Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 267260 times)

September 04, 2013, 04:08:19 PMReply #720

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #720 on: September 04, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »
But for units they only have ISD and VSD models, Thrustships, and Trifoils in space; and AT-ATs, AT-STs, and infantry on ground. That would be pretty boring. Try to add more units and it becomes a carbon copy of the IR.

As one of the very die hard proponents for adding the Yevethans to a GC as playable, I would love to see more of them but that said I do agree more unit diversity on their part would be better than just adding them into a GC that already has 3 factions.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 04, 2013, 04:22:27 PMReply #721

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 04, 2013, 04:22:27 PM »
Or it becomes another EoTH, designing basically an entire faction from the ground up because there is little canon information about them.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

September 04, 2013, 09:42:38 PMReply #722

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 04, 2013, 09:42:38 PM »
If the Yevethans may be limited but there is potential for greatness there if it could be done. Maybe some pirate ships Interceptor V comes to mind from FoC.

If Yevethans are too limited and hard to work with then I'd to bring up the Hutts again. I mean the Empire was reluctant to do war with them, and even during the Republic's hay day they didn't want to mess with them. There are Hutt units already made idk... It'd be an interesting addition...

September 04, 2013, 10:35:32 PMReply #723

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 04, 2013, 10:35:32 PM »
If the Yevethans may be limited but there is potential for greatness there if it could be done. Maybe some pirate ships Interceptor V comes to mind from FoC.

If Yevethans are too limited and hard to work with then I'd to bring up the Hutts again. I mean the Empire was reluctant to do war with them, and even during the Republic's hay day they didn't want to mess with them. There are Hutt units already made idk... It'd be an interesting addition...

I think the Yevethan's are limited due to Bantam kinda lame ducking them in the BFC novels and then the world forgetting they existed until being made extinct by the Yuuzhan Vong-OFF SCREEN(or chapter) to add insult to injury!

As to the Hutts, believe me it wasn't military prowess that kept the Empire at bay. They made deals and were often intermediaries for many imperial deals and contracts. The Empire didn't need to conquer them, they weren't a danger to the Empire, they were helpful in a number of ways and the Empire also got a cut of the profits as long as they looked the other way. If Emperor Palpatine had wanted to he could have ravaged Hutt space as easily as he did the rest of the galaxy. If there was a sabotage and political aspect to the game that offered manipulation, bribery and extortion as a means of maintaining a Criminal Godfather like shadow empire then adding them would make sense. As it is there's really no justification to do so. Also they WERE in earlier versions, and aside from being basically cannon fodder for the other factions really brought nothing new or desirable to the table.

September 05, 2013, 11:06:21 AMReply #724

Offline kucsidave

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +44/-4
  • Don't fear your Demons. Make them fear YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 05, 2013, 11:06:21 AM »
agreed.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster.
And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche

September 06, 2013, 05:10:49 PMReply #725

Offline jordanthejq12

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-1
  • RIP, Expanded Universe. You will be missed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 06, 2013, 05:10:49 PM »

How bout dropping the T1 Tank for the Mon Cal heavy gunner! The T1 is pretty useless really, the T2 and up are better.

That's the T3-B you're thinking of, the T1-B has a flak pod. (BTW, can we put a shield bar on those?) The 3B and 4B are the ones currently indistinguishable. The problem is, since unit stats are based on canon, there's no way to change this (give the T-3B torpedoes/shields/anti-infantry cannons/whatever).

As for your suggestion, I do think the NR could use a unit like the E-Web. Making said unit a Calamari/Bothan/Wookiee/whatever has no practical purpose, however, which is what I believe Corey has said on the matter.

I would at this point like to make a few suggestions:
  • Reskin the PLEX troops and possibly Sergeants. The fancy new outfits of the Trooper and Infiltrator are rather dissonant with the old-school PLEX uniforms. Also, terrain-based skins for all and not just the PLEX?
  • Wookiees. What I'm thinking is similar to what RAW did: a couple of squads of Wookiees, available only at Kashyyyk, several times more expensive than Troopers and in smaller numbers, but just better.
  • More natives, if you're able to skin them. If Ithor is in the mod, why not have Ithorians? If Duro is available, why not Duros? Yvethan or Hapan natives in their clusters. And so on. There are a myriad of ways to adjust for the particular attributes of a species: this one's faster, that one has better gunpower, that other one is more durable, etc.
  • Minor factions: developed AIs and possibly mining facilities. I get that they're "minor", but no faction attacking me should be a pushover. The Yvetha in particular suffer a problem in BFC: if the Republic's lines hold, the Yvetha, unable to replace their losses, are in trouble. Ditto the Hapans.
  • Just curious, but what's the plan for the Pentastar FTGU? Will it be the same map in a separate GC file, or something else?
"Show the same loyalty you have in the past, Mandalore. If there is a Mandalorian crusade, let it be for something that will carry your people's memory into the future, so when the time comes when there are no more Mandalorians, than at least their honor will remain."
--Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

September 06, 2013, 07:23:17 PMReply #726

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 06, 2013, 07:23:17 PM »
Had an idea on how to make Chariots useful: give them a build limit of say 5
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 06, 2013, 07:54:38 PMReply #727

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 06, 2013, 07:54:38 PM »
Just fyi there were a few instances where Palpatine in comics and novels had mentioned that warring with the Hutts would cripple the Empire. The Hutts have planetary life debts from 3 separate races that would fight to the last sentient in their name, the Vodrans, Weequey, and one other that escapes Me right now.

