Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Fog of war and snowspeeders  (Read 1713 times)

August 28, 2012, 05:25:11 PM

Offline Pali

• Tester
  • Admiral
  • Approval: +39/-2
    • View Profile
Fog of war and snowspeeders
« on: August 28, 2012, 05:25:11 PM »
First time posting: love, LOVE the mod, and I really appreciate the work everyone here's put into it.  I do have two issues so far though, which may be bugs or may be intentional, so I figured I'd mention them.

In most GCs (all but the Zsinj ones that I've tested so far), the NR can't build snowspeeders.  Is this intentional?  A bit of looking through the campaign XML files led me to a fix - in the Conquests folder, removing a lock on snowspeeders in the Story_Sandbox_Zsinj_Lock_Universal_NR.xml file seems to have restored them, at least for Era 1 Art of War (I noticed Y-wings are also locked out there, and removing that restores them to the build list also).  I'm guessing that this was a design choice, so I'm mostly just curious as to why it was made, since I've already "fixed" it for my purposes.  Oh, and kudos on having a lot of stuff coded in ways that a non-coder can make sense of it. :)

Now, the one I can't fix: in every space tactical battle, shortly after it begins (about 3/4s of the way through the autoresolve/retreat button's cooldown - this timing is consistent), all the fog of war vanishes and I can see the entire map.  Thus far I've only tested this for GC space battles, not skirmish, and I haven't tested it on the missions such as finding the Katana fleet.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated, as having no fog of war makes things almost too easy, particularly when playing as the IR or Pentastar ("oh, I'll just drop my SSD here...").

Regardless of the above, great work on 2.0.  It's a blast.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!