Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Suggestions for 2.1  (Read 264894 times)

August 14, 2012, 05:09:41 PM

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
Suggestions for 2.1
« on: August 14, 2012, 05:09:41 PM »
Ok i have a suggestion for 2.1 how about MC80a and All Terrain Scout Transport/Assault (AT-ST/A) and making repair structures that can be built from the space station like golans and Enforcer-class picket cruiser

Just some suggestions hope it gives you guys some ideas :) :)Thanks to the Mod Team :).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:17:31 PM by bisszy4ever »
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

August 14, 2012, 05:43:38 PMReply #1

Offline Zeron

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-11
  • The Galaxy Abhors The Lack Of Faith
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for 2.1
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 05:43:38 PM »
MC80a is functionally identical to the MC80. We used to have it in the mod but it served no purpose except for cluttering up the build bar. The AT-ST/A is also too similar to the AT-ST, and they have plenty of land units already. Repair structures don't work very well in space with most ships.

August 14, 2012, 05:44:53 PMReply #2

Offline bisszy4ever

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
  • Keep the Peace
    • View Profile
    • 501st Legion Mod DB
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 05:44:53 PM »
MC80a is functionally identical to the MC80. We used to have it in the mod but it served no purpose except for cluttering up the build bar. The AT-ST/A is also too similar to the AT-ST, and they have plenty of land units already. Repair structures don't work very well in space with most ships.

Yeah true but what about the Enforcer-class picket cