Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 265780 times)

September 07, 2012, 02:24:43 AMReply #80

Offline Rissien

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2012, 02:24:43 AM »
If you need another voice for future patches etc id be willing to help

September 07, 2012, 05:57:09 AMReply #81

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2012, 05:57:09 AM »
Anyone who wants to "audition" can still send samples to ThrawnsRevenge@Gmail.com

I don't want to come across as overly critical of the people who've volunteered in the past whose submissions we haven't been able to use; the audio stuff is hard enough to get sounding right ingame at the best of times, so even md-range quality mics are a bit iffy, and a lot of the characters we're trying to cover are quite a bit older than what I think the general playerbase is, as well as myself which is part of why I'm not in the mod either. That and I'd probably cringe every time I heard myself ingame.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 07, 2012, 11:44:21 AMReply #82

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2012, 11:44:21 AM »
Corey, did you not receive my Dreadnaught and Cronus VOs I had sent a few weeks back?
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 08, 2012, 01:01:06 AMReply #83

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2012, 01:01:06 AM »
Heres a suggestion more structures like Farms on domesticated planets like when you build a farm it grants you extra money, and provides a 25% health boost when playing on that map or like a special factory that when you buy it it builds like one victory star destroyer a day or like builds 5 stormtroopers a day or something so when you already brought the structure they keep building units for you :).
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

September 08, 2012, 01:17:24 AMReply #84

Offline StarWarsSupremeCommander

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2012, 01:17:24 AM »
That's a good suggestion. Perhaps a building like local academy that provides troops and maybe some kind of factory that provides certain units( outdated, since most of those factories are probably old)

September 08, 2012, 01:22:31 AMReply #85

Offline z741

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
  • Harbinger of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2012, 01:22:31 AM »
this could be problematic. say you are the IR and you want a ton of walkers, well theyd all end up in the barges and if an enemy decides to attack and you got no fleet guess what

you are SOL on all those wasted credits.

i like the idea but too many issues with it
Why are people popular in America?
The reason for popularity in America is not because of the media
It is the haters!

September 08, 2012, 01:25:18 AMReply #86

Offline StarWarsSupremeCommander

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2012, 01:25:18 AM »
That is true, there might be balancing issues that could make a particular faction OP or underpowered. I myself think that NR is OP.

September 08, 2012, 01:36:41 AMReply #87

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2012, 01:36:41 AM »
That's a good suggestion. Perhaps a building like local academy that provides troops and maybe some kind of factory that provides certain units( outdated, since most of those factories are probably old)

Yeah  :)

this could be problematic. say you are the IR and you want a ton of walkers, well theyd all end up in the barges and if an enemy decides to attack and you got no fleet guess what

you are SOL on all those wasted credits.

i like the idea but too many issues with it

I see what you mean maybe there should be a cap like when it reaches a certain number of units it says you have to move them to another planet but i guess you could retreat and save some units because they do take a while to get to you and by the time they do you can call for a retreat but i see your point.

That is true, there might be balancing issues that could make a particular faction OP or underpowered. I myself think that NR is OP.

Well maybe different units for each one because the NR is overpowered i agree with you but they did a pretty good job at balancing.

Also maybe a unit in space that repairs capital ships by going into them when in a battle them and does one hard point at a time which one you choose something like this:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/M13

EDIT: or you could upgrade your shipyard so that it repairs your ships
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 01:40:26 AM by bisszy4ever »
The 501st Never Run!!

September 08, 2012, 11:40:04 AMReply #88

MawDrallin

« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2012, 11:40:04 AM »
I also have a few additional suggestions:

*For the NR, since you have to capture Myrkr to gain Karrde, you should probably do the same with Mara Jade, since she was his second-in-command. And a similar mission, if the New Republic captures New Cov, they gain Garm Bel Iblis and a few Katana Dreadnaughts.

*For another IR Mission, in Era 2, you could take Thrawn with an attack force and capture Sluis Van, and in result gain several Mon Calamari Cruisers.

September 08, 2012, 02:43:27 PMReply #89

Offline z741

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
  • Harbinger of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »
*For the NR, since you have to capture Myrkr to gain Karrde, you should probably do the same with Mara Jade, since she was his second-in-command. And a similar mission, if the New Republic captures New Cov, they gain Garm Bel Iblis and a few Katana Dreadnaughts.

*For another IR Mission, in Era 2, you could take Thrawn with an attack force and capture Sluis Van, and in result gain several Mon Calamari Cruisers.

I agree with you here, since it is technically canon. id like to see more missions in the GCs personally i like optional off to the side missions as well as needed missions like in the original GC for EAW
Why are people popular in America?
The reason for popularity in America is not because of the media
It is the haters!

September 10, 2012, 10:22:36 PMReply #90

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2012, 10:22:36 PM »
Not quite as easy as it sounds actually. The stormies use a unique animation when they're dropped from the AT-AT IIRC.

