Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 267109 times)

October 07, 2013, 04:48:39 PMReply #760

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #760 on: October 07, 2013, 04:48:39 PM »
I also have a suggestion for the AT-AT the way they are, I feel they are too fragile for what they really are. I would increase  bit it's armor and would add the medium cannos on each side of the head. Of course I don't mean to do it an OP unit, this upgrades would also have a higher cost arround 1700 credits, making it the most expensive ground unit in GC. If you think I'm trying to OP the AT-AT then you should compare it with the T-4B it cost 600, 3 tanks per company and they can easily beat an AT-AT
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

October 08, 2013, 09:44:41 AMReply #761

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 08, 2013, 09:44:41 AM »
I was thinking: Isard has three GCs with her in it, Era 3 has 2 GCs, but the other eras have only one. That made me think about Empires at War: since that is a non-canonical GC, maybe you could have it be a different era than Isard. In particular, i was thinking Era 4, because although the Empire is not at its strongest they can build the Tector and the Crimson Command VSD 2, giving them an edge in combat still.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

October 08, 2013, 10:41:57 AMReply #762

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 08, 2013, 10:41:57 AM »
Fair point, and not a bad idea.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 08, 2013, 02:45:33 PMReply #763

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 08, 2013, 02:45:33 PM »
I was thinking: Isard has three GCs with her in it, Era 3 has 2 GCs, but the other eras have only one. That made me think about Empires at War: since that is a non-canonical GC, maybe you could have it be a different era than Isard. In particular, i was thinking Era 4, because although the Empire is not at its strongest they can build the Tector and the Crimson Command VSD 2, giving them an edge in combat still.

That kind of defeats the purpose of the GC; it's supposed to be a fight between the Imperial factions, so era 1 is the only time it works. By Era 4, the Warlords are all gone, and the Pentastar Alignment is gone. For the Warlords, era 1 or 2 works, but for the PA it has to be era 1. This is really part of the overall reasoning for why the GCs are more bottom heavy. The later eras had the factions a lot more united, so all we can really do are larger and smaller versions of the existing GCs, whereas in the earlier eras we can have different combinations of factions.

For Isard, the Fractured Empire/Stars Align GCs only exist seperately because of the point at which the PA was added. Honestly, they should be the same GC.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 08, 2013, 08:18:55 PMReply #764

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 08, 2013, 08:18:55 PM »
It only defeats the purpose if you set it in a particular year (7 ABY I think). If you made it an Infinities GC, then it wouldn't really matter. I understand your point completely though. For that matter, the Duskhan League (whom I believe is in there) wouldn't really fit into the timeline either, since they didn't enter he scene until around Era 4 (or am I wrong here). Either way, I would enjoy another GC set in Era 4. While Reunification is fun and Essence of War is always available to play through, I sometimes want to play as the Remnant in Era 4 without the stress of Reunification and the long attempts to kill the SSD heroes in the multi eras.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

October 08, 2013, 10:16:44 PMReply #765

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 08, 2013, 10:16:44 PM »
It only defeats the purpose if you set it in a particular year (7 ABY I think). If you made it an Infinities GC, then it wouldn't really matter. I understand your point completely though. For that matter, the Duskhan League (whom I believe is in there) wouldn't really fit into the timeline either, since they didn't enter he scene until around Era 4 (or am I wrong here).

The Yevethans do fit into the timeline. There's a huge difference between inactive/otherwise engaged and destroyed. The Empire of the Hand and the Yevetha both fit the former during the timeperiod in which the GC is set but that doesn't preclude them from being involved in a war once you change the starting conditions. Not existing does. They were also the only ones in the position to serve an important gameplay function.

It only defeats the purpose if you set it in a particular year (7 ABY I think). If you made it an Infinities GC, then it wouldn't really matter. I understand your point completely though.

The point of the Empires at War GC is to portray the fact that there is in fact an "Imperial Civil War" going on and just focusing on that; it's in the title. So, if we're doing a GC based around that, the timeperiod that makes the most sense is the one where there's actually different Imperial groups who have some claim to being the real Empire. The reason From the Ground Up is called an "Infinities" GC is because there's absolutely no way to structure that within the period, and it was the only way to make it somewhat balanceable, which in the case of FTGU are totally worth the result since that was the only option to get a valuable game mod and the sacrifices made sense for the goals. If we were to just take a handful of Imperial groups from different time periods and slop them together, on the other hand, you're really only doing it to fill some sort of era quota (which it incidentally doesn't since it's not actually set in any era) while missing out on the opportunity to make it more immersive by setting it somewhere recognizeable, and you introduce a lot of extra problems about how to structure it since you're pretty much transporting multiple overlapping territories across time.

