Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.1 and You  (Read 96522 times)

January 05, 2013, 02:45:30 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
2.1 and You
« on: January 05, 2013, 02:45:30 PM »
A new year, a new development cycle.

2.1 is in all likelihood, the last version of ICW and as a result our priorities are more like they were going into 1.3 as opposed to 2.0; the main objective is to fix outstanding balance issues and polish what we have as opposed to major overhauls or additions.

As this is the first version of Imperial Civil War which is being developed alongside another project, Ascendancy, there will be some slight differences in prioritization and allocation of resources which will affect the developent of both Imperial Civil War 2.1 and Ascendancy 1.0. The main impact of this is that the majority of what we'll generously call the art department is currently focused on redoing the models and skins of existing units which we need for Ascendancy, as opposed to working on new units to be added to either Imperial Civil War or Ascendancy. This means that the main early focus for ICW has been and will be generally centered on polish, bugfixing and balance adjustments of anything leftover from ICW2.0. It also includes the implementation of several of the new Ascendancy models and skins into Imperial Civil War. We won't be doing all of them unless people really seem to want it, since in some cases the changes weren't necessarily because the ship needed a visual upgrade, but instead because they used elements from Empire at War which needed to be removed to get into Sins of a Solar Empire.

Here's the general changelog thus far from 2.0 with Hotfix 2.

General Changes and Bug Fixes:
-MTC pop cap increased from 1 to 3 (may be reduced to 2 depending on how we feel about it later)
-Gilzean firing cooldown doubled, pulses reduced from 4 to 3.
-Imperial Barracks text saying it unlocks the OFficer Academy removed.
-Fixed uneven hardpoints on Praetor
-Praetor scaled down 15%
-Removed all fighters from NR starting forces in Art of War
-Enforcer pop cap lowered to 2 from 3
-Laser/Turbolaser/MAser projectile speeds increased.
-Fighter release now staggered for most ships instead of frontloaded
-Fixed issue where base layout was inaccessible
-Potentially fixed issue with multiple attacks in quick succession
-Fixed issue where teams weren't sharing defense platforms in skirmish.
-Added upgrades for EotH
-Removed ptw on Nebula and increased cost
-Fixed firing restrictions for TIE Crawler, 2M and XR85
-Fixed Metellos inaccessibility in Reunification
-Praetor to 9 pop cap.
-Halved Sovereign build limit
-PA Tactical upgrades
-Carida base income raised to 60
-Added a Dreadnaught to the Remnant in FTGU
-Strike Cruiser cost dropped to 2000 (Skirmish) and 1600 (GC)
-Thrawn Campaign: Mara now spawns with Karrde
-Nerfs to Kariek
-Laser cannon firing rates increased for most non-corvettes.
-Enforcer build time lowered
-Carrack speed increased
-Majestic fighter complement added.
-Victory relevance of NR fighters removed
-Fixed Venator fighter spawning issue
-Increase Jerec speed
-Vengeance allows OB
-Eclipse and Sovereign allow OB

Fixed, Pending Further Testing:
-Art of War Crash upon Era Change
-Art of War Crash on quit as Remnant
-Attack loops by AI (attacking in small groups instead of one large one)

Redone Models and Skins:
-MTC
-Dreadnaught

-Vigilance
-Massias
-Lancer

New Units:
-V19 Torrent (PA)
-Lucrehulk (PA)

-Gladiator (PA)
-Visvia (EotH)
-Bu'direch (EotH)
-Providence (PA)
-Probe Droid (PA)
-Shock Soldier  (PA)

New Features:
-Survival Mode (New Republic, Remnant, EotH)

New GCs:
-Imperial Civil War

To Be Done:
-General bug fixes/balance changes.
-Icon updates
-EotH Survival Mode

Beta Start Date:
...?

Nothing is really finalized,  so please feel free to continue posting suggestions and balance/bug issues on the forums as we go. There'sa bunch of stuff that's been brought up and suggested which we do intend to do, but haven't had time to do yet.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:41:27 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 05, 2013, 09:45:28 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2.1 and You
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:45:28 PM »
I'd say MTC should be 2.  At 3 it's the same as the Venator, which is a much more effective combat vehicle.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

January 05, 2013, 09:50:18 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:50:18 PM »
That's where it will probably end up.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 05, 2013, 10:50:56 PMReply #3

Offline Malanthor

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 10:50:56 PM »
Yeah. 2 would be perfect for it. It would reduce lagg alot simply by dooing that.

How abouth improving jedis and dark jedis a bit. They feel kinda gimpy right now, as in not worth building.

Also i hope you make the new station for eoth pretty strong. At best the other factions can have 2 golan 3, 2 golan 2 and 1 golan 1. That is pretty much impossibly for the ai to go through (for the ai) with a little fleet helping. Ive held off 200 cap fleets with those defences and a small fleet of my own. I hope eoth will have an equally strong defence. They allready lack SSD's, and thats fine, but come on: no need to nerf them even further. :D

Also i noticed that missiles fired at the corona tend to go haywire all over the place. I had 12 tie defenders all targeting them repetedly and they missiles just went spinning around the vessel not hitting much at all. Took me ages to kill one (and im aware of the power to shields feature)

How abouth implementing the fleet commander and ground commander again. Heroes tend to die off way to easy (especially for the ai) and then they are left just running the ships or land forces on their own without any bonus. Its easy to keep a good commander alive as a player, but the dumb ai just send them to die in stupid suicide actions. The base mechanism was silly with immortal heroes but taking into consideration that otherwise youll just kill off heroes really fast and see nothing special ever again it wasnt all that bad i reckon. Maybe you could make some base grunt heroes that respawn, people with a title instead of a name, just a different take on the commander i guess.

