Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 265788 times)

August 25, 2012, 09:10:51 PMReply #40

Offline Rissien

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2012, 09:10:51 PM »
There used to be a mod for the Legacy of the Force time frame when that series was still being written, I was part of the testing team but the leader basically abandoned it.

Currently a mod for the Legacy era *the distant future one not Legacy of the Force*

Also theres the mod with the Yuuzhan Vong in it, still fairly early but they are putting out some nice new models.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:12:44 PM by Rissien »

August 26, 2012, 06:29:18 AMReply #41

Offline StarWarsSupremeCommander

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2012, 06:29:18 AM »
There used to be a mod for the Legacy of the Force time frame when that series was still being written, I was part of the testing team but the leader basically abandoned it.

Currently a mod for the Legacy era *the distant future one not Legacy of the Force*

Also theres the mod with the Yuuzhan Vong in it, still fairly early but they are putting out some nice new models.

Theres the old republic mod, awesome stuff but only has one person working on it.. Pity. I have yet to be impressed by the Yuuzhan Vong mod(And Yuuzhan is Chinese!)

August 28, 2012, 06:51:44 AMReply #42

Offline predator30

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 06:51:44 AM »
Hi TR team

I have and idea well it could be seen as more of a fix. The power to shield (PTS) ability on some of the empire of the hand ships is overpowered. By contrast the PTS on the MC cap ships has been reduced. In the interest of balance this needs to be looked at as the MC are known to have advanced shields. It is almost pointless using PTS on the MC80B at the moment. Great mod, this is the only issue I have found so far.

I have been playing TR since V1 keep up the good work! :)

predator
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:56:37 AM by predator30 »

August 28, 2012, 08:02:04 AMReply #43

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 08:02:04 AM »
Also can you guys add more missions for GC because i love doing them :) thanks.
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

August 28, 2012, 10:13:17 AMReply #44

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »
Is there a way you can randomize when raid fleets appear? Right now it seems to be a fixed designated time after the battle starts. I've found the best way to make sure I don't get taken unawares is to use an initial fast unit like a starfighter squadron, corvette or frigate to spearhead an assault, and then quickly move it out of the initial deployment zone just in case a raid fleet emerges.

It would be really cool if you had to worry that once you're heavily engaged with up enemy forces, THEN all of a sudden the raid forces appeared behind your lines and starting causing you all sorts of trouble.
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

August 28, 2012, 11:33:40 AMReply #45

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 11:33:40 AM »
Hi TR team

I have and idea well it could be seen as more of a fix. The power to shield (PTS) ability on some of the empire of the hand ships is overpowered. By contrast the PTS on the MC cap ships has been reduced. In the interest of balance this needs to be looked at as the MC are known to have advanced shields. It is almost pointless using PTS on the MC80B at the moment. Great mod, this is the only issue I have found so far.

I have been playing TR since V1 keep up the good work! :)

predator

The reason why smaller ships, including the two from the Empire of the Hand (Au'tiette and Kariek) have a stronger version of the ability is because they don't have as much other utility to bring to the table, and this helps them serve more of a purpose even against larger ships, since they can either act as damage sinks or be guaranteed a few more seconds of outputting the small amount of damage they do have. The Mon Cal ships who have the reduced ability duration and power already have superior base shields to what the other factions have, so when they had the stronger version they could cause severe balance problems, where you essentially couldn't kill them unless you had a bunch of ships concentrate on each one. They had high enough base shield refresh and hp stats that they could already take a beating, and they also have the damage to back it up. Now, the ability can be used to give a few more seconds of shields before they give out and start losing hardpoints, instead of being an automatic life generation button. It can be enough to put the edge in their favour when they're fighting another capital ship in a close fight, but not enough to turn every fight into their favour.

Is there a way you can randomize when raid fleets appear? Right now it seems to be a fixed designated time after the battle starts. I've found the best way to make sure I don't get taken unawares is to use an initial fast unit like a starfighter squadron, corvette or frigate to spearhead an assault, and then quickly move it out of the initial deployment zone just in case a raid fleet emerges.

