Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 267259 times)

September 20, 2012, 04:41:30 PMReply #120

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »
Sorry i mean flames like when hard points are destroyed there is fire.
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

September 20, 2012, 07:14:28 PMReply #121

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2012, 07:14:28 PM »
ah like on capital ships?
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 20, 2012, 10:53:32 PMReply #122

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »
ah like on capital ships?

Yeah you get me Lord Xizer :)  :HA:.
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

September 21, 2012, 10:15:26 AMReply #123

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »
I think they'll add that in in the future when there's time.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 25, 2012, 07:48:38 PMReply #124

Offline z741

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-1
  • Harbinger of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 25, 2012, 07:48:38 PM »
ive heard rumors of an AT-AT MKII with light turbo-lasers. if this is canon why not give the IR this unit as an upgrade of sorts? say in era 2.

"Sometime after the Battle of Endor, the Empire replaced the AT-AT's lasers and blasters with light turbolasers, easily capable of defeating many highly protected defensive weapons emplacements."

also

"During the reborn Emperor Palpatine's insurgency in a clone body from 10 ABY to 11 ABY, the Empire developed a new variant of the AT-AT that was equipped with the most powerful Imperial turbolasers and the new X-80 power cells."

Era 3 i believe this variant should be added as the AT-AT MKIII

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Armored_Transport

there was a mod in EAW original i believe it was called the Absolute Enhancement Mod that included the AT-AT MKII as a separate unit on a few select worlds from research facilities

I know that the IR gets more adaptable units in the later eras but these are canon so i think it might be a good addition

Im a fan of the AT series of Imperial Walkers if you couldnt tell.

Why are people popular in America?
The reason for popularity in America is not because of the media
It is the haters!

September 28, 2012, 03:36:53 AMReply #125

Offline StarWarsSupremeCommander

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2012, 03:36:53 AM »
Those AT-ATs played little part in Palpaine's campaign, sunce he had World Devestators and the Galaxy gun. Adding them is as good as adding a land executor Dreadnaught. The turbOlasers would probably be able to blast every other vehicle, if not severely damage them.

September 28, 2012, 05:59:05 PMReply #126

Offline Raijin

• Stormtrooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
The IR is already very powerful and can simply steamroll without the addition of the Galaxy Gun and World Devastators. For Canon purposes I would love to see their inclusion into the 3rd Era but the NR would need something drastically substantial to counter them.

For Era 1-4 I would like to the Imperial Royal Guards to be made on certain planets, also after Era 3 if possible the heros from Crimson Empire, Kir Kanos, Carnor Jax among others as even though their was a minor storyline sideline but canon still none the less gives the steps for progression.

Fix vessels larger then Imp Class Destroyer direction malfunction- Units such as the SSD and Eclipse have a very hard time navigating to proper selected space so often times unit will be useless and cumbersome. Units will sometimes do loop circles and come nowhere near selected curser space.

In Era 4 Pellaeon has the VSD, but for Era 5 he moves back to the Chimera when by the time he is a Grand Admiral he has already taken command of the Reaper after GM Kaine died, then the Megador another SSD. I would like to see the GA deserve what he gets, namely a big freaking warship :)

I would like to see Hutt Crime Lords in notable areas such as Nar Sharda and Tat. More pirate vessels being available as well as some ancient tech like the Sith Interdiction Vessel and battle destroyer. These units would not be practical as they would be antiqued but would have a nice lower level opposition interest.

One interesting idea would to have the inclusion of bonuses for captured territory or sectors, similar to if one were to capture all core worlds then you would get + Unit Production + Unit Time + Defense + etc. A faction specific colored outline would indicate the planets needed and the inclusion of those planets merits the bonuses, if lost one planet then bonuses will be lost until regained. This would only a practical idea on more larger GC maps of 50 + planets

The Shipyards should have defenses on them, small to medium sized as they are designed to just build ships but they don't have to be defenseless, as well as destroy able hard points and hangers as of right now ships can continually spawn from shipyards but their is no hanger point.

Fix Duros ground map to be playable, exception error every time only auto resolve option.

Fix base layout option for maps, blank screen for layout option.