How abouth speeding up the projectiles abit. I assume it would make the game a bit less laggy? maybe im totally wrong here, im sure you know how this works better than me. In any case, no biggie.

January 05, 2013, 10:58:44 PMReply #4

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »
SDD + EoTH + Corey = Corey's angry
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

January 05, 2013, 11:16:16 PMReply #5

Offline Malanthor

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 11:16:16 PM »
Hehe, i dont want SSD's for EoTH. Not at all it wouldent fit with thrawns doctrine. :D
But im hoping their 2 platforms wont stand back from the golan1-3's.

January 06, 2013, 07:09:55 AMReply #6

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 07:09:55 AM »
Also i noticed that missiles fired at the corona tend to go haywire all over the place. I had 12 tie defenders all targeting them repetedly and they missiles just went spinning around the vessel not hitting much at all. Took me ages to kill one (and im aware of the power to shields feature)
There seems to be something about the Corona's profile that the game doesn't like.  I think Corey has tried to compensate for that already, but I'm sure it could be looked at again if people are still finding it a problem.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

January 07, 2013, 03:07:14 PMReply #7

Offline negativ21

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
Yeah im getting the same problem with the Corona

January 07, 2013, 08:21:11 PMReply #8

Offline Malanthor

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 08:21:11 PM »
Even if it was worse before i still think it could use a tweak.

January 07, 2013, 08:25:42 PMReply #9

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
We?re not saying "it's better than it was so it's fine now." It's just that it's something we're addressing but until we're sure what the root problem is it's gonna have to be gradual adjustments. To a certain extent it's just that the game doesn't like the size of the ship, which is something we can't really do much about.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:33:16 PM by Corey »

January 07, 2013, 09:25:49 PMReply #10

Offline Malanthor

• Stormtrooper Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 09:25:49 PM »
You misunderstand me, that is now what i am implying. :)
I was merely saying that even though it may have allready been "fixed" it is still a problem (although a very minor one) by all means you can easily kill them using lasers. I would put it far down on my to-do-list personally.

January 09, 2013, 07:53:05 PMReply #11

Offline rumiks

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 07:53:05 PM »
survival mode whats that? and why only rebellion
football (real one) meat pies kangeroos and holden cars i  got qq it is 2320886763@qq.com

January 09, 2013, 08:02:21 PMReply #12

Offline Pox

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 08:02:21 PM »

You have to defend against waves of units until you die with each wave getting more powerful. More details when it's ready.

January 09, 2013, 08:49:02 PMReply #13

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 08:49:02 PM »

This is the list of what's done. It wouldn't make sense to work on all factional versions of it at the same time, so the NR's is the only one that's in right now.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:45:45 PM by Corey »

January 20, 2013, 01:24:29 PMReply #14

Offline pincuishin

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 01:24:29 PM »
Any chance of getting a pellaleon in there? (hm)

January 20, 2013, 01:34:56 PMReply #15

Offline Enceladus

• Assistant Canadian
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +33/-11
  • Did I mention GROUNDBREAKING?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 01:34:56 PM »
Assuming you're referring to the Star Destroyer class the answer is no. The time period that our mod covers ends at about 25 ABY. Those weren't build until about 105ish ABY and would make absolutely no sense within our mod.

~Thrawn's Revenge Staff~

January 20, 2013, 03:52:51 PMReply #16

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 03:52:51 PM »
Just as an idea if it's made of waves of stronger units, is there a chance that in the end SSD/Viscount would attack you? if you are not planning that I would say I'd love to see it I mean if you are good enough and survive the star destroyers after two or three waves the same people would get bored and suddenly beign attacked by a SSD would be cool, just my opinion.

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

January 20, 2013, 04:12:18 PMReply #17

Offline Pox

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 04:12:18 PM »
Just as an idea if it's made of waves of stronger units, is there a chance that in the end SSD/Viscount would attack you? if you are not planning that I would say I'd love to see it I mean if you are good enough and survive the star destroyers after two or three waves the same people would get bored and suddenly beign attacked by a SSD would be cool, just my opinion.

There is a boss fight every fifth wave. I'm not sure if including SSDs is such a good idea, though. Could get laggy, since the higher waves will go above the usual pop cap.

January 20, 2013, 05:15:59 PMReply #18

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 05:15:59 PM »
I might add SSD as some kind of "last resource" against the best players. After all we won't be able to build em at all so it'll be quite a challenge. And by boss fight you are talking aobut heros right?

January 20, 2013, 06:09:44 PMReply #19

Offline Pox

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 06:09:44 PM »
And by boss fight you are talking aobut heros right?

Yea, I guess either heroes or some other kind of more powerful unit(maybe a unit that wouldn't usually appear on the player's current wave). But I only developed the game mode and Corey is implementing all the units, since he's the balancing expert for TR, so I'm not completely sure what he is going to throw in there.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!