Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 265785 times)

September 01, 2012, 02:30:55 PMReply #60

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 02:30:55 PM »
To continue with the theme of the backwater Imperial world which we know used older technology for its garrisons, we've been thinking about putting the V-19 Torrent in for them. We have a pretty damn good looking model for it, and it was, according to some of the roleplaying games, relegated to backwater Imperial duty; perfect for what we need. I don't know how much I want to remove TIE Fighters from them, however, especially early on. They're still Imperial, even if they're backwater Imperial/FotR dumping ground.

I like that idea, anything to make them slightly more unique and less just the IR with a different leader and slightly altered ground trooops, and the Torrents had a few concs to give them a multipurpose fighter like the X-Wing.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

September 01, 2012, 04:54:22 PMReply #61

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-14
  • I'm not saying anything...Crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 04:54:22 PM »
Why not the tie oppressor you have a reason aside from you'd rather avoid going into more and more obscure TIEs for them.

September 01, 2012, 04:59:06 PMReply #62

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2012, 04:59:06 PM »
Why not the tie oppressor you have a reason aside from you'd rather avoid going into more and more obscure TIEs for them.

Personally speaking, that's as good a reason as any to me.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

September 01, 2012, 06:06:40 PMReply #63

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2012, 06:06:40 PM »
The question to ask isn't "why not add x", it's "why add x, and what are the other options for the role that x fills".

The TIE Oppressor and Aggressor are both pretty much filling the same roles to begin with, but that same role is better filled in my opinion by the V-19. The TIE Oppressor and Aggressor were both experimental projects, and ended up being pretty rare, whereas the V-19 is something that was definitely relegated to the worlds that would end up in the Pentastar Alignment. Tarkin made Oversector Outer more prominent, so they could have some rarer stuff, but that's already represented with the TIE Hunter for fighters.

That's why we usually prefer suggestions to include reasons why it should be implemented, and where you think it should be implemented. Just linking to Wookie articles isn't a great way to convince us something is worth doing; it's very unlikely you're going to find a ship that we don't already know about.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 01, 2012, 07:18:20 PMReply #64

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2012, 07:18:20 PM »
Just trying to help :-[

September 01, 2012, 07:24:21 PMReply #65

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2012, 07:24:21 PM »
I'm not saying you aren't, I'm trying to give you ways to more effectively get what you want in.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 02, 2012, 12:35:01 AMReply #66

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2012, 12:35:01 AM »
For 2.1 can you buy more Nova Troopers  :) because i don't like how the storm troopers can't crouch for cover.
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

September 02, 2012, 04:31:30 PMReply #67

Offline PimpBacca

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2012, 04:31:30 PM »
Any chanch we will ever see the second Imperium?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Second_Imperium

Jason Fry states on page 16 of his end notes to The Essential Guide to Warfare that it was Daala leading them along.
http://jasonfry.tumblr.com/post/27417920547/eg-to-warfare-endnotes-pt-16
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:44:16 PM by Mr Countryside »

September 02, 2012, 05:03:54 PMReply #68

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2012, 05:03:54 PM »
They were still pretty minor, and there's nowhere to put them unless we made a new GC for them, which I don't think is worth it. They existed after the peace treaty was signed between the IR and NR, and the only extensions we make past 19ABY are for technology in era 5, there's no GC actually set between 19 and 23 ABY.

September 02, 2012, 06:47:39 PMReply #69

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2012, 06:47:39 PM »
Me and Enceladus were casually discussing this (read as: Nothing in this post should be taken as something we definitely intend to do), and we thought a potential way to fit in some units for the PA would be a kind of sideline advancement type seperate from eras. Considering how much of the PA was centeredt on corporations, we may be able to make somethign where you "buy" a merger with the Corporate Sector and get access to some of the ships and vehicles they had, which would include some of the previously suggested ships and vehicles.