Spacetrooper Armour- Spacetrooper armour functions as a small personal attack craft. The Zero-G Assault suit is designed to interface with standard stormtrooper armour. Inside the cabin, the soldier has access to an array of controls that range from targeting and sensor arrays to life support and navigation as well as a heavy laser and a concussion missile launcher. This power armour provides environmental protection against the vacuum of space and a repulsorlift propulsion unit that enables the soldier to move and fight in space for extended periods.
The primary function of the two-meter tall spacetrooper armour involves capturing enemy vessels intact and containing rebellious crews. A spacetrooper's equipment usually consists of laser cutters and power vibro-saws for quick penetration into a vessel's hull and magnetic couplers that attach to any metallic surface. Thus, a platoon of spacetrooper soldiers can overtake a smaller capital ship with a determined assault. Just a idea to maybe include? Thrawn used them in when he was trying to steal ships so if you might make them work?

Include the Bayonet-class Light Cruiser Capital Ship into ether First Era Isard, PA or Empire of the Hand as it says this vessel was used by the Imperial Navy for the Mid and Outer Rims, but was largely outdated but still formidable. Empire of the Hand needs more powerful capital starships to counter larger vessels by other factions.

Love to see the Consular-class Cruiser added for the NR side any Era.

Pursuer Enforcement Ship, YT-1300, Firespray-class Interceptor and Dynamic Class Freighter to be added for pirate, PA, EoH or NR starships

Bobba Fett to be brought back under faction depending on where he is at during each timeline

Black Sun Pirate group organization to be brought back, after Era 2 they started to regain power, add Darkstar Battleship to Black Sun Pirates, PA or Empire of Hand.

Add Pulsar Battle Cruiser to the Hapes Consortium. It is the culmination of centuries of Hapan research and development funneled into one all-encompassing design and purpose. Intended to be a concentrated heavy weapons platform, its 170 weapon emplacements can cut through nearly all other capital ships before the Pulsar?s thick overlapping shields even weaken to expose its heavily armored hull. The turbolasers are strategically spaced neatly down both its lateral wings so that a single well-placed explosion from a proton torpedo or space bomb would not be able to take out more than one emplacement at a time. Expand Hapes to be more powerful and have more territory, in the book it says they had 68 planets and all were very powerful and their technology was light years ahead of most in the galaxy.

Add Droid control star ships and all CIS weaponry to Empire of the Hand or PA as that region of space is where the CIS was mainly located after being driven back by the Republic. Lucrehulk 3210 Battleship, C-9979 Landing Ship, Tri-Droid Fighter, Scarab-class Droid Fighter, Armoured Attack Tank, Single Troop Aerial Platform, Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid etc.

Im still playing through everything but I like what I see so far and think that it can only get better!

"Today, I will be reborn?like the Empire, whose incarnation I have conceived and incubated. Today I will bring forth? the Empire Reborn."
―Lord Hethrir, launching the Empire Reborn

September 28, 2012, 11:34:11 PMReply #127

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2012, 11:34:11 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions.

The IR is already very powerful and can simply steamroll without the addition of the Galaxy Gun and World Devastators. For Canon purposes I would love to see their inclusion into the 3rd Era but the NR would need something drastically substantial to counter them.

We don't want to include more superweapons in EaW because it can't handle them properly. There are no satisfactory ways to implement them and still follow what they're supposed to be able to do. For the World Devastators for example, their role was to strip planets and ships for resources and create more, but that can't really be done in EaW. They'd just be giant combat vessels which are extremely expensive while barely having more firepower than the much smaller ISDs as well as completely absent from land, where they were really supposed to have their main effect (as resource extractors).

Fix vessels larger then Imp Class Destroyer direction malfunction- Units such as the SSD and Eclipse have a very hard time navigating to proper selected space so often times unit will be useless and cumbersome. Units will sometimes do loop circles and come nowhere near selected curser space.

That isn't something we can fix. Pathfinding is not moddable, we have to live with it how it is. It's why we always hate adding large ships to EaW.

In Era 4 Pellaeon has the VSD, but for Era 5 he moves back to the Chimera when by the time he is a Grand Admiral he has already taken command of the Reaper after GM Kaine died, then the Megador another SSD. I would like to see the GA deserve what he gets, namely a big freaking warship :)

The main period covered by the fifth era is the Caamas Crisis. The Remnant did have a few SSDs left in their possession, but this is after Pellaeon had left them. The Reaper was actually destroyed in 13ABY, and era 5 is basically 17-19ABY story-wise, so it's way out of the period. Megador and Dominion were both still under Imperial control by 17ABY and were part of the Final Imperial Push, with Megador as Pellaeon's flagship for about one battle, but the the bulk of the era 5 timeperiod, including the most important parts, Pellaeon was on the Chimera. Pellaeon didn't permanantly take on the Megador as his flagship until much, much later.

