Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 265782 times)

August 30, 2013, 04:38:14 PMReply #700

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #700 on: August 30, 2013, 04:38:14 PM »
Jerec actually did have dealings with Kaine as Kaine financially backed him and provided some military assets in his quest for the Valley of the jedi
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

August 30, 2013, 06:46:18 PMReply #701

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 30, 2013, 06:46:18 PM »
Yeah, I had never thought having Jerec part of the PA was in the least bit unusual because of that.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 30, 2013, 09:11:47 PMReply #702

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 30, 2013, 09:11:47 PM »
Should Acclamators have the same pop cap as Venators do?

Also, you could have people like Otro and Besk as PA heroes, but they only give a credit boost to whatever planet they're on (e.g Lando), Gregor just gives discounts.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 09:16:39 PM by Singularity »

August 30, 2013, 11:08:47 PMReply #703

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 30, 2013, 11:08:47 PM »
I believe so.  The reason I believe it should be as well is that Acclamators allow for planetary bombardment AND bombing runs (therefore being able to throw one into a ground fleet for assault usage for fairly low price while allowing your main fleet to move on), which the Venator, while equal or superior in every way in space battle, gives the option of bombing runs, but correctly doesn't allow for bombardments (as they were never designed to do so, since that was the job of the Acclamator-II).

And while weaker in space battle, 1 v 1 they're still stronger than either the Vindicator cruiser or Enforcer picket ship that are population 2.  So it's a weaker, but very useful, pop 3 ship.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:10:22 PM by tlmiller »
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 31, 2013, 01:04:15 AMReply #704

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 31, 2013, 01:04:15 AM »
Acclamators technically could be Land battle units

August 31, 2013, 01:09:53 AMReply #705

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: August 31, 2013, 01:09:53 AM »
That would be the Acclamator I.  The II was designed for planetary bombardment and space battle.  Had VERY few ground units anymore.

August 31, 2013, 04:23:56 AMReply #706

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 31, 2013, 04:23:56 AM »
I stand corrected

September 01, 2013, 05:14:04 PMReply #707

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 01, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »
Wow... Corey actually didn't shoot Strang down all the way... I'm kinda super happy about that lol. Why is he not a great choice? An Imperial Storm Commando is never a bad choice. Plus as said before he'd fill a land and space role. Since the PA has NO land base heroes, I think people would use him a lot, I know I would. I use Han and Chewie, or Kyle Katarn etc. tons because they are land and space heroes! Strang would be pretty BA, he could have sprint and thermal detonator as his special abilities ;).

I agree with the D'Asta comments, yeah he was there, but he was a wheeler and dealer, and not a PA member. Also Brakiss makes COMPLETE sense, he holds up Canonically no doubt. Plus I love having Brakiss in my Imperial armies.

No comments on Noval Garaint? His timeline is open like Strang's so he could (thinly) be added to the PA. Strang being added is way less thin, since He definitely could be the reason the Storm Commandos are activated. Noval I know is a stretch, but is do-able...

September 01, 2013, 06:15:33 PMReply #708

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 01, 2013, 06:15:33 PM »
Well, the PA does have Jerec as a land hero.

EDIT: And yes, I too am surprised that Corey didn't immediately shoot Strang down.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:30:06 PM by revanchist »
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

September 02, 2013, 01:28:50 PMReply #709

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 02, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »
Ok, played last night, and the Acclamator DOESN'T have the ability to do orbital bombardment.  Should though, it's specifically what the II was geared towards.  I could swear it used to though...

September 02, 2013, 04:20:23 PMReply #710

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 02, 2013, 04:20:23 PM »
Yeah Jerec is Ground and Space but I would assume most keep him in Space with a ship like his lol.

Yeah I checked the Acclamator too, no bombardment.

Also I'd like to try campaigning for a Mon Cal unit again, like a Mon Cal EWEB like gunner unit. Reasons being 1. In tons of Artwork Mon Cals are usually holding a heavy rifle, especially under the Rebellion, which leaves Me to believe Mon Cal are trained in heavy weapons. 2. The Rebellion and New Republic would have gone no where with the Mon Calamari ships/ world/ leaders! 3. Lastly it'd be a nice honor unit or special unit for the NR. The Imps have Nova Troopers why not a special unit for the NR?

