Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.0 Readme and Manual  (Read 5044 times)

August 24, 2012, 11:48:49 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
2.0 Readme and Manual
« on: August 24, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »
Imperial Civil War v2.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DELETE ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS BEFORE INSTALLING
DO NOT USE SAVE GAMES FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For information on content, installation and troubleshooting, please see the included manual.

Install to:
...Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption
-Doublic Click bat file in the Forces of Corruption folder or desktop shortcut to play

Steam Installation Instructions:
-Extract the Imperial Civil War archive to your desktop.
-Find Empire at War in your steamapps folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\star wars empire at war\ ).
-Create a Mods folder in star wars empire at war\corruption.
-Copy/paste the Imperial_Civil_War folder from your desktop into the newly created Mods folder.

To play the mod via Steam:
-Open Steam and go to Empire at War, right click and select Properties.
-Click Launch Options and add sweaw MODPATH=Mods\Imperial_Civil_War
-Close Properties and click Play, selecting Forces of Corruption.
-To play the original game just reverse the second set of steps and remove MODPATH=Mods\Imperial_Civil_War from the Launch Options.

-When Playing Skirmish, Only Use Maps Starting with ThRev.
-Tech levels no longer exist in the mod, it is based on eras. See the manual for more information.

Download Manual:
[Click Here]
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 24, 2012, 11:59:05 PMReply #1

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
Re: 2.0 Readme and Manual
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 11:59:05 PM »
Nice :) but did you delete3 everything else in Tech support? well i guess you don't need it then :).
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

August 26, 2012, 02:14:53 PMReply #2

Expletive

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »
Have followed steam install instructions game either runs vanilla or I usually just bypass this by combining and replacing data folders / files and this usually works, but not go this time just says the game is not available. The mod paths custum setting seems to loathe my pc. the bypass integration used to work. No dice at this point and continuing to attempt alternative methods which means if I do figure it out I will have done so many things it will be an amalgem of insanity to which i will not be quite sure how its working but it will at least be working, will keep you posted on the bipolar process of elimination I am doing :P 

August 26, 2012, 02:19:47 PMReply #3

Expletive

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 02:19:47 PM »
Success, verified integrity of combined data folder, steam replaces  odds and end bitz note* had mod folder in recommended installation placement and then re applied modpath start instruction, works flawlessly.   :)

August 26, 2012, 08:22:25 PMReply #4

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
Glad to hear it.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!