It would be really cool if you had to worry that once you're heavily engaged with up enemy forces, THEN all of a sudden the raid forces appeared behind your lines and starting causing you all sorts of trouble.

It is by a designated time, which I've increased. I've wanted to try using a random number generator for it, but I'm not sure if the commands used for the delay will work with a variable. Ideally I'd want to put them spawning at a new marker as well, but there's a lot of maps and I'm not sure what the implications of missing a marker on a map would be.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:37:20 AM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 28, 2012, 11:40:35 AMReply #46

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »
I'd certainly like to see the entry time be a bit more flexible. Maybe even just a range of a couple of minutes from the start of the battle.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

August 28, 2012, 01:50:54 PMReply #47

Offline MMM2409

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 01:50:54 PM »
increase space pop cap

August 28, 2012, 02:01:35 PMReply #48

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »
People's computers would have trouble handling a higher pop cap, a lot of the pop caps of individual ships were balanced around the 40 cap, and increasing the pop cap would mean the already-terrible pathfinding EaW has would have to account for even more ships.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 31, 2012, 04:08:03 PMReply #49

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-14
  • I'm not saying anything...Crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2012, 04:08:03 PM »
Okay how about the TIE Oppressor for a bomber for the PA if not then what about theTIE Aggressor or mabye both. ;)

the Gladiator-class Star Destroyer seems cool you should add it to PA or IR and the Dauntless-class heavy cruiser for the NR plus the  Bulwark Mark III battlecruiser  to stand up to the Praetor Mark II .

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator-class_Star_Destroyer

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Oppressor

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Aggressor

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dauntless-class_heavy_cruiser

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bulwark-class_battle_cruiser

August 31, 2012, 04:27:26 PMReply #50

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
Me and Enceladus were casually discussing this (read as: Nothing in this post should be taken as something we definitely intend to do), and we thought a potential way to fit in some units for the PA would be a kind of sideline advancement type seperate from eras. Considering how much of the PA was centeredt on corporations, we may be able to make somethign where you "buy" a merger with the Corporate Sector and get access to some of the ships and vehicles they had, which would include some of the previously suggested ships and vehicles.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gladiator-class_Star_Destroyer

This is a design several of us have always liked, but the ship itself is effectively useless. It's 150 meters longer than the Carrack, but would have exactly three hardpoints: A single dual light turbolaser hardpoint, a laser cannon hardpoint, and a conc hardpoint. It would be by far the weakest ship in the mod, and as a carrier it only has 2 squadrons. It'd be pretty much unjustifiable to build them.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Oppressor
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Aggressor
Aggressor was developed and scrapped before the first Death Star. Honestly, I'd rather avoid going into more and more obscure TIEs for them.

As for the other two, the last thing the NR needs is more powerful capital ships. Their build bars are pretty much full, and they tend to field the best set of capital ships in the game to begin with.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:46:15 PM by Corey »

August 31, 2012, 06:54:57 PMReply #51

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2012, 06:54:57 PM »
I would love to see the PA ships garrison something other than the same TIE Fighters, TIE Interceptors and TIE Bombers as the IR.  I would love to see them with maybe A9's (since they already have them on the Venator), Skiprays (from the Munificents), and Tie Hunter to replace the Interceptor.  Just to provide a little more uniqueness to the PA.  Don't expect to see it done since it would make them more powerful (Skiprays having ions and shields, Hunters having ions (although fewer lasters than an Interceptor, and A9's being way  faster than the TF).
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 31, 2012, 09:20:18 PMReply #52

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2012, 09:20:18 PM »
Okay.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:37:32 AM by mynameisyou »

August 31, 2012, 11:09:13 PMReply #53

melbournelad

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2012, 11:09:13 PM »
As for the other two, the last thing the NR needs is more powerful capital ships. Their build bars are pretty much full, and they tend to field the best set of capital ships in the game to begin with.

To add more units, if the build bar is full would it be possible to implement a filter system ?

August 31, 2012, 11:13:38 PMReply #54

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2012, 11:13:38 PM »
Those tend to rely on story scripting that would conflict with the era system scripting. Either way, the build bar limits tend to be a good indicator for when you've stopped adding useful stuff with enough variance to keep it diverse and gone into the adding shit "just because" territory.

