Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Imperial Civil War 2.0 Startup Troubleshooting  (Read 61256 times)

October 14, 2012, 10:33:30 AMReply #20

Offline ritterkreuz

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Civil War 2.0 Startup Troubleshooting
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2012, 10:33:30 AM »
It's working now and it's awesome.  Thanks for your help.  I am absolutely blown away by this mod.  This is the sort of thing I would expect to pay $50 for.  Thanks.

October 20, 2012, 01:59:08 AMReply #21

Offline MarekVulen

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2012, 01:59:08 AM »
still can't figure out why the game keeps crashing at the stormtrooper screen. 

October 20, 2012, 02:00:52 AMReply #22

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2012, 02:00:52 AM »
All I can really think of is that you've have to reinstall the RAM Patch, or another mod is conflicting with ICW (potentially in the EaW files), or you have two different MasterTextFile_***.dats. Those would really be the only reasons for a crash at that point.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

November 10, 2012, 01:12:48 AMReply #23

Offline MarekVulen

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2012, 01:12:48 AM »
Just an FYI.  I figured out what the problems were.  First, It didn't like my vanilla foc installation, so I installed it from the Gold Pack.  (I bought the vanilla disc myself and received the Gold pack as a present).  Secondly, I had a NO CD fix installed on the game which the mod did not like either.  The game works great now and is truly a masterpiece.  Great job!

December 27, 2012, 03:20:43 PMReply #24

Offline Zechs

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 03:20:43 PM »
Okay I downloaded it and did the necessary changes required to use the mod (I installed it since I have the disc version). However, when I upload it (the opening intro screens are fine) it's when I get onto the main game screen things get glitchy:

http://tinypic.com/r/1zqy4o2/6

Notice the boxes above the main menu portion and near various captions of the other parts of the menu screen. I tried starting a game and I get those glitchy boxes everywhere. What did I do wrong in installing the game?

December 27, 2012, 03:40:49 PMReply #25

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 03:40:49 PM »
Notice the boxes above the main menu portion and near various captions of the other parts of the menu screen. I tried starting a game and I get those glitchy boxes everywhere. What did I do wrong in installing the game?
Have you made sure to install both hotfixes available on our ModDB page?  As far as I know your problem is related to an issue that Corey fixed in one of those.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

December 28, 2012, 01:34:32 AMReply #26

Offline Zechs

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2012, 01:34:32 AM »
Have you made sure to install both hotfixes available on our ModDB page?  As far as I know your problem is related to an issue that Corey fixed in one of those.

That worked when I downloaded the first patch. Thanks  ;D

March 17, 2013, 05:37:59 AMReply #27

Offline Soran

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 05:37:59 AM »
Hi there. First Gratz ant Thank you for this mod. It is awesome.
Sorry for this question, if it is stupid, but i have a problem. I have played this mod on a cracked version before and it worked just fine. Now i bought a original CD and i have problem running it. I can get into menu, even start a new game but... In Galactic conquest i dont even get to map. It freezes and i get error. In skirmish i can go to combat map, but i cannot see command bars and menu there. I have both patches and RAM fix. :-/ Please Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.

March 17, 2013, 03:14:08 PMReply #28

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 03:14:08 PM »
I had that problem with another mod to be honest I can't suggest anything else other than to check to see if the mod is in the right place.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

March 17, 2013, 03:33:39 PMReply #29

Offline Soran

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »
I have it in C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Mods  as always. :-/

July 16, 2013, 03:56:04 AMReply #30

Offline umad41

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 03:56:04 AM »
I have the gold pack off of steam I set up the Modpath like this: sweaw MODPATH=Mods\ Imperial_Civil_War
the file directory is:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods\ICW2

When I launch it It just gives me the Vanilla FoC The advanced option is retaining it's setup but it Won't work. got any suggestions?

July 16, 2013, 04:51:45 AMReply #31

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 04:51:45 AM »
I answered this on Facebook, but the basic answer is your modpath is set looking for a folder called Imperial_Civil_War but you've renamed that folder to ICW2, or you've put your Imperial_Civil_War folder into another folder.

If you're going to use that modpath, you need to keep the default file structure where it looks like:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Star Wars Empire at War\corruption\Mods\Imperial_Civil_War\Data\etc...

where the bolded stuff is the folders installed with the mod and the rest is just your pre-existing FoC stuff.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

January 08, 2014, 10:57:54 PMReply #32

Offline Rowan

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 10:57:54 PM »
I seem to have the same problem as Soran. It runs fine up until I select a game type in Galactic Conquest and hit "Start", which is when it freezes. Once I minimize it I get the message:

Exception has occurred. See _logfile.txt and _exception.txt for details

I could only find _exception.txt, but my computer skills are all rather rudimentary and the document does little to nothing to clear up the problem for me, mostly consisting of lines and lines of numbers.

I'm really hopping someone can help me out, I'm just dying to play this.

May 30, 2014, 09:45:44 PMReply #33

Offline Civilbot

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2014, 09:45:44 PM »
I'm having a problem getting the game to launch on steam when i click on the icon i get a small black page that only stays up for a second and then nothing else happens? Am i doing something wrong?

May 30, 2014, 10:05:45 PMReply #34

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2014, 10:05:45 PM »
I'm having a problem getting the game to launch on steam when i click on the icon i get a small black page that only stays up for a second and then nothing else happens? Am i doing something wrong?

Can you post what your line in startup options is?
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

May 30, 2014, 11:51:14 PMReply #35

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2014, 11:51:14 PM »
With steam you can't use the batch icon/shortcut. You need to set the launch options in steam and run it that way.

July 13, 2014, 06:15:28 AMReply #36

Offline Thrawn

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2014, 06:15:28 AM »
Hi. Is this mod works on cracked version? I try, but mod doesnt loading. Normal version of the game launching instead.

July 16, 2014, 02:34:56 AMReply #37

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 02:34:56 AM »
It should work fine, you just have to make sure you install/run it properly.

July 16, 2014, 07:22:53 AMReply #38

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 07:22:53 AM »
I had this problem before you have to install the mod before the crack.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

July 24, 2014, 11:38:32 PMReply #39

thegrimdeath

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2014, 11:38:32 PM »
If your mod crashes on startup, these are the most likely causes.

1. Make sure you completely remove 1.3 before installing 2.0. Do not install 2.0 directly over 1.3.
Just please, don't do it.

2. Make sure you have the Forces of Corruption RAM fix.
This can be found here: http://www.lucasarts.com/support/update/EAWFOC1_1.html#fix
The file you're looking for is called  FOC_RAM_MPLobby_update.exe

3. Make sure no other mods are installed into data.
You can have as many mods as you want in your mods folder, but if you have one hard installed overwriting the main Forces of Corruption data folder, it will cause a crash.

4. Make sure you're giving it enough time to load.
Unless you actually get an exception error, chances are you're just not giving the mod enough time to load. The mod is quite large, so it can take a few minutes to startup, especially on older machines.

If you've tried all of these, and still have problems, respond to this thread and I will try to help you.

Now, I can't even get the mod downloaded it, it completes, then goes unable to verify it, how can I fix this, as it's confusing

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!