I would like to see Hutt Crime Lords in notable areas such as Nar Sharda and Tat. More pirate vessels being available as well as some ancient tech like the Sith Interdiction Vessel and battle destroyer. These units would not be practical as they would be antiqued but would have a nice lower level opposition interest.
There's really no reason to include the Hutts, they didn't have enough power or influence to be worth including, and their ships all basically suck. We used to have them in in older versions but it was absolutely pointless. We only have so many faction slots to work with, and for technical and gameplay reasons we only can put so many planets and factions in each one, so we always go for the more relevant and powerful factions, which the Hutts definitely are not.

As for the ancient ships, they'd also be a lot of work with absolutely no reward. For one thing, they weren't still in service and there'd be nowhere to put them, and for another thing they'd be worse than useless.  The 600 meter long Sith Interdictor, as one of the most powerful ships of its time, would be completely outclassed even by the 250 meter Lancer frigate which isn't even meant as a combat ship.

The Shipyards should have defenses on them, small to medium sized as they are designed to just build ships but they don't have to be defenseless, as well as destroy able hard points and hangers as of right now ships can continually spawn from shipyards but their is no hanger point.

If you want to have defenses for your shipyards, you have to build ships or Golans to defend them, it's a conscious design choice. There is a hangar point (otherwise it wouldn't be able to spawn fighters at all), but it's not targetable or else the entire health of the shipyard would be in that one hardpoint. They're meant as production buildings, not defensive ones.

Fix Duros ground map to be playable, exception error every time only auto resolve option.
Fix base layout option for maps, blank screen for layout option.
I don't think there's a problem with Duro, it would have to be with something else. I've played on Duro multiple times.
As for the blank screen thing, as we've said we're working on it but it's caused by an overlapping texture and we just haven't been able to find which one.

Spacetrooper Armour- Spacetrooper armour functions as a small personal attack craft. The Zero-G Assault suit is designed to interface with standard stormtrooper armour. Inside the cabin, the soldier has access to an array of controls that range from targeting and sensor arrays to life support and navigation as well as a heavy laser and a concussion missile launcher. This power armour provides environmental protection against the vacuum of space and a repulsorlift propulsion unit that enables the soldier to move and fight in space for extended periods.
The primary function of the two-meter tall spacetrooper armour involves capturing enemy vessels intact and containing rebellious crews. A spacetrooper's equipment usually consists of laser cutters and power vibro-saws for quick penetration into a vessel's hull and magnetic couplers that attach to any metallic surface. Thus, a platoon of spacetrooper soldiers can overtake a smaller capital ship with a determined assault. Just a idea to maybe include? Thrawn used them in when he was trying to steal ships so if you might make them work?

This has been brought up before, and we're not using them for several reasons.
1) For combat they'd be worse than fighters. They'd be entirely ineffectual in battle.
2) As boarders it'd be completely impossible to balance. With the few ways there are to implement some form of boarding, it's compleyely inefficient from a technical standpoint, and from a gameplay standpoint there's absolutely no way to make it fail. It'd just be send something next to the ship -> win.

Include the Bayonet-class Light Cruiser Capital Ship into ether First Era Isard, PA or Empire of the Hand as it says this vessel was used by the Imperial Navy for the Mid and Outer Rims, but was largely outdated but still formidable. Empire of the Hand needs more powerful capital starships to counter larger vessels by other factions.

Love to see the Consular-class Cruiser added for the NR side any Era.

These were effectively unarmed transport ships, something the NR already has the Gallofrees for. There's nowhere to put them.

Pursuer Enforcement Ship, YT-1300, Firespray-class Interceptor and Dynamic Class Freighter to be added for pirate, PA, EoH or NR starships
There's no real purpose freighters would serve in the game.

Bobba Fett to be brought back under faction depending on where he is at during each timeline
He wasn't affiliated with anyone during this period, really. He did some independent work, worked for some Hutts and then did something for the Restored Empire once (another faction way to small to be worth including, they had one planet canonically and virtually no navy). He didn't do much galactically until a while after he became Mandalore.

Black Sun Pirate group organization to be brought back, after Era 2 they started to regain power, add Darkstar Battleship to Black Sun Pirates, PA or Empire of Hand.

Basically the same response as to the Hutts here. These factions are way too small to be included. They're way smaller than the Hutts, too. The territory representations here would be way off, even the smallest factions we include (Hapans and Yevetha) had several times more territory than these people, and are also a lot more relevant to the stories we're covering. More importantly, the Black Sun didn't actually have any territory. You can't really have stateless actors in EaW.

