's been brought up and suggested which we do intend to do, but haven't had time to do yet.

tlmiller:
I'd say MTC should be 2.  At 3 it's the same as the Venator, which is a much more effective combat vehicle.

Corey:
That's where it will probably end up.

Malanthor:
Yeah. 2 would be perfect for it. It would reduce lagg alot simply by dooing that.

How abouth improving jedis and dark jedis a bit. They feel kinda gimpy right now, as in not worth building.

Also i hope you make the new station for eoth pretty strong. At best the other factions can have 2 golan 3, 2 golan 2 and 1 golan 1. That is pretty much impossibly for the ai to go through (for the ai) with a little fleet helping. Ive held off 200 cap fleets with those defences and a small fleet of my own. I hope eoth will have an equally strong defence. They allready lack SSD's, and thats fine, but come on: no need to nerf them even further. :D

Also i noticed that missiles fired at the corona tend to go haywire all over the place. I had 12 tie defenders all targeting them repetedly and they missiles just went spinning around the vessel not hitting much at all. Took me ages to kill one (and im aware of the power to shields feature)

How abouth implementing the fleet commander and ground commander again. Heroes tend to die off way to easy (especially for the ai) and then they are left just running the ships or land forces on their own without any bonus. Its easy to keep a good commander alive as a player, but the dumb ai just send them to die in stupid suicide actions. The base mechanism was silly with immortal heroes but taking into consideration that otherwise youll just kill off heroes really fast and see nothing special ever again it wasnt all that bad i reckon. Maybe you could make some base grunt heroes that respawn, people with a title instead of a name, just a different take on the commander i guess.

How abouth speeding up the projectiles abit. I assume it would make the game a bit less laggy? maybe im totally wrong here, im sure you know how this works better than me. In any case, no biggie.

Eclipse:
SDD + EoTH + Corey = Corey's angry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version