Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 265803 times)

September 16, 2013, 04:55:20 PMReply #740

Offline jordanthejq12

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-1
  • RIP, Expanded Universe. You will be missed.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #740 on: September 16, 2013, 04:55:20 PM »
I like it, but I think we're getting into "Is this even possible?" territory.
"Show the same loyalty you have in the past, Mandalore. If there is a Mandalorian crusade, let it be for something that will carry your people's memory into the future, so when the time comes when there are no more Mandalorians, than at least their honor will remain."
--Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

September 16, 2013, 06:03:06 PMReply #741

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 16, 2013, 06:03:06 PM »
How is it not possible? It would be the same function as the land based units loading and unloading. I doubt its not possible.

September 16, 2013, 07:18:29 PMReply #742

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 16, 2013, 07:18:29 PM »
How is it not possible? It would be the same function as the land based units loading and unloading. I doubt its not possible.

The load/unload stuff from garrisons/transports on land does not work at all in space, and none of this is anywhere near as simple as anyone's making it out to be. There's a reason it's been 7 years and no mods have included it. Pox did a script once that allowed the basic functions, but there are still a lot of problems associated with it, not the least among which nis that you're despawning and respawning things so you essentially just get a new squadron and damage doesn't carry over. I don't believe it would work with heroes at all, but I could be wrong. Pox would know more than me on this.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 16, 2013, 11:47:47 PMReply #743

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 16, 2013, 11:47:47 PM »
Yeah, I agree about the no damage thing, and that it would be a lot harder than some think to make it work. I guess it would be kind of like the individual ship retreat thing, where you could just bring them right back in with absolutely no damage done to it.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 18, 2013, 12:54:39 PMReply #744

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 18, 2013, 12:54:39 PM »
Is there a chance you make the proton torpedos a bit smaller, they look way bigger than most of bombers where they are launched from. It's a minor detail but it's quite funny
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

September 18, 2013, 03:12:00 PMReply #745

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 18, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
I actually think that the torpedo part is quite small, but the exhaust trail is mostly what you are seeing. I could be wrong about that though.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

September 18, 2013, 07:05:09 PMReply #746

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 18, 2013, 07:05:09 PM »
I actually think that the torpedo part is quite small, but the exhaust trail is mostly what you are seeing. I could be wrong about that though.
Yeah, I think you are right about it, the torpedo is small but it has that huge red exausht, It's like a huge signal that syas "Your shields won't last long"

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

September 18, 2013, 11:58:48 PMReply #747

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 18, 2013, 11:58:48 PM »
I'm just happy they don't break through shields anymore (Imagines NR Era 5 with a fighters having canon armaments and shudders). But yeah, I think they are probably going to leave them like that because it gives you an easily identifiable warning signal of doom.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

September 21, 2013, 11:54:09 PMReply #748

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 21, 2013, 11:54:09 PM »
Agreed
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 25, 2013, 07:17:24 PMReply #749

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 25, 2013, 07:17:24 PM »
How bout Spec Ops being more useful. I mentioned it before but how bout NR Commando/ Storm Commando etc. be teams of three or four with multiple weapons sniper/heavy repeating blaster/PLEX missile so that they can handle multiple threats and act like actual Spec Ops teams. That way they can fight infantry, vehicles ect. Would make them way more useful and multi-purpose role oriented like Spec Ops would be.

September 25, 2013, 09:10:38 PMReply #750

Offline Waffle Wagon

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #750 on: September 25, 2013, 09:10:38 PM »
Now that sounds like a good idea, but you would have to manage your squad very carefully since infantry get slaughtered so quickly. Running into a platoon of maulers would completely ruin your day.

October 04, 2013, 03:23:41 PMReply #751

Offline Delta104x

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-3
  • It's a Bird, It's a Plane! It's-a bird...
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: October 04, 2013, 03:23:41 PM »
I finally got a decent suggestion- Is it possible that SSDs and Sovereigns can take up an even(14 or 16) number of supply? 15 is a nightmare for my symmetry fleets.
"The pen is mightier than the sword... because you can use that pen to draw up blueprints of nuclear weapons and fire fuck bomb anyone who dares to defy you."

October 04, 2013, 04:31:35 PMReply #752

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: October 04, 2013, 04:31:35 PM »
I finally got a decent suggestion- Is it possible that SSDs and Sovereigns can take up an even(14 or 16) number of supply? 15 is a nightmare for my symmetry fleets.
You could always change the pop cap yourself :)

October 04, 2013, 04:41:37 PMReply #753

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: October 04, 2013, 04:41:37 PM »
I'll have to talk to Slornie about how to take OCD into account in balancing...
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 05, 2013, 05:53:52 AMReply #754

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: October 05, 2013, 05:53:52 AM »
More emphasis on commando actions in the Hunt For Zsinj campaign, his shadow financial Empire and destabilization agents. Perhaps a smaller themed GC like the BFC one but in the Ciutric Hegemony with two very limited ships(IE both sides don't replace losses virtually at all) with a tough emphasis on using resources and ships wisely as you can't replace them as well as other GCs
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

October 05, 2013, 09:54:40 PMReply #755

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: October 05, 2013, 09:54:40 PM »
Eriadu should be given higher stats (pop limit, buildings, space station), seeing how important it was in-universe.

October 05, 2013, 10:44:38 PMReply #756

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: October 05, 2013, 10:44:38 PM »
Yeah, I agree with that.  It was a MAJOR trading hub, it should be worth more.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 05, 2013, 11:37:58 PMReply #757

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: October 05, 2013, 11:37:58 PM »
Honestly I don't know how can everyone have population problems in this mod. I always conquer the galaxy with less than half of the population used and my forces overwhelm the enemy. They are two times the AI ones

October 06, 2013, 12:54:59 AMReply #758

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: October 06, 2013, 12:54:59 AM »
Honestly I don't know how can everyone have population problems in this mod. I always conquer the galaxy with less than half of the population used and my forces overwhelm the enemy. They are two times the AI ones

Oh, I agree with that.  Except in a few GC's where you start with NO planets practically, I can't build fast enough to keep anywhere NEAR the population limit.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 06, 2013, 11:47:17 AMReply #759

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: October 06, 2013, 11:47:17 AM »
If you are talking about Reunification with the IR then I agree with you but I'm not quite sure if Eriadu appeared in that GC. Anyway just my opinion about it and consedering what you've said about Eriadu, it makes sense

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!