Add Pulsar Battle Cruiser to the Hapes Consortium. It is the culmination of centuries of Hapan research and development funneled into one all-encompassing design and purpose. Intended to be a concentrated heavy weapons platform, its 170 weapon emplacements can cut through nearly all other capital ships before the Pulsar?s thick overlapping shields even weaken to expose its heavily armored hull. The turbolasers are strategically spaced neatly down both its lateral wings so that a single well-placed explosion from a proton torpedo or space bomb would not be able to take out more than one emplacement at a time.
Pretty sure that isn't actually a thing.

Expand Hapes to be more powerful and have more territory, in the book it says they had 68 planets and all were very powerful and their technology was light years ahead of most in the galaxy.

They're actually overrepresented in the mod, territorially. They did have 68 planets canonically, but we don't put every single planet each faction had into the mod. A sector was basically defined as 125 inhabited planets. The Remnant even at it's smallest point had about 10 sectors. The Empire of the Hand had as many as 300 by the same point, so 68 planets really isn't that much compared to what they're up against. It's also why we don't include factions that only canonically controlled one planet; they'd be incapable of doing anything, and get destroyed before one week ingame, even with their significantly inflated territory (I mean, one planet out of 91 is still way higher of a percentage than their actual 1/thousands). And since we have limited resources and are technically limited in what we can include, it has to go to the more relevant or major factions. Star Wars has a lot of lore, so there's a lot of stuff we "could" do, but we have to ask whether it actually should be done, or if we're bloating the mod just for the sake of having it.

The power of their individual ships is actually exactly where it should be as well (our armement system uses actual stats), and compared to IR and NR technology, their turbolasers are technically worse.

Add Droid control star ships and all CIS weaponry to Empire of the Hand or PA as that region of space is where the CIS was mainly located after being driven back by the Republic. Lucrehulk 3210 Battleship, C-9979 Landing Ship, Tri-Droid Fighter, Scarab-class Droid Fighter, Armoured Attack Tank, Single Troop Aerial Platform, Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid etc.

The EotH territory is in the Unknown Regions, so the CIS definitely wasn't there. And the important thing with where the CIS technology isn't the geography, since there's a lot of lore about where CIS technology actually ended up. The Munificent and Hailfire are part of the PA because the Banking Clan's "successor" was part of the PA, whereas a lot of the other CIS stuff was sent off to the Corporate Sector, destroyed, or mothballed. Several Lucrehulks were sent to the Corporate Sector for example, which also made limited use of some Battle Droids. We'd like to include a seperate horizontal advancement type thign with the PA where they can acquire assets from the Corporate Sector since they were both largely business-centered and get them some more units, but a lot of the units you listed just simply weren't used anymore, or wouldn't be worth including. Why do they need battle droids if they already have the Enforcers,for example?

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:41:34 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 29, 2012, 12:24:58 AMReply #128

Offline StarWarsSupremeCommander

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2012, 12:24:58 AM »
Well, if they were sent to the Coparate Sevtor, why not make those ships as rewards for capturing planets there?

September 29, 2012, 12:31:30 AMReply #129

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2012, 12:31:30 AM »
Because we want to use them to expand the roster for the PA, not for the other three factions. However, planet capture rewards are done through story scripting, which means it can't be done for the Pentastar Alignment.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 29, 2012, 05:12:46 AMReply #130

melbournelad

« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2012, 05:12:46 AM »
How about instead of planet capture rewards, make a few old CIS units buildable only on those corporate sector planets up near ession, and only buildable by the Alignment? Makes it a key goal to take those planets if your playing as them.

September 29, 2012, 05:15:46 AMReply #131

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2012, 05:15:46 AM »
Yeah there are a few ways we've been talking about implementing them, and that's definitely one of the options.

September 30, 2012, 01:34:08 PMReply #132

Offline Eclipse

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +16/-5
  • My Eclipse has nothing to do with Force Unleashed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2012, 01:34:08 PM »
You could add for era 3 with the IR the world devastator maybe? but it would be too strong for anything even turbolasers. The death star prototype would be cool too. For the new republic i belive you should add the CC-7700
A Member of the Imperial Alignment(Allies With The Shadow Post Empire).

\"Yes, the destruction of Alderaan was regrettable, but so was the destruction of the Death Stars. Are the deaths of millions of Alderaanians?who conspired to overthrow the government?more tragic than the deaths of millions of Imperial soldiers who laid down their lives to defend our way of life? I think not.\"―Antinnis Tremayne

September 30, 2012, 03:35:28 PMReply #133

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2012, 03:35:28 PM »
Quote from: Me a few posts ago
We don't want to include more superweapons in EaW because it can't handle them properly. There are no satisfactory ways to implement them and still follow what they're supposed to be able to do. For the World Devastators for example, their role was to strip planets and ships for resources and create more, but that can't really be done in EaW. They'd just be giant combat vessels which are extremely expensive while barely having more firepower than the much smaller ISDs as well as completely absent from land, where they were really supposed to have their main effect (as resource extractors).

