Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Imperial Civil War 2.0 Startup Troubleshooting  (Read 61208 times)

January 18, 2016, 05:08:09 PMReply #60

LntPage

Re: Imperial Civil War 2.0 Startup Troubleshooting
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »
Make sure you have the FoC ram fix installed.

Hi, in Frnce the link to the FOC ram fix is not working, leading to the Star Wars Disney page... If you can edit the link in the top of convesation it could be helpfull...

January 19, 2016, 12:57:55 PMReply #61

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2016, 12:57:55 PM »
Fixed.  This sticky thread predates Disney buying LucasArts by about three years so when Disney closed the LucasArts website and put everything on StarWars.com it broke things.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

February 22, 2016, 03:43:58 AMReply #62

bidders998

« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2016, 03:43:58 AM »
so I'm using steam... ive been wrestling with this for hours...ive read all the forums tried mult things, the ram fix,the permissions, the compatibility, ie you get the idea I'm frustrated... ive used the correct mod path copied straight from your site. I created a mods folder in the corruption folder. when I tried to download the ram fix it wouldn't let me said it couldn't be installed. but the game is completely updated through steam so I would assume that its included by now in 2016?ive reinstalled mult times... what is the bloody secret to this thing??? it loads to the empire of the hand symbol then loads "vanilla" and the video combat playing at the main menu is messed up shows the petroglyph symbol in all the explosions... I'm gonna rip out the zip file and try the installer... if that doesn't work I'm done this is ridiculous.

February 22, 2016, 03:50:41 AMReply #63

bidders998

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2016, 03:50:41 AM »
disregard... it now magically works apparently it takes just the right combination of profanity at the computer and it changes its mind and decides to work

July 24, 2016, 09:39:24 AMReply #64

Stephen H.

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2016, 09:39:24 AM »
so I'm using steam... ive been wrestling with this for hours...ive read all the forums tried mult things, the ram fix,the permissions, the compatibility, ie you get the idea I'm frustrated... ive used the correct mod path copied straight from your site. I created a mods folder in the corruption folder. when I tried to download the ram fix it wouldn't let me said it couldn't be installed. but the game is completely updated through steam so I would assume that its included by now in 2016?ive reinstalled mult times... what is the bloody secret to this thing??? it loads to the empire of the hand symbol then loads "vanilla" and the video combat playing at the main menu is messed up shows the petroglyph symbol in all the explosions... I'm gonna rip out the zip file and try the installer... if that doesn't work I'm done this is ridiculous.

I'm getting this issue, however, in the game itself, there are some of the custom maps showing up. Everything else is the base FoC though. I've tried just about everything like the guy above, except mine hasn't magically fixed itself.

July 25, 2016, 05:30:06 PMReply #65

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2016, 05:30:06 PM »
I'd recommend starting from scratch.  Have Steam delete EaW's local files, then manually go and delete the folder to make sure that nothing is left in it.  Re-download and install EaW, then reinstall ICW on this fresh installation of EaW.  Make sure you set the modpath in the Steam launch options, then try launching through Steam (also make sure you're loading FoC through the Steam launcher, not vanilla EaW).

September 13, 2016, 08:31:07 AMReply #66

spooki

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2016, 08:31:07 AM »
so im having the same loading problem with the stormtrooper and ive redownloadeed everything including star wars but it wont work this is 2.1 tho

September 13, 2016, 08:33:33 AMReply #67

spooki

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2016, 08:33:33 AM »
so it shows the storm trooper first than black loading screen than white until it crashes

September 13, 2016, 02:23:04 PMReply #68

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2016, 02:23:04 PM »
Make sure you have the RAM fix
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 19, 2016, 11:26:49 AMReply #69

Luke

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2016, 11:26:49 AM »
Hey,

I tried downloading the file for the mod but I'm having trouble with the installation. For some reason when I try pull up the download a "winzip" activation request keeps pooping up. Is "winzip" required for the mod to function? Thanks.

September 19, 2016, 12:33:34 PMReply #70

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2016, 12:33:34 PM »
There are various archiving applications you can use to unpack and install the mod; it doesn't specifically require winzip.  Any activation pop-up is integral to winzip and not related to the mod at all (except that you're trying to use winzip to install the mod).
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

September 19, 2016, 02:21:33 PMReply #71

Luke

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2016, 02:21:33 PM »
There are various archiving applications you can use to unpack and install the mod; it doesn't specifically require winzip.  Any activation pop-up is integral to winzip and not related to the mod at all (except that you're trying to use winzip to install the mod).

Well, I'm a first time user for mods on pc games. So I took a look at your general tutorial for installation of the "thrawn's revenge" mod. If there is something else I need to do besides following the instructional video, then can you amplify on what else I need to do to access the mod files? Thanks.

