Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.0 Known Issue/Bug Report [Your bug is here if your thread disappeared]  (Read 54170 times)

February 19, 2013, 08:52:24 AMReply #60

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +14/-12
  • Disney stop closing the website down, I mean it.
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0 Known Issue/Bug Report [Your bug is here if your thread disappeared]
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2013, 08:52:24 AM »
I noticed that the LAAT has the same problem as the corona.
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

February 21, 2013, 03:40:02 AMReply #61

Offline Guderian

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +7/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2013, 03:40:02 AM »
Hi, i found 2 duplicatable Bugs in Galactic Conquest.
First one:
If you destroy one of the major factions before the Imperial Remnants advance to the last era
and then try to kill the Imperial Remnants Main Hero to advance to the next era,
Then the game will crash.
(somehow obvious, the game tries to spawn Heroes for a non-Existing Faction which only can result in an Error)

Second one:
If you try to fight a battle in space against Land-Units
(land Units attacking in space and you don't want to auto-resolve)
the there will be an error which you can ignore BUT
then the Auto-Save will be deleted AND if you try to save the game says no free space left on Hard Drive.
If you try to overwrite an old Savegame this old Savegame will be deleted.

i had both of these bugs 2 times

February 21, 2013, 03:46:31 AMReply #62

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2013, 03:46:31 AM »
I noticed that the LAAT has the same problem as the corona.

This is slightly the result of it having to have a collision mesh that doesn't cover its whole wingspan. Originally it did, but the LAAT would tend to blow itself up. Funny to watch, but not especially helpful.

Snip

This should be pretty helpful, especially the second since it would explain what some people reported before. Can some other people try to reproduce these situations and let me know what they get?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

February 25, 2013, 10:06:31 PMReply #63

Offline GeorgeTKE

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2013, 10:06:31 PM »
So this happened twice.  Saturday I was playing the Hunt for Zinsj as the NR.  I had just finished losing the Ground battle for the Planet Noviquzior(sp) and went to the Galactic map.  Within 10 seconds the cursor turned to an hourglass and I got an "exception error".  The Sunday night I was playing the Infinities GC as the NR.  I had finished defending New Cov from the Empire.  On the Galactic Map I went to save the game.  I saw the text box that read "saving" and then again the cursor turned to the hourglass and I got the same "exception error".  I haven't tried the game again though.  Ideas?

March 15, 2013, 03:33:28 PMReply #64

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
I had the Novatroopers bug happen to me yesterday. Just wanted to let you guys know that it is still happening.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

March 24, 2013, 05:10:22 AMReply #65

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
The TIE Crawler doesn't use its light turbolaser against vehicles and buildings, it only uses its blaster cannons. It only uses the turbo against infantry. This seems to greatly reduce its damage output.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 05:17:43 AM by yutpaeksi »
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

April 10, 2013, 10:53:03 AMReply #66

Offline Motti

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
Figured I'd post a few bugs I've noticed here.

1:
Played "The Essence of War" as Imperial Remnant. Fought the Hapes Consortium at Charubah using Isard and some other units. Isolder's Song of War was present in the battle and was destroyed. As I immediately moved my fleet on to Hapes, Isolder had respawned there and his ship participated in this battle too. Once again died and didn't see him again so it might just have been a minor glitch.

2:
Played "The Art of War" as Empire of the Hand. Chak Fel was in a space battle and took some damage, but the unit was alive when the battle came to an end and was not on the list of losses, yet he disappeared from the icons of heroes and was nowhere to be found on the map. I don't know if the hero is tied specifically to one fighter in the unit that was destroyed and that is what caused it, but it seemed strange.

3:
Same campaign as 2, I was trying to do ground assault on some New Republic planets. The game would freeze for a few seconds as it would usually do before announcing "Invasion commencing" and then nothing would happen. No button to go to ground battle and no battle, but the ground units were all gone from orbit. I would move Commander Ashik down and he would disappear, but then a few of the ground units would reappear in orbit (yet not all of them.) If I moved those units back down, Ashik would reappear in orbit, but the ground units were once again lost.

This problem seemed to occur if the New Republic hero Gavrisom was the only NR unit on the surface. I had to exit and load the save from before the invasion to get the army units back. I tried a few invasions where Gavrisom was present along with other New Republic units and then the ground battle went as it is meant to.

During one such "botched invasion" I also noted that Ashik was "duplicated" and two instances of him were present in orbit. I could make a second fleet out of the duplicate, but was unable to move the duplicate around the galactic map. Still, the botched invasions did not seem to relate specifically to Ashik but rather to Gavrisom as Ashik was not present in orbit during all of the times this happened.

April 10, 2013, 05:20:04 PMReply #67

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
Your last problem sounds like the freeze, how long you've been playing that scenario?

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

April 10, 2013, 06:31:07 PMReply #68

Offline Motti

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
The issue with botched invasions in general didn't seem related to the freeze as I was still able to play for quite a while longer.

However, now that you mention it, the Ashik duplicate thing occurred around the same time as the freeze. Which was ca week 350 of "Art of War."

April 28, 2013, 03:08:16 PMReply #69

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
I've been playing as the NR on dark fury skirmish and all of my turrets and golans have no shield regeneration. My ships and shipyard do though.

\\\"Challenge and diversity make us strong. Too much protection can prevent us from learning, from reaching our potential. We can learn from others, but we must also learn from our own experiences. . . and our own mistakes.\\\" Luke Skywalker

\\\"An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well, guess what? Times have changed!\\\" RC-01/138

April 28, 2013, 05:45:56 PMReply #70

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
I've been playing as the NR on dark fury skirmish and all of my turrets and golans have no shield regeneration. My ships and shipyard do though.

NR Budget cuts
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

April 29, 2013, 01:41:45 PMReply #71

Offline Mat8876

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
NR Budget cuts
Damn disney they always got to do something annoying don't they?

May 09, 2013, 08:00:13 PMReply #72

Offline Zeeman26

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Auto resolve is way off. I shouldnt bring a huge force to attack one or two  small units and lose half the force.thats annoying

May 09, 2013, 08:16:52 PMReply #73

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Auto resolve has not been modified by the mod in any way. The base game designed it to be heavily in favour of the AI, and the game doesn't seem to load any changes to the relavent lua files.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 21, 2013, 08:35:03 PMReply #74

Offline aceahspades

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Hey! Playing essence of war as the IR, and on thrawns era. Crushed the NR and now trying to get rid of thrawn to advance to the next era, but every time he dies it triggers an exception and crashes the game =\

May 21, 2013, 08:44:38 PMReply #75

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Do you have the hotfixes?

May 23, 2013, 08:31:09 PMReply #76

Offline aceahspades

• Recruit
    • View Profile
Both of them, installed them both before playing

May 24, 2013, 02:04:36 PMReply #77

Offline Motti

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
Same issue. Was playing Essence of War was Pentastar Alignment and it crashed after Thrawn was killed. Have both hotfixes

May 24, 2013, 04:55:58 PMReply #78

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
I am playing Essence of War as the PA and killed Thrawn just fine.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 24, 2013, 05:27:36 PMReply #79

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
After the second hotfix there's still some situational crashes from it; we had a tester pool of one for it, so I've still been working on it.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!