September 30, 2012, 08:12:25 PMReply #134

Offline z741

• Brevet Admiral
  • Harbinger of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »
corey i think you missed my comment about the modded AT-ATs

ive heard rumors of an AT-AT MKII with light turbo-lasers. if this is canon why not give the IR this unit as an upgrade of sorts? say in era 2.

"Sometime after the Battle of Endor, the Empire replaced the AT-AT's lasers and blasters with light turbolasers, easily capable of defeating many highly protected defensive weapons emplacements."

also

"During the reborn Emperor Palpatine's insurgency in a clone body from 10 ABY to 11 ABY, the Empire developed a new variant of the AT-AT that was equipped with the most powerful Imperial turbolasers and the new X-80 power cells."

there was a mod in EAW original i believe it was called the Absolute Enhancement Mod that included the AT-AT MKII as a separate unit on a few select worlds from research facilities

I know that the IR gets more adaptable units in the later eras but these are canon so i think it might be a good addition

It is the haters!

September 30, 2012, 08:37:13 PMReply #135

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2012, 08:37:13 PM »
Absolute Enhancement/Absolute Corruption, yes, that was the mod.  All the AT-AT mkII was in that mod though was a normal AT-AT that was shielded.

Although they were insanely powerful because of that.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 01, 2012, 09:26:27 PMReply #136

Offline z741

• Brevet Admiral
  • Harbinger of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2012, 09:26:27 PM »
light shields yes but my quote from them being upgraded with turbolasers was from wookiepedia and they werent shielded
It is the haters!

October 01, 2012, 11:41:00 PMReply #137

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »
Oh, I know.  I was just pointing out that the AT-AT MKII in that mod wasn't a canon MKII.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

October 02, 2012, 03:41:33 PMReply #138

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 02, 2012, 03:41:33 PM »
I have an interesting idea, don't know if it's feasible though. All right, in 1.3, reinforcement points were all 10 RPs. Therefore, taking more RPs wasn't really necessary unless you wanted a more forward drop point. I'm very glad you changed that in 2.0. My idea is thus: in many maps, I believe, there are quite a few RPs. Your maximum unit cap on land is ten, so once again, you don't have to control all ther RPs to bring in ten units. I was thinking that there could be a bonus to the player who captures all the reinforcement points. Their unit cap would be raised by the number of RPs on the map if the attacker, and they would get that many extra garrison units as the defender.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

October 02, 2012, 05:48:51 PMReply #139

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 02, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »

also

The AT-ATs in the mod don't have any light weapons, they already essentially function like that, there's no distinguishing factors between the AT-AT in the mod and what you're calling the Mk II. As for making a Mk III, again, there's no real way to say what the exact power for each one would be, so there's no way to say that it would have been more powerful than it is, so making a second type available is entirely redundant. If we did it as a replacement, it's a complete imbalance. The AT-AT is already the most powerful land unit, by far.

I have an interesting idea, don't know if it's feasible though. All right, in 1.3, reinforcement points were all 10 RPs. Therefore, taking more RPs wasn't really necessary unless you wanted a more forward drop point. I'm very glad you changed that in 2.0. My idea is thus: in many maps, I believe, there are quite a few RPs. Your maximum unit cap on land is ten, so once again, you don't have to control all ther RPs to bring in ten units. I was thinking that there could be a bonus to the player who captures all the reinforcement points. Their unit cap would be raised by the number of RPs on the map if the attacker, and they would get that many extra garrison units as the defender.

The Defender already gets more land units from garrisons and has a huge advantage in that it has the full 10 right off the bat plus those garrisons. The Attacker is at a disadvantage from not having those points initially, so allowing the defender to benefit from them would be even more annoying to play against. It's something we were already trying to mitigate with the garrison changes in 2.0, so making the defender get more units from capturing an RP would just go back to breaking what we tried to fix. More importantly, it'd be way to easy to exploit. You'd just have to capture it, wait for the attacker to come back and capture it away from you, and then go capture it again and bam, more free units.

As for giving the attacker more available slots, that breaks the GUI. We used to have a land pop cap higher than 10, but that means when you'd win the land battle with 11-15 units in the battle, when you get back to the galactic screen they've stacked on each other in the 10 slots, making some of them unselectable.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!