I think this could be expanded upon with a lot of promise.  Here's my tweak of the idea.  The PA needs to conquer certain planets to buy more tech and access to units.  This offers incentive to expand and conquer just as the NR has incentive to improve their tech by killing IR leaders and IR has incentive to keep their leaders alive to a point.

This opens the door for the PA to have all sorts of old tech or obscure tech (doesn't HAVE to be old or obscure, just fyi) that will make it different from the IR and also more fun to play!

I think turning the PA into a power that searches to tech would be a lot of fun and has a lot of different options.
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

September 02, 2012, 07:19:10 PMReply #70

melbournelad

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2012, 07:19:10 PM »
They were still pretty minor, and there's nowhere to put them unless we made a new GC for them, which I don't think is worth it. They existed after the peace treaty was signed between the IR and NR, and the only extensions we make past 19ABY are for technology in era 5, there's no GC actually set between 19 and 23 ABY.

So no plans to include a GC in the last few years before the Vong War?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 07:21:30 PM by melbournelad »

September 02, 2012, 08:05:04 PMReply #71

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2012, 08:05:04 PM »
I think this could be expanded upon with a lot of promise.  Here's my tweak of the idea.  The PA needs to conquer certain planets to buy more tech and access to units.  This offers incentive to expand and conquer just as the NR has incentive to improve their tech by killing IR leaders and IR has incentive to keep their leaders alive to a point.

This opens the door for the PA to have all sorts of old tech or obscure tech (doesn't HAVE to be old or obscure, just fyi) that will make it different from the IR and also more fun to play!

I think turning the PA into a power that searches to tech would be a lot of fun and has a lot of different options.

I agree also The tie oppressor should be added so they have a unique Bomber like the have a unique fighter aka the TIE Hunter which is also obscure.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 08:12:58 PM by mynameisyou »

September 02, 2012, 08:14:18 PMReply #72

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »
It would be better to simply switch them over to the Skipray Blastboat, since they already have units that use them.

September 02, 2012, 09:37:53 PMReply #73

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »
I think this could be expanded upon with a lot of promise.  Here's my tweak of the idea.  The PA needs to conquer certain planets to buy more tech and access to units.  This offers incentive to expand and conquer just as the NR has incentive to improve their tech by killing IR leaders and IR has incentive to keep their leaders alive to a point.

Well we're still pretty limited in what we can do to unlock and lock units for them. They can't use their own lock/unlock events like other factions can, which means new stuff via conquering is pretty much out of the question. It's why they don't have their own planet capture rewards. And the point with the CSA is the faction is heavily based on corporations, as far as war goes it was largely neutral until it felt it had the resources to confront the NR (which it never actually did, directly).

To get more technical, the basic limit of what we can do basically involves spawning a free building with every planet they capture, and that's what's used as a prereq for what's considered "era 1", "era 2" we just didn't have to use that script yet because they didn't have enough units to be worth locking anything out as eras progress. However, that would still be basically binary, it's either set x or not x, you can't make it different combinations based on what they control.

So no plans to include a GC in the last few years before the Vong War?

No, because nothing interesting happened in that period. Certainly nothing a GC could be made out of. The Remnant and NR were the only two galactic powers worth speaking of in the known galaxy, and they were at peace. There were one or two Imperial holdout groups, but they never did anthing worth covering in the mod. The Second Imperium, for example, along with the Empire Reborn, were each essentially tiny single-planet holdouts, at best.

September 02, 2012, 10:53:19 PMReply #74

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2012, 10:53:19 PM »
Can a cost system be implemented for starfighter complement replenishment? Right now you can hit and run, or swarm with "free" fighters if you're the the NR or EotH. Now I know you can't force a replenishment system since they're spawned from each capital ship, carrier, and frigate. But how about incurring a cost at the end of each battle?