September 02, 2013, 04:24:20 PMReply #711

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 02, 2013, 04:24:20 PM »
Just thought of an interesting late era GC: The Orinda Campaign. The Imperials would be Era 5 with Pellaeon in the Reaper and Phennir as their only heroes. The NR would be in Era 4 and would have Wedge, Tycho, and Areta Bell in the Endurance. Once the IR takes Orinda they gain Teren Rogriss in the Dominion and the Megador. The goal of the IR is to retake the sector, the goal of the NR is to beat the Empire back or kill Pellaeon.

The special NR unit is the Infiltrator.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

September 02, 2013, 04:25:12 PMReply #712

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 02, 2013, 04:25:12 PM »
*without the Mon Cal people/world/leaders they would have failed. Lol typo in top line apologies...

September 02, 2013, 04:32:31 PMReply #713

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 02, 2013, 04:32:31 PM »
No I know the NR has the infiltrator but the Mon Cal gunner would be infantry where as the Infultrator is more specialized in his role. The Mon Cal gunner would be a cool entrench unit.

I like the Orinda campaign idea, however I'd like to suggest another faction for the Final Imp Push. I think one more faction would add a nice dynamic so that it wasn't just Imps EotH and NR. Maybe the Yevethans could be in there? Or Warlords? Hutts? Idk another faction would be cool for it though.

September 02, 2013, 04:57:21 PMReply #714

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 02, 2013, 04:57:21 PM »
Yevethans were crushed in the BFC, Warlords were killed by Daala, Hutts would be sad and underpowered pushovers. Each faction has one basic and two specialty infantry. The IR has Stormtroopers, NovaTroopers, and E-Webs; the EotH has Phalanx Troopers, Commandos, and PLEX scouts (speeders that can capture RPs); the PA has Pentastar Enforcers, Storm Commandos, and Dark Jedi; and the NR has Vanguards, Infiltrators, and Jedi. I would personally prefer doing something to the Jedi than adding another unit.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

September 02, 2013, 11:23:02 PMReply #715

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 02, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »
Just thought of an interesting late era GC: The Orinda Campaign. The Imperials would be Era 5 with Pellaeon in the Reaper and Phennir as their only heroes. The NR would be in Era 4 and would have Wedge, Tycho, and Areta Bell in the Endurance. Once the IR takes Orinda they gain Teren Rogriss in the Dominion and the Megador. The goal of the IR is to retake the sector, the goal of the NR is to beat the Empire back or kill Pellaeon.
The special NR unit is the Infiltrator.

Wouldn't this just be a slightly different version of the Hunt for Zsinj GC?(Granted I love the Orinda campaign timeline idea, I'm just saying what others will)

September 03, 2013, 06:00:22 PMReply #716

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 03, 2013, 06:00:22 PM »
Yeah I forgot Daala had already taken out the other Warlords by Era 5 that's true I didn't think about that apologies. The Hutts can't be that week since they've held their territory for thousands of years lol, plus their units are already made and available.

How bout dropping the T1 Tank for the Mon Cal heavy gunner! The T1 is pretty useless really, the T2 and up are better. That could work out pretty good. Yes Jedi need some sort of attention both light and dark.

Also weird thing happened lost an AT-AT to 4 Phalanx Squads lol. Is the maser like a super AT-AT killer lol.

September 03, 2013, 06:16:15 PMReply #717

Offline Blackout

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 03, 2013, 06:16:15 PM »
How bout dropping the T1 Tank for the Mon Cal heavy gunner! The T1 is pretty useless really, the T2 and up are better. That could work out pretty good.
I personally find the T1 tanks pretty useful! Their AA turrets seem to do a lot to infantry, and they are a fast AA unit.

September 04, 2013, 03:17:31 AMReply #718

Offline Halcyon

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 04, 2013, 03:17:31 AM »
I think combining the Black Fleet Crisis with the Final Imp Push would be fun. The BFC game is kinda boring, and the Final Imp Push would benefit from another faction. They are so close in time too. Give the Yevethans 3 planets and sizable fleets and it could work. Imagine the fun of trying to get the Black Fleet into IR or EotH space! It'd be awesome!

September 04, 2013, 09:50:45 AMReply #719

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 04, 2013, 09:50:45 AM »
I think combining the Black Fleet Crisis with the Final Imp Push would be fun. The BFC game is kinda boring, and the Final Imp Push would benefit from another faction. They are so close in time too. Give the Yevethans 3 planets and sizable fleets and it could work. Imagine the fun of trying to get the Black Fleet into IR or EotH space! It'd be awesome!

But for units they only have ISD and VSD models, Thrustships, and Trifoils in space; and AT-ATs, AT-STs, and infantry on ground. That would be pretty boring. Try to add more units and it becomes a carbon copy of the IR.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!