If you want more GCs in the later eras, that's a different issue; the solution isn't to toss Empires at War into a blender.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:18:21 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 09, 2013, 01:18:48 AMReply #766

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 09, 2013, 01:18:48 AM »
I get it now. Thanks, I figured an Infinities GC was just a blendered Era GC. I see now the reason for making it the Empire under Isard.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

October 12, 2013, 01:31:38 PMReply #767

Offline Augustus Lucius Flavius

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 12, 2013, 01:31:38 PM »
If it is not too late is there a chance that you could put together a GC for the creation of the EotH? I think it would be pretty cool to control them through all of the early campaign's against the unknown region powers.
I am Augustus Lucius Flavius the future Emperor of Terra, Chancellor of Mars, and Governor of the Lunar colonies.

October 12, 2013, 06:49:02 PMReply #768

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 12, 2013, 06:49:02 PM »
While I agree it would be neat, it would be REALLY time consuming to create the various unknown regions factions from the ground up (since we know almost nothing about their ships) just to have them as such a minor faction.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 12, 2013, 09:29:28 PMReply #769

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 12, 2013, 09:29:28 PM »
This isn't so much a suggestion to the game-play itself, but getting TR to focus more on multiplayer rather than just single player galactic conquest would make this Mod that much more popular. TR already has a number of factions, further diversifying them in multiplayer skirmish (most likely the would be most popular multiplayer TR games) would only add more to the game, for each player to chose the faction they strategically prefer, or just because they like that faction, only even more unique. It shouldn't be hard at all for TR to obtain a community bigger than the current FoC one, since hardly anyone, even compared to EaW's, plays on FoC.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:41:56 PM by Blackout »

October 13, 2013, 12:39:12 AMReply #770

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 13, 2013, 12:39:12 AM »
If it is not too late is there a chance that you could put together a GC for the creation of the EotH? I think it would be pretty cool to control them through all of the early campaign's against the unknown region powers.

Suggested this quite a few times actually. All times it was shot down for logical and sound reasons.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

October 13, 2013, 12:04:30 PMReply #771

Offline Augustus Lucius Flavius

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 13, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »
Ok just checking.
I am Augustus Lucius Flavius the future Emperor of Terra, Chancellor of Mars, and Governor of the Lunar colonies.

October 14, 2013, 09:38:37 PMReply #772

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 14, 2013, 09:38:37 PM »
Is there any way to make your Golans survive after your shipyard has been destroyed? I won the battle with boh Golans intact but having lost my space station, and I thus had no Golans orbiting when the next fleet came.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

October 14, 2013, 09:43:53 PMReply #773

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 14, 2013, 09:43:53 PM »
That's odd because I swear mine do survive when I have the same thing happen...is this on any planet?

October 15, 2013, 01:00:23 AMReply #774

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 15, 2013, 01:00:23 AM »
IDK, it happened on Kessel in Reunification.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

October 15, 2013, 02:35:43 PMReply #775

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 15, 2013, 02:35:43 PM »
I'll have to try it if I have time.  I swear it's happened to me and they're still there.

I've also had a battle where I destroyed them around Coruscant and then retreated because I was taking too much damage (leaving the fleet and a shipyards intact), and when I came back (not even 1/2 week gametime) they had 4 golan I's in orbit...

October 20, 2013, 08:25:30 PMReply #776

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 20, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »
An idea for Operation Shadow Hand for the Imperial Remnant: start with only the Warlord heroes, Pellaeon and Veers, and only being able to build Era 2 Tech. Once they capture Coruscant they gain Palpatine and Sedriss, as well as the Era 3 ships and vehicles.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

November 03, 2013, 02:31:09 PMReply #777

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 03, 2013, 02:31:09 PM »
An idea for Operation Shadow Hand for the Imperial Remnant: start with only the Warlord heroes, Pellaeon and Veers, and only being able to build Era 2 Tech. Once they capture Coruscant they gain Palpatine and Sedriss, as well as the Era 3 ships and vehicles.
i don't think that would be a good idea.
It would make things toodiferent.
Everyone would right away go to cap. Coruscant, and you are where you were before...
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

November 03, 2013, 07:53:17 PMReply #778

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 03, 2013, 07:53:17 PM »
Plus it makes no sense.  Pally didn't congregate on Coruscant.  He came from Byss and launched his offensive from there.

November 03, 2013, 08:36:47 PMReply #779

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 03, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »
I have a suggestion for the Survinving. I don't know how the credits work there, but why not making a bonus sistem? something like if you win the wave before certain time, you get a credit bonus. Or something more complicated, credit bonus spread trought the map and you can collect them with ships (not fighters)
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!