Yes, this is correct, and if you try to drop anything else from them it doesn't work right, I tried modding some other mod a while back to have an upgraded AT-AT that was in the mod drop more elite troops, and every type of infantry i tried either caused the game to crash, or they would not work once they  hit the ground. You can use the stormtrooper variation models, I.E snowtrooper, sandtrooper, and reskin them and give them different stats and such, but other than that, it'd probably be more trouble than it's worth to get it to work.

September 10, 2012, 10:28:19 PMReply #91

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2012, 10:28:19 PM »
Well it'd work if another anim was just renamed to it, like the falling one. That'd be a little less elegant though.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 13, 2012, 07:14:59 AMReply #92

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2012, 07:14:59 AM »
Here's a suggestion for 2.1 storm troopers can crouch for cover i miss that in 1.3.
Edit:Maybe The first At-At during the clone wars for the PA.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 07:21:02 AM by bisszy4ever »
The 501st Never Run!!

September 13, 2012, 02:05:57 PMReply #93

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2012, 02:05:57 PM »
I had a suggestion for a new Infinities map perhaps for multiplayer. The Playable Factions would be the NR, PA, and the EotH. It would be shaped like a hybrid sp2 atomic orbital (look it up, it has three lobes at 120 degrees from each other. It would be entitled Race to the Core, and thus the central planet would be Coruscant. Each of the playable factions would begin at the most advanced tech level (I'm guessing level five) And would be given two planets: a home world and a capital shipyard. The goal is of course to destroy the other factions, but there is a secondary goal of capturing Coruscant. Capturing Coruscant would give you a huge credit boost, and since it would be at the convergence of the three "lobes" of planets, you could accumulate you entire fleet over that one planet. However, in order to get to the Core, the factions would have to push through the other planets in your "lobe" all of which are controlled by an extremely aggressive IR non playable AI at its strongest tech level (I'm guessing level 3). This just sounded cool, as the first third of the game would require immediate and efficient mobilization of your forces, followed by the slow and steady pace of a normal battle.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 14, 2012, 04:33:25 AMReply #94

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2012, 04:33:25 AM »
I also have a few additional suggestions:

This was probably something we should have done from the start.

This is definitely a mission we'd like to do, but these missions took quite a bit of work so we'd probably be better off prioritizing something

As for the building that periodically spawns stuff like that, we've thought about a building whose sole purposes was spawning stuff in the tactical battles, but as far as spawning them in the galactic map, that wouldn't work out well. Planets would essentially start overflowing with multiple versions of the same unit, and the point of the game is to give players control over what they're doing. If people want a unit, they can build it. There's already enough issues that occur when there's too many units involved, and we wouldn't want to exacerbate them in a way that really doesn't expand your options for gameplay.

September 14, 2012, 08:24:27 PMReply #95

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2012, 08:24:27 PM »
As for the building that periodically spawns stuff like that, we've thought about a building whose sole purposes was spawning stuff in the tactical battles, but as far as spawning them in the galactic map, that wouldn't work out well. Planets would essentially start overflowing with multiple versions of the same unit, and the point of the game is to give players control over what they're doing. If people want a unit, they can build it. There's already enough issues that occur when there's too many units involved, and we wouldn't want to exacerbate them in a way that really doesn't expand your options for gameplay.

I see your point Corey and what about when the New Republic captures Star Destroyers the have the New Republic symbol on them :).
The 501st Never Run!!

September 14, 2012, 10:12:52 PMReply #96

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2012, 10:12:52 PM »
I see your point Corey and what about when the New Republic captures Star Destroyers the have the New Republic symbol on them :).

Did that ever happen in the canon? I don't know if it's worth the time and effort the team would have to go through to add the crest. Also, it's not like MCCs, or Nebulas and Endurances have a big crest on them, why would their Star Destroyers have them?
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

September 15, 2012, 01:53:53 AMReply #97

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2012, 01:53:53 AM »
Did that ever happen in the canon? I don't know if it's worth the time and effort the team would have to go through to add the crest. Also, it's not like MCCs, or Nebulas and Endurances have a big crest on them, why would their Star Destroyers have them?

It is canon i think because there is a picture about it in The Essential Guide to Warfare (2012) and i can see there is really no point for the team to put time and effort into that but i thought it would look awesome and i think they putted it on the Star Destroyers so the enemy and them no which one is on there side.
The 501st Never Run!!

September 15, 2012, 02:23:36 AMReply #98

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23:36 AM »
There's no textual references to it, and there's images that both show it and don't show it. I think it's just a stylistic thing done at the discretion of the artist, so we could do either for it, but graphically it wouldn't be as appealing. I think the team colour stripes as they are tend to be sufficient, if anything's necessary at all.

September 15, 2012, 04:39:18 PMReply #99

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-14
  • I'm not saying anything...Crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2012, 04:39:18 PM »
the Pa should have the DP20 frigate this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Pentastar_Alignment  says they do it should also have Scourge Squadron and more heros like Wyrn Otro and Ib Dekeet who could have a star destroyers also Elta Besk.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!