I noticed a field in the XMLs for the units called <Score_Cost_Credits> which doesn't seem to be in play. Is that value used for those victory screen calculations? Can you use that value attached to each starfighter squadron to asses a cost after each battle for replenishment? For instance, If I enter a battle with an MC80 and I lose one of the X-wing squadrons, after the battle maybe it would cost me 50 credits, since that X-wing squadron will be available again instantly in the next battle. Now of course the cost should be much less, say, 20% or 25% of the actual cost of the squadron. Also you could take out the cost for squadrons spawned by destroyed ships.

Economically-wise, this might require a negative (debt that simply prevents you from building more but otherwise doesn't hurt) credit balance, or you could incur an income (for the upcoming week) penalty.

This fits well with the navies in play, as the IR's cheap disposable fighters are supposed to be easy to replenish but the NR's fighter are supposed to be cost more and be tougher to replace. I'd imagine clawcraft would be the similar.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:54:14 AM by yutpaeksi »
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

September 03, 2012, 05:39:55 PMReply #75

MawDrallin

« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2012, 05:39:55 PM »
I'm a first time poster, long time lurker, and I've been playing ICW 2.0 for a few days and I have a couple of suggestions:

1: First, I'd like to see Grand General Malcor Brashin added as a hero for the IR in Era 1. My reason for this he was in the mod originally and long time ago, and he was in charge of the defense of Coruscant when the NR invaded. I presume before he was removed because of his horrible icon, which is understandable. But now that you (the TR Dev Team) have access to an icon artist, you would be able to make a new icon for him. If he was to be added in, he could have his personnel SD in space (which because the IR already has so many ISD Heroes in this era, he doesn't really have to have it) and on land he could command an A9 Floating Fortress, which we know the IR used at this time (X-wing: Wedge's Gamble wasn't it?) and it is already in the game.

2: In Final Imperial Push, you have Natasi Daala and the Scylla as a hero, because at this time she was in command of the Replacement Warlords. However, in the mod you have her located along with the main Imperial Forces (the old Pentastar Alignment). For 2.1, it would be a little more canon for her to be located at one of the Deep Core planets, whose forces she commanded. I know its small, but hey, that's one more reason to do it ;D

3: Also in Final Imperial Push, one of the things I've seen mentioned somewhere on these forums is that some people wanted Kuat added in this GC, so the IR could get a corporation to use as a boost to their production when they capture it, but Corey stated that if Kuat was added in, that would just give the NR another shipyard to add to their considerable question. However, to satisfy everyone, what if KDY could be built on Gyndine, just for this GC? It's already in the GC and KDY had several shipyards over the planet.

September 05, 2012, 07:18:16 PMReply #76

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2012, 07:18:16 PM »
I think you should move the Immobilizer 418 cruisers price from 9000 down to 7000 and move the Interdictor-class Star Destroyer up to 10000

September 05, 2012, 10:32:09 PMReply #77

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »
A couple of suggestions:

1) The Carrack cruiser was praised for its speed, so maybe it should be given a boost engine power ability, to make it a bit more useful as a picket ship.
2) I like what someone said about the PA having older tech. I was thinking that maybe The PA could have only VSD and ISD mark 1's buildable until Kuat is captured. When it is captured, KDY can be built for the PA, and then VSD and ISD mark 2's can be built only at Kuat. This could somewhat make up for the fact that they have two SSD's throughout all five eras and can build Praetors in all levels.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 06, 2012, 01:13:34 PMReply #78

Offline KierenHorn

• Stormtrooper
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »
The audio has come a long way. I'm still amazed at the customization provided in 2.0, seriously you guys have taken this mod to a whole new level and it's just absolutely fantastic. Still, not every unit has its own voice. I'm sure plenty of people have offered to lend their voices for this, do you have a method for them to send you audio files? Or something?

September 06, 2012, 01:23:41 PMReply #79

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »
I'm sure plenty of people have offered to lend their voices for this, do you have a method for them to send you audio files? Or something?

Actually, very few people have and I rarely ever hear from them after the first email. Also very few of those that do are really old enough to sound right in whatever role they're trying to, and most don't have especially good microphones and whatnot. All of the stuff we have now is from Lord Xizer and his group of friends/contacts.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!