September 01, 2012, 08:37:51 AMReply #55

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2012, 08:37:51 AM »
Why not the tie oppressor you have a reason aside from this
I'd rather avoid going into more and more obscure TIEs for them.

And the Corporate Sector Authority Picket Fleet probably merged with the Pentastar Alignment navy it had this the Recusant-class light destroyer and Lucrehulk-class battleship plus the Mankvim-814 light interceptor so why not give them to the PA.

the eclipse should spawn The Emperor's Royal Guard TIE/In starfighters and era 3 should have Shadow Droids for the IR and X-1 Vipers for the NR .

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corporate_Sector_Authority_Picket_Fleet

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mankvim-814_light_interceptor

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor%27s_Royal_Guard_TIE/In_starfighter

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/X-1_Viper

September 01, 2012, 11:10:12 AMReply #56

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2012, 11:10:12 AM »
If your post is missing, it's because I've split them up and moved them to more appropriate topics, cause virtually nothing here was on topic. Feedback and general modding questions aren't really suggestions for 2.1. Check your profile -> Posts if you can't find them.

These are the topics everything's in now:
[Melbournelad - Has modding done x]
[Willhelm - Gilzean]
[MandalorOrdo - Ship Roles]

I'll come back in a bit to edit this post and respond to other stuff.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 11:18:26 AM by Corey »

September 01, 2012, 11:49:32 AMReply #57

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »
Oh, I have a good, easy idea.  Have the PA AT-AT's drop PA Enforcers, not Stormtroopers.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

September 01, 2012, 12:07:10 PMReply #58

Offline Enceladus

• Assistant Canadian
  • Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +33/-11
  • Did I mention GROUNDBREAKING?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2012, 12:07:10 PM »
Not quite as easy as it sounds actually. The stormies use a unique animation when they're dropped from the AT-AT IIRC.

~Thrawn's Revenge Staff~

September 01, 2012, 01:57:00 PMReply #59

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
I would love to see the PA ships garrison something other than the same TIE Fighters, TIE Interceptors and TIE Bombers as the IR.  I would love to see them with maybe A9's (since they already have them on the Venator), Skiprays (from the Munificents), and Tie Hunter to replace the Interceptor.  Just to provide a little more uniqueness to the PA.  Don't expect to see it done since it would make them more powerful (Skiprays having ions and shields, Hunters having ions (although fewer lasters than an Interceptor, and A9's being way  faster than the TF).

To continue with the theme of the backwater Imperial world which we know used older technology for its garrisons, we've been thinking about putting the V-19 Torrent in for them. We have a pretty damn good looking model for it, and it was, according to some of the roleplaying games, relegated to backwater Imperial duty; perfect for what we need. I don't know how much I want to remove TIE Fighters from them, however, especially early on. They're still Imperial, even if they're backwater Imperial/FotR dumping ground.

And the Corporate Sector Authority Picket Fleet probably merged with the Pentastar Alignment navy it had this the Recusant-class light destroyer and Lucrehulk-class battleship plus the Mankvim-814 light interceptor so why not give them to the PA.

It didn'g. The CSA was on the far northeast, PA in the northwest. During the formation of the PA, Zsinj conquered the Corporate Sector., however after his death it presumably broke back free and returned to its neutral psotion selling things to both the IR and NR, but that's where my post from before comes from; since they're both very corporation centric, we can, upon Zsinj's death (or something) make a trading deal available to the PA that gives them access to certain ships the CSA would have had, which could include some of what you mentioned (Recusant, Lucrehulk, Providence, other shit the Empire pawned off on the CSA after the Clone Wars). Mankvim isn't worth doing, pretty useless.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor%27s_Royal_Guard_TIE/In_starfighter
These were used before Endor by Palpatine's personal guard.

We wanted to do the Shadow droid, but didn't have time.

The Viper is one of the dumbest things I've seen in my life, I'd rather kill myself than put a walker that looks like that into the mod. The New Republic didn't ever make them either, they were Imperial and got hijacked by the NR in a battle. It says so in the article.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!