Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 265786 times)

August 22, 2012, 01:30:29 AMReply #20

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 01:30:29 AM »
I'm new this is my first post yay ;D but anyway I think you so sould add the  Lucrehulk-class battleship the AT-TE and the Providence-class carrier/destroyer to the Pentastar Alignment. they need more clone wars stuff to make them different from the IR .

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lucrehulk-class_battleship

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Tactical_Enforcer

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Providence-class_carrier/destroyer

The Lucrehulk class battleship wouldn't make sense as it was the staple of the Trade Federation, which was completely disbanded and it's ships decommissioned or scrapped.

The Providence also wouldn't make much sense either as it was developed by the Quarren near Dac and also was phased out at the end of the Clone Wars.

The AT TE sounds more reasonable though and might well have been part of the PA, but they DID have ATATs as the staple heavy unit by that time, and the PA IS an Imperial offshoot of the Empire so they would have a lot of Imperial equipment.

The Muunificents are part of the PA due to the Intergalactic Banking Clan on Muunilinst(under the supervision of Humans) still had a navy for security of investments, so long as the vessels were manned by loyal Imperials and behaved themselves.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

August 22, 2012, 08:19:54 AMReply #21

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-14
  • I'm not saying anything...Crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 08:19:54 AM »

Cool I was just looking around wookieepedia for stuff that might fit you know trying to help don?t know much about Star Wars history other then Revan is cool and imps are epic. :) And you might have missed these.

The spider droids were used by the empire so add to IR or PA and this ship for the PA 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DSD1_dwarf_spider_droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Recusant-class_light_destroyer
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:44:27 AM by mynameisyou »

August 22, 2012, 02:04:11 PMReply #22

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 02:04:11 PM »
The Recusant falls under the same category as the other non-IGC CIS units, and the problems with the DSD are more logistical than anything. As far as the AT-TE, I wouldn't be opposed to having it replace the AT-AT for them after era 2 or something.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 22, 2012, 02:13:38 PMReply #23

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-14
  • I'm not saying anything...Crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 02:13:38 PM »
Sweet glad to help. ;D

« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 04:00:58 PM by mynameisyou »

August 22, 2012, 09:32:22 PMReply #24

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »
The Recusant falls under the same category as the other non-IGC CIS units, and the problems with the DSD are more logistical than anything. As far as the AT-TE, I wouldn't be opposed to having it replace the AT-AT for them after era 2 or something.

Although if you do that, they really should get the AT-AT in era 1 (currently in patch5, it's only era2+).
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 22, 2012, 09:52:47 PMReply #25

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
Yeah, I already changed that when I gave them the AT-AA or whatever it was.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 22, 2012, 10:12:55 PMReply #26

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 10:12:55 PM »
Oh, cool.  AT-TE is my favorite ground forces there are.  Nowhere near as capable as the AT-AT in the games that have them, but so much cooler looking.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 22, 2012, 10:13:58 PMReply #27

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »
Also they have 6 legs. That's 50% more legs.

August 22, 2012, 10:15:32 PMReply #28

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 10:15:32 PM »
Big, destructive beetles...

August 22, 2012, 10:35:04 PMReply #29

Offline ArcHeavyGunner

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012, 10:35:04 PM »
Also they have 6 legs. That's 50% more legs.

But do the fire 66% more bullet per bullet?.........I meant to say laser.
Long live the New Republic!
I'm not dead!
(apparently...)

August 23, 2012, 04:39:57 AMReply #30

Offline zadedx

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 04:39:57 AM »
My suggestion for 2.1 if possible to add heroes in from the ground up GC if possible  -_^

August 23, 2012, 06:02:26 AMReply #31

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 06:02:26 AM »
Although if you do that, they really should get the AT-AT in era 1 (currently in patch5, it's only era2+).
Yeah, I already changed that when I gave them the AT-AA or whatever it was.
You never told me this. :(
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

August 25, 2012, 01:58:38 PMReply #32

Offline MMM2409

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 01:58:38 PM »
i dont know if this has already been suggested but how about adding more eras?
and how about making an all-era campaign like in UEaW?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:01:57 PM by MMM2409 »

August 25, 2012, 02:32:22 PMReply #33

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 02:32:22 PM »
What would the extra eras be? Going forward into the Vong side of things would be better suited to be its own mod if we even wanted to do it. We've considered doing a Galactic Civil War pre-Endor GC, which is the only real way to expand the mod without getting to a point where it would be better as a standalone.

There already are two all-era GCs where you progressive through the different parts of the timneline we cover, Art of War and Art of War Light (renamed to Essence of War in 2.0).

If by eras, you're using them in the general canon classification sense, as in KOTOR era, Clone Wars Era, GCW era, New Republic Era, Vong era, etc that I believe UEaW also used where you have one mod and play through essentially every single major time period in Star Wars history, then there's some huge problems with doing it, in my opinion.

The first and I think simplest reason is really that if you want a mod in each of those time periods, then make a mod in each of those time periods. The way we do eras in ICW works because it's all still part of one cohesive conflict. If you take all of those other major eras, you've got multiple factions with nothing that ties them together. If you want to make some distinction between light side and dark side, then that's I guess one binary way to link it all together but it still doesn't really work. You're way better off with four or five seperate mods to cover each one. You're not gaining any sort of storytelling benefits from combining them.

The next reason is workload and the logistics behind making it. You basically are making five seperate mods, you're just combining them into one. This would result in a really pointlessly big file for the mod to cover all of the different planets, ships, vehicles and whatnot you would need to have a decently fleshed out unit list for each faction. All of this would also mean a hell of a lot more work involved in making it.This may sound like a lazy excuse not to do work, but mods that focus on just one era are really hard to do, and take years as it is. Doing all of those eras in one mod takes that workload and multiplies it by 5. Chances are it wouldn't get anywhere near finished, and if it did every faction would be so bare-bones as to not really be worth playing. You're removing the character from each era in order to get more eras, basically.

August 25, 2012, 03:03:05 PMReply #34

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 03:03:05 PM »
I agree with that sentiment.  UEaW took a long time and still never finished.  It was a monumental task.  There already is a good clone wars mod and hopefully a good Vong and Legacy mod on the way.  Putting them all together... that would be huge.
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

August 25, 2012, 03:57:16 PMReply #35

Offline MMM2409

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »
yeah you are right about the eras

There already are two all-era GCs where you progressive through the different parts of the timneline we cover, Art of War and Art of War Light (renamed to Essence of War in 2.0).
well i mean a real campaign which follows the story of the new republic or the imperial remnant, including the important battles, etc.

August 25, 2012, 04:04:58 PMReply #36

Offline Calamitasi

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • No jobs regarding banthas, I'll name my price.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 04:04:58 PM »
Perhaps a Turbulent-class Star Destroyer?  Has heavy armoring and hangers, you make a great heavy-carrier type ship.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Turbulent-class_Star_Destroyer

Also Pellaeon died on one.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 04:06:32 PM by CascadianAura »

August 25, 2012, 04:15:56 PMReply #37

Offline MMM2409

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »
well they are from the second galactic civil war, which is over a decade after the the Vong War.

but how including some Mandalorians (if there arent some already), for exampe as elite troppers?

August 25, 2012, 04:20:40 PMReply #38

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 04:20:40 PM »
Also Pellaeon died on one.

That would also be a good reason to destroy every Turbulent ever built and strike the records of the class ever existing from the history books.

August 25, 2012, 04:54:57 PMReply #39

Offline Calamitasi

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • No jobs regarding banthas, I'll name my price.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »
Oh yes, I forgot about the era it existed, its pretty far out there.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!