September 19, 2016, 03:15:24 PMReply #72

Luke

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »
To be more specific, the "winzip" service seems to be the only thing that was downloaded at all. Every time I try to access the file for the mod, the "winzip" just poops up again. I'm not sure if I'm downloading the mod correctly. Everywhere I've searched and found the mod, I select it, and "winzip" poops up again. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Sorry that I'm such a newb at this :/

September 19, 2016, 04:34:04 PMReply #73

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2016, 04:34:04 PM »
To be more specific, the "winzip" service seems to be the only thing that was downloaded at all. Every time I try to access the file for the mod, the "winzip" just poops up again. I'm not sure if I'm downloading the mod correctly. Everywhere I've searched and found the mod, I select it, and "winzip" poops up again. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Sorry that I'm such a newb at this :/

You didn't download WinZip with it, you just downloaded the mod. The mod is in a compressed file called a zip archive. If you double click it, it'll try to open it with WinZip since that's usually what the file association is for Windows. Its the same idea as if you downloaded a Word document; it's the document you downloaded, and then if you open it, it'll run Microsoft Word to read the document. Dont double click the downloaded file; if you right click it, it should say "extract here" in the list of options. Do that and put the files where the manual/instalalation video say to.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 19, 2016, 06:26:34 PMReply #74

Luke

« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2016, 06:26:34 PM »
You didn't download WinZip with it, you just downloaded the mod. The mod is in a compressed file called a zip archive. If you double click it, it'll try to open it with WinZip since that's usually what the file association is for Windows. Its the same idea as if you downloaded a Word document; it's the document you downloaded, and then if you open it, it'll run Microsoft Word to read the document. Dont double click the downloaded file; if you right click it, it should say "extract here" in the list of options. Do that and put the files where the manual/instalalation video say to.

Hmm....ok. So, I think I found one problem I was causing. Is there two parts to download for steam? Because I took the initial stance that there was only file I needed to download. So I downloaded the "RAR Archive" by itself. I figured out that I probably need to download the first zipdrive (Download Mirror #1: Gamewatcher Installer) but I'm a little hesitant trying to run it. I'll copy the link from your site that I tried downloading for both instillations I tried to receive.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/empireatwarforcesofcorruption/mod/40143.html
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/empireatwarforcesofcorruption/mod/40144.html

I couldn't move the files from the download list or do much else with them. I could run the first one like I said, but I'm hesitant. If that's what I need to do then just let me know. Thanks for the help.

September 19, 2016, 06:50:06 PMReply #75

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2016, 06:50:06 PM »
You do only need one file. There are different versions for differnt ways to install it. One's a regular installer that you run, the other is the rar that you extract. The end result is the same. That link is fine, but its also several years old. Download the version from the file list here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/thrawns-revenge , either zip or installer is fine, you don't need both.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 06:55:40 PM by Corey »

September 19, 2016, 07:09:34 PMReply #76

Luke

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2016, 07:09:34 PM »
Ok. I looked through the list of files to download and it brought me to the same location I tried to download in the first place. I can't get the recommended version for steam to install, it just keeps pooping up as "winzip" every time I try to use it. Should I just use the "Mirror 1" install version then?

September 20, 2016, 09:50:05 AMReply #77

Luke

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2016, 09:50:05 AM »
Ok, I guess I'll try the installer that's above the RAR archive file. The RAR file is the one recommended for steam, so hopefully the installer will still work for me. Sorry that I'm over thinking this stuff and a little to hesitant to commit to moding the game. I've had a few bad episodes from downloading programing from the internet. My last computer crashed after I downloaded a Mozilla folder...it wasn't Mozilla to say the least. I had to scrap the old hard drive and I don't want to go through that again. Thanks again for all the patience in helping me.

September 20, 2016, 12:39:42 PMReply #78

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2016, 12:39:42 PM »
Ok. I looked through the list of files to download and it brought me to the same location I tried to download in the first place. I can't get the recommended version for steam to install, it just keeps pooping up as "winzip" every time I try to use it. Should I just use the "Mirror 1" install version then?

If it's a rar file, you're still trying to use the outdated version from strategyinformer. The archive copy of the newest version is .zip, not .rar. Use the link from our ModDB that I gave you. The ones you linked to were for 1.2, which we released in like 2010 or 2011, and is incredibly outdated. The one I linked to is 2.1 and currently the newest version of the mod. We don't have control over the strategyinformer links, so we can neither update nor remove the old ones.

It also sounds like you're trying to run or open the file (ie Left click or double click); if you do that, it'll just open it in winzip - winzip does not come with the mod, it's pretty much always already on your computer. You need to right click it, and click "extract here" or "uncompress." You're not supposed to run the zip file, that just opens winzip to look at its contents, it's an archive that just keeps the files packed together for download. Windows has its own native compression tools as well, which will work.

The installer copy (again DO NOT USE THE STRATEGY INFORMER LINKS, USE THE MODDB LINK I GAVE YOU) will work fine, it just means you have to tell it a different place to install to, and you need to change Steam's launch options. The instructions for all of this can be seen in this video I made:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:55:06 PM by Corey »

September 20, 2016, 08:06:44 PMReply #79

Luke

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2016, 08:06:44 PM »
Well, I've tried your link several times. It only lists specifics about the mod but doesn't appear to display the download file itself. I looked around the link that you sent me and the only page I could find that has downloads on it seems to be the same one that I was using originally.

The exception to this seems to be the webpage that lists files. Is the "Imperial Civil War 2.1 Zip" file the one I need to download as a steam user? According to the file description, this file is uploaded as of 1Jan2014 and is intended as a steam variant of the mod. Thanks.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!