I just thought that a Mon Cal EWEB would be cool because it gives a little diversity, and to honor the contributions of the Mon Cal, also because so many pics Ive found show Mon Cal with heavy weapons, so I assume they had experience with heavy weapons. Made sense, but a regular EWEB trooper for the NR works just as good.

The T1B is super useless... It's like Lukes land speeder with a cannon... I kill them with Infantry for Yoda's sake! Lol.

Reskin of Civy units like Ithorians is not gonna happen, or Duros etc. However I would like Wookiees but thats been shot down a ton already lol.

How bout having Warlords as a playable faction in some GC's?

September 06, 2013, 07:57:17 PMReply #728

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 06, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »
I like the Chariots idea... Very interesting...

September 06, 2013, 09:03:56 PMReply #729

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 06, 2013, 09:03:56 PM »
I like the Chariots idea... Very interesting...

Sorry, the forums keep cutting off my posts. What I said was to give them a build limit and make them like field commanders.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

September 06, 2013, 09:56:42 PMReply #730

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 06, 2013, 09:56:42 PM »
Still think the Hutts would have been mowed down by the Empire, I mean they were annihilated on the side by the Vong with little difficulty.

September 07, 2013, 09:59:39 PMReply #731

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 07, 2013, 09:59:39 PM »
Adding the field commander trait makes it even better! That would make Chariots pretty useful.

The Vong kicked everyone's a$$ pretty easy, whether it was Republic, Empire, Hutt, etc. they killed trillions, so that doesn't say much lol. God I hate the Vong so friggin much. Just horrible Idea, so horrible... The Ssi'ruk would have been a much more interesting invading force with their intechment capabilities... ANYTHING would have been better than the Vong! I love Ewoks and Gungans more than the Vong! Just... horrible...

I hate whiny little Cade Skywalker too...

Anyhoo, I realized that I may be the only hard core NR fan lol. Seems like everyone else like the Imp factions more.

September 07, 2013, 10:19:09 PMReply #732

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 07, 2013, 10:19:09 PM »
How bout making spec ops units more multi-purpose, making them more like spec ops teams would be. I.E. Teams of three instead of two for one, each with a different weapon, sniper, heavy blaster, and missiles so they can fight infantry and tanks. This would be for all spec ops NR, IR, PA, etc. 

September 12, 2013, 05:31:52 PMReply #733

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 12, 2013, 05:31:52 PM »
I've been playing a lot using teams of Spec Ops units Republic Commandos, Storm Commandos etc. and I really think they should definitely be reworked. Yeah they're great for scouting, and sniping Infantry, but that's it. I think they should be upped to teams of three maybe even four, with a sniper, heavy repeating blaster, and a PLEX equipped member. This would be for each factions Spec Ops and would make them way more useful and able to hold their own against infantry and vehicles, even Jedi/Dark Jedi better.

Not only would it make the teams more interesting, and multi-purpose, they'd be more like real Spec Ops units, and more like the units in comics etc. most notable the Rebel/NR units they've showed with multiple weaponry. A medic in the unit may be cool too.

September 12, 2013, 06:48:09 PMReply #734

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 12, 2013, 06:48:09 PM »
Anyhoo, I realized that I may be the only hard core NR fan lol. Seems like everyone else like the Imp factions more.
I like the NR as well; Imperial's are overrated ^^

September 12, 2013, 11:09:20 PMReply #735

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 12, 2013, 11:09:20 PM »
I like the NR as well; Imperial's are overrated ^^

To quote our prestigious mod team member Kalo

Quote from: Kalo
This is easily the worst thing I've ever seen you post.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

September 13, 2013, 07:49:37 AMReply #736

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 13, 2013, 07:49:37 AM »
This is easily the worst thing I've ever seen you post.
Just what I needed in the morning. But this is a suggestion thread, so I might as well make a suggestion: We all know that boarding ships is possible(No, this will not be another suggestion to add boarding enemy ships into the game thing), but I was thinking that fighter heroes and transport heroes should be able to board friendly capital ships. For instance, Let's say for the combat bonus or for whatever reason, I bring Mothma along with my fleet. There are only two ways I can bring Mothma into battle: either by not putting any units in the first ship slot and letting the game decided which ships to put in(also putting Mothma in a ship), or putting her in the first slot and she warpes in as a transport. Not being able to choose your fleet can very well hinder you and will make the battle more drawn out, but leaving her in a transport risks her that much more. Before this is shot down, I just want to clarify that only transport heroes, like Mothma, and fighter heroes, like Luke and Corran Horn, would be able to do this.

September 13, 2013, 09:14:14 PMReply #737

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 13, 2013, 09:14:14 PM »
Good idea, I like it.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

September 14, 2013, 03:32:09 PMReply #738

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 14, 2013, 03:32:09 PM »
I concur that is a great idea, especially since I just used Luke and Corran in a battle, and lost Corran to the 181st Tie Squadron lmao!

How bout that Spec Ops idea I have up yonder ^... It's pretty good I think... MAY not be shot down :D

September 15, 2013, 05:28:00 AMReply #739

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 15, 2013, 05:28:00 AM »
I just want to clarify that I'm thinking that it would somewhat like transports do: with right click to go and the right click on the transport or a click on the unit icon to get out :).

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!