Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 267077 times)

September 15, 2012, 05:17:21 PMReply #100

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »
the Pa should have the DP20 frigate this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Pentastar_Alignment  says they do
That page, for an RPG article, only says that there was a reference to a DP20.  The Slader's Raider II was owned by a pirate/smuggler, and there is no evidence linking him, or the DP20, to the Alignment.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

September 15, 2012, 05:23:45 PMReply #101

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-14
  • I'm not saying anything...Crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2012, 05:23:45 PM »
They should still scourge Squadron and more heros like Wyrn Otro and Ib Dekeet who could have a star destroyers also Elta Besk who could build droids on the planet she was on .
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:26:49 PM by mynameisyou »

September 16, 2012, 03:52:47 AMReply #102

Offline StarWarsSupremeCommander

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2012, 03:52:47 AM »
They should still scourge Squadron and more heros like Wyrn Otro and Ib Dekeet who could have a star destroyers also Elta Besk who could build droids on the planet she was on .

I feel that there's enough ISDs.

September 16, 2012, 10:17:09 AMReply #103

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2012, 10:17:09 AM »
then put  Wyrn Otro and Ib Dekeet in the enforcer or the Praetor and Elta Besk who could build droids on the planet and she was on a Munificent the PA needs more heros.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:30:25 AM by mynameisyou »

September 16, 2012, 05:53:19 PMReply #104

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2012, 05:53:19 PM »
the Pa should have the DP20 frigate this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Pentastar_Alignment  says they do it should also have Scourge Squadron and more heros like Wyrn Otro and Ib Dekeet who could have a star destroyers also Elta Besk.

Yeah, keep in mind that's not the article for the Pentastar Alignment as a faction, it's the article for a sourcebook called "The Pentastar Alignment." The lists on that page are referring to anything mentioned inside the book, regardless of what capacity they were in.

Scourge Squadron wouldn't make a good hero, it's like Death Squadron in the Empire. It was the name for a task force. Just like Death Squadron was Vader's squadron of ISDs lead by the Executor (it was present at Hoth). As such, there's no information about what's actually in Scourge Squadron except that it was most likely a bunch of Star Destroyers, and it's possible that Reaper with Kaine was the head of it, but either way it's not something that would fit into the mod.

Wyrn Otro and Ibn Dekeet aren't there because they aren't military people ion any capacity, and they'd have no purpose to serve in the mod. There are a lot of corporate heads mentioned for the PA, and they're two of them. We put in Gregor Raquoran to basically do that job (price reductions, etc) but if we put in more it would just mean the PA gets to camp them out at 3 shipyards and get a huge advantage. Other than that they'd just be guys in regular Star Destroyers.

The same can be said of Elta Besk being on a munificent, she was a corporate head. As for the thing about building droids, what droids would she be needed to build? As it is if we did that all it would mean is a limitation on where the PA can build Hailfires as opposed to expanding their possibilities.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 17, 2012, 08:38:58 AMReply #105

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2012, 08:38:58 AM »
Units that come with units like an AT-AT comes with two AT-STs or like an SSD comes with 2 ISD like you can deploy it :).
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

September 17, 2012, 11:35:30 AMReply #106

Offline MMM2409

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2012, 11:35:30 AM »
I dont know if it has already been decided but a campaign would be nice for 2.1

September 17, 2012, 03:20:07 PMReply #107

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2012, 03:20:07 PM »
then put  Wyrn Otro and Ib Dekeet in the enforcer or the Praetor and Elta Besk who could build droids on the planet and she was on a Munificent the PA needs more heros.

Wyrn Otro should have an Enforcer as that's what his company contributed and offer a bonus to other Enforcers efficiency.

Elta Besk could have a Muunificent and offer a production time decrease on Hailfire Droids and Muunificents. This second suggestion is just a thought since she's the Droid contributor(though i don't want to see B1 Droids, Droidikas or Magnaguards since they'd LONG since been phased out and outlawed from production to boot too.)

I personally think the Alignment should have 5 Heroes since their name does kind of mean 5. Wyrn would be useful and help make the Enforcers even more tactical.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

September 17, 2012, 04:56:47 PMReply #108

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »
I dont know if it has already been decided but a campaign would be nice for 2.1

Campaigns can't be done especially well in EaW mods. There's a lot of functionality we don't have access to so as far as a narrative it'd be pretty lacking, as well as a lot of work. We're doing the sidemissions and even the era system essentially as a way to work in the story without going on an all-out campaign which would end up being by necessity lacklustre.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

September 17, 2012, 05:08:01 PMReply #109

MawDrallin

« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2012, 05:08:01 PM »
I've got an idea for the PA. How about including the B2-HA Super Battle Droid as their plex trooper? It is known that a member of the Alignment, Dynamic Automata, produced droids and since they already use Hailfires and Munificents, and since they lack Plex Stormtroopers already, I think it would be a good addition, and it would add more variation to the Alignment's forces.

September 17, 2012, 06:54:13 PMReply #110

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2012, 06:54:13 PM »
I agree and they need more heros

September 17, 2012, 07:25:56 PMReply #111

MawDrallin

« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »
I have yet another suggestion for the Pentastar Alignment: The PX-10 CAV/w. Currently, the Alignment doesn't have a dedicated anti-infantry vehicle, so this little tank would be yet another thing for their forces to use. My reasons for adding this, for one it was in common use within the Empire, and since it was often deployed on worlds without large Imperial garrisons, the PX-10 would have been pretty commong within the worlds of the New Territories. Also, these cheap little tanks would have been a perfect weapon for Kaine, as they didn't come with a self-destruction feature so any pilot dumb enough to let his hand fall on that button couldn't waste credits and resources, and they could be controlled by one man, thus not straining his forces to supply large crews for these tanks.

September 17, 2012, 07:41:04 PMReply #112

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2012, 07:41:04 PM »
I have yet another suggestion for the Pentastar Alignment: The PX-10 CAV/w. Currently, the Alignment doesn't have a dedicated anti-infantry vehicle, so this little tank would be yet another thing for their forces to use. My reasons for adding this, for one it was in common use within the Empire, and since it was often deployed on worlds without large Imperial garrisons, the PX-10 would have been pretty commong within the worlds of the New Territories. Also, these cheap little tanks would have been a perfect weapon for Kaine, as they didn't come with a self-destruction feature so any pilot dumb enough to let his hand fall on that button couldn't waste credits and resources, and they could be controlled by one man, thus not straining his forces to supply large crews for these tanks.

Not a bad suggestion. The Pentastar Alignment has the AT PT though. Isn't the it an anti infantry vehicle?(I ask because they seem to fire the same bolts at the same pace as the TIE Mauler and Chariot vehicles which ARE anti infantry.)

September 17, 2012, 07:56:39 PMReply #113

MawDrallin

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2012, 07:56:39 PM »
Not a bad suggestion. The Pentastar Alignment has the AT PT though. Isn't the it an anti infantry vehicle?(I ask because they seem to fire the same bolts at the same pace as the TIE Mauler and Chariot vehicles which ARE anti infantry.)

While the AT-PT is an anti-infantry vehicle, it isn't a dedicated AI Vehicle, meaning it isn't as effective against infantry as say, the TIE Mauler. The PX-10 has a Medium Laser Cannon, meaning it can do more damage than the AT-PT, despite the lack of a Concusison Missile Launcher, but the PX-10 could make up for it with the ability to run over and crush infantry. And, the PX-10 is substantially faster, capable of going up to 260 km/h, a vast improvement to the AT-PT's 60 km/h.

September 18, 2012, 06:43:21 PMReply #114

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2012, 06:43:21 PM »
You should add the Ssi-ruu they would add a sense of spanning of the event after endor they should have there one mini galactic conquest like the black fleet crisis with a combo of imp-rebel tech and could be in art and essence.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:46:14 PM by mynameisyou »

September 18, 2012, 06:53:18 PMReply #115

Bubba

« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »
I have a few more suggestions to make. The first is the ULAV for the New Republic. Its a small, light repulsor vehicle, used heavily by the Rebel Alliance, with many of them also going into service with the New Republic. With its concussion grenade launcher & medium blaster cannon, it could be used as a light repulsor craft with more of an aptitude for going against vehicles. Additionally, it could be given to the Imperial Remnant in the GC's "Hunt for Zsinj" and "Into the Cluster".

My next suggestion is the CC-7700/E Frigate. Notice, this is the Slash-E variant, one with no canon image or design, so unlike the first CC-7700 you had in the mod, you have more freedom with the ship's design, and it will give the NR there own interdictor, and not just some hero who rarely survives Art of War (at least in my playthroughs anyway).

Next, is the Crusader-class Corvette, a gunship originally in FoC, and canonically was used by Daala's forces at the Maw, and purchased in considerable numbers by the Imperial Remnant soon after. I propose it should be added to Era 4 and 5, or at least Era 4, to add in more unit variation. And a reason for it to be added gameplay wise, not only could it defend against fighters & bombers, but also was equipped with Point-Defense Lasers, meaning it could be useful for eliminating any missiles that get too close to your capital ships.

Finally for the Pentastar Alignment is the Vigil-class Corvette, a relatively new ship designed by Ansel Hsaio and introduced in the EGTW. As to my knowledge, it doesn't have any stats as far as armament is concerned, meaning you could equip it for whatever purpose comes to mind. Also, it would add another space unit to the Alignment's small unit line-up.

September 18, 2012, 10:06:15 PMReply #116

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »
While the AT-PT is an anti-infantry vehicle, it isn't a dedicated AI Vehicle, meaning it isn't as effective against infantry as say, the TIE Mauler. The PX-10 has a Medium Laser Cannon, meaning it can do more damage than the AT-PT, despite the lack of a Concusison Missile Launcher, but the PX-10 could make up for it with the ability to run over and crush infantry. And, the PX-10 is substantially faster, capable of going up to 260 km/h, a vast improvement to the AT-PT's 60 km/h.

I see, you actually make a valid point. It's possible the PX-10 will be in the future...

September 20, 2012, 04:00:14 AMReply #117

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2012, 04:00:14 AM »
More fire for gonlan's and structures like that i think it will be even more realistic  :).
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

September 20, 2012, 02:30:53 PMReply #118

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »
Actually less fire would be more canon for the Golans as a GII was supposed to be comparable to a Victory II SD in firepower but had much more shielding.

September 20, 2012, 04:03:05 PMReply #119

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2012, 04:03:05 PM »
More fire for gonlan's and structures like that i think it will be even more realistic  :).

I believe the TR team has painstakingly worked out every ship, and the Golan platforms included, to have the same number of guns as indicated in the canon. Thus each Golan probably already has the firing rate it should.

They weren't meant to be impenetrable defenses. A Golan III is tough as it is, if you're not careful it can cost you a capital ship or two to take one down.

What I'd like to see added is some form of starfighter defenses to each Golan. While that's not canon, it would be a great balance addition. Perhaps additional or replenishable starfighter squadrons (like those from the shipyard), or just replacing say 4 turbolaser HPs with 4 laser cannon HPs would increase the survivability of a GIII by a lot.
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!