Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 267226 times)

October 02, 2012, 09:09:42 PMReply #140

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #140 on: October 02, 2012, 09:09:42 PM »
And I do say that the changes to garrisons in 2.0 is a HUGE bonus.  Land combat is actually fun now.  You can actually attack knowing that you only have to survive a finite amount of T2B's.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 03, 2012, 02:54:50 AMReply #141

Offline Thrashia

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2012, 02:54:50 AM »
And I do say that the changes to garrisons in 2.0 is a HUGE bonus.  Land combat is actually fun now.  You can actually attack knowing that you only have to survive a finite amount of T2B's.

Hear, hear! In 1.3, to combat the horde of unending T2Bs, I had to fortify a location with hardpoints backed up by AT-ATs. Was a slow and agonizing process.
"You may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrik, but the Empire will always strike back." - Gilad Pellaeon

C'baoth: "You doubt the power of the Force, Grand Admiral Thrawn?"
Thrawn: "Not at all. I merely present the problems you and the Force will have to solve if you continue with this course of action."

October 03, 2012, 01:11:42 PMReply #142

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 03, 2012, 01:11:42 PM »
In space you could add to the knight hammer the cloaking power too. I know you are goning to say "but you won't go far with it" but it would be cool anyway specially when you are on retreat. And please fix Gordin Tierce voice on the galaxy map , you are using han's voice wich is ok but it's really weird hearing chewbacca lol
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

October 03, 2012, 02:29:55 PMReply #143

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2012, 02:29:55 PM »
The Knight Hammer didn't hve a cloaking device, it was just painted a darker colour. We've reflected this by painting it a darker colour.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 03, 2012, 05:40:53 PMReply #144

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 03, 2012, 05:40:53 PM »
Are you sure? accordin to wookipedia "Covered in stealth armor and hosting automated systems that allowed it to run with a fraction of the standard crew size, the Knight Hammer was particularly advanced for ships of its class ". I know it is not the same as cloaking but it would work too

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

October 03, 2012, 07:00:37 PMReply #145

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 03, 2012, 07:00:37 PM »
Yeah, stealth armor refers to the colour. No cloaking device.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

October 03, 2012, 07:16:48 PMReply #146

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2012, 07:16:48 PM »
Well it would have been easier if instead of stealth it would have said just "black"  :P . I mean when all of use read the term tealth we associate it with "avoiding detection" that's why I suggested the cloaking skill

October 03, 2012, 11:16:37 PMReply #147

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 03, 2012, 11:16:37 PM »
Yes, and in the backdrop of black space, a black armored ship is much harder to see.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 03, 2012, 11:47:31 PMReply #148

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 03, 2012, 11:47:31 PM »
I found really funny the idea of your's TLMILLER I mean with all the tecnology I wouldn't expect that the gunner would be looking at space searching for enemy ships I belive that there mus't be something similar to the radar. just my opinion

October 04, 2012, 12:18:20 AMReply #149

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 04, 2012, 12:18:20 AM »
Stealth is different from cloaking. Modern Stealth bombers are essentially done the same way.

October 04, 2012, 01:11:44 PMReply #150

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2012, 01:11:44 PM »
Yeah. It's like the StealthX's from LotF.  They don't have cloaking generators, but the hull was a "star-flecked body of irregular, matte-black fiberplast that rendered it almost invisible against a background of stars", which I imagine was also combined with some fancy EMCON stuff.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

October 05, 2012, 06:31:38 PMReply #151

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-0
  • Never trust a bartender with bad grammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2012, 06:31:38 PM »
This is quite a small thing, but I'd really like it if the Vindicator was made to look different from the Enforcer or Immobilizer, maybe colour it a darker shade of grey?

It's just that one battle I had yesterday was a disaster when I accidently built a fleet of Vindicators instead of Enforcers, and got slaughtered by a bunch of NR bombers.

October 06, 2012, 07:05:32 AMReply #152

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2012, 07:05:32 AM »
The thing there is that they do canonically look the same, so there's one point against it. The other is that it wouldn't really make a difference unless you memorized the exact shades, and individually you still then wouldn't know which is which. Take into account map lighting variance and it loses any significance. I've been told there are *50 shades of grey, but only one or two look acceptable in a Star Destroyer type ship. The rest turn it into a cartoony pile of awful.

*Yes, I hate myself for this.

October 06, 2012, 09:59:35 AMReply #153

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2012, 09:59:35 AM »
I've been told there are *50 shades of grey, but only one or two look acceptable in a Star Destroyer type ship. The rest turn it into a cartoony pile of awful.
And there was me thinking they were all painted Star Destroyer White. :P
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

October 06, 2012, 10:20:41 AMReply #154

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2012, 10:20:41 AM »
It's actually a really light shade of grey that's really close to white. Code and I had this conversation multiple times.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:25:21 AM by Corey »

October 06, 2012, 09:06:30 PMReply #155

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2012, 09:06:30 PM »
I had a suggestion. I know all of us are Boba Fett fans, and we wish that he could be in this mod. Well I have an idea. In the Fate of the Jedi series, it is mentioned that Daala and Fett are good friends. Thus, maybe you could have him as an Era 4 hero for the IR.

If not, here is my second fett related idea. As you had said, Fett was a bounty hunter, and he was loyal to the highest bidder. Therefore, I think he should be purchasable in Skirmish at the neutral bases for all sides.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

October 08, 2012, 12:47:45 PMReply #156

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »
Okay, here's another suggestion, how about replacing the Praetor II that the Empire can build in Era 3 with the Allegiance Class Battlecruiser?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Allegiance-class_battlecruiser

It was a lot more common in that period, and it would add a bit more variety to the IR vs PA battles.

Oh and another thing, the PA can do with a proper AA ground vehicle.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:50:15 PM by Singularity »

October 08, 2012, 10:28:57 PMReply #157

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2012, 10:28:57 PM »

Oh and another thing, the PA can do with a proper AA ground vehicle.

???  They have one, the AT-AA (same as the IR).

October 09, 2012, 04:30:27 AMReply #158

Offline Thrashia

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2012, 04:30:27 AM »
Okay, here's another suggestion, how about replacing the Praetor II that the Empire can build in Era 3 with the Allegiance Class Battlecruiser?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Allegiance-class_battlecruiser

It was a lot more common in that period, and it would add a bit more variety to the IR vs PA battles.

This actually would not be a bad idea. I would also say that when Kaine dies the first time around from Era 1 to Era 2, that the SSD disappears altogether, but that is just me.
"You may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrik, but the Empire will always strike back." - Gilad Pellaeon

C'baoth: "You doubt the power of the Force, Grand Admiral Thrawn?"
Thrawn: "Not at all. I merely present the problems you and the Force will have to solve if you continue with this course of action."

October 09, 2012, 05:27:06 PMReply #159

Offline Singularity

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2012, 05:27:06 PM »
???  They have one, the AT-AA (same as the IR).
Do they? I can't build them for some reason   :-\ , the same way I can't build V-Wings as the NR...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 05:28:42 PM by Singularity »

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!