Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 265777 times)

November 03, 2013, 10:12:13 PMReply #780

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #780 on: November 03, 2013, 10:12:13 PM »
Plus it makes no sense.  Pally didn't congregate on Coruscant.  He came from Byss and launched his offensive from there.

But it wasn't until the Warlords conquered Coruscant that Pally made his appearance.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

November 18, 2013, 05:03:54 PMReply #781

Offline jordanthejq12

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-1
  • RIP, Expanded Universe. You will be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 18, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »
Finally! The forums are back. And now I can make a couple of more suggestions.

One, T-3B and T-4B differentiation, if at all possible. I find that the T-3B has as much or more firepower than the "newer" design for a fair bit less. The two also seem to have similar specs. The way I see it, either there's gotta be a real difference, or one's gotta go.

Second, increased accuracy vs. fighters and bombers of all laser/maser cannon weaponry on starships.  Corvettes do their jobs fairly well. The trouble is with those ships that aren't corvettes (Enforcer, Immobilizer, Assault Frigate. etc.) that have laser cannons and still can't hit the broad side of a barn with them. I don't know if this plus creating reserve capacities will swing the balance of power away from fighters (I like this mod in no small part because of what fighters are capable of), but there's fighter dominance...and then there's fighter dominance. It's all well and good to have fighters that'll go down in one hit, but first you have to land that hit.

Third, some kind of enhancement of the Marauder Cruiser, as I believe I may or may not have said before. At 1900 credits you could, with perhaps a general accuracy boost (vs. all targets), have some cheap but pretty good (if fragile) firepower. As it stands right now it seems to be useless. I, however, do not believe this is the intent. I'm fairly certain it would've been cut by now if that was the case.
"Show the same loyalty you have in the past, Mandalore. If there is a Mandalorian crusade, let it be for something that will carry your people's memory into the future, so when the time comes when there are no more Mandalorians, than at least their honor will remain."
--Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

November 18, 2013, 05:20:39 PMReply #782

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 18, 2013, 05:20:39 PM »
Finally! The forums are back. And now I can make a couple of more suggestions.

One, T-3B and T-4B differentiation, if at all possible. I find that the T-3B has as much or more firepower than the "newer" design for a fair bit less. The two also seem to have similar specs. The way I see it, either there's gotta be a real difference, or one's gotta go.

While I'm ok with both being in the game, I will agree to them having more or less identical abilities, and their specs being extremely similar.

Second, increased accuracy vs. fighters and bombers of all laser/maser cannon weaponry on starships.  Corvettes do their jobs fairly well. The trouble is with those ships that aren't corvettes (Enforcer, Immobilizer, Assault Frigate. etc.) that have laser cannons and still can't hit the broad side of a barn with them. I don't know if this plus creating reserve capacities will swing the balance of power away from fighters (I like this mod in no small part because of what fighters are capable of), but there's fighter dominance...and then there's fighter dominance. It's all well and good to have fighters that'll go down in one hit, but first you have to land that hit.

I do agree here.  Enforcers were supposed to be quite good against fighters, and in game they're mostly useless unless it's a single fighter squadron.

Third, some kind of enhancement of the Marauder Cruiser, as I believe I may or may not have said before. At 1900 credits you could, with perhaps a general accuracy boost (vs. all targets), have some cheap but pretty good (if fragile) firepower. As it stands right now it seems to be useless. I, however, do not believe this is the intent. I'm fairly certain it would've been cut by now if that was the case.

But the AI certainly does love building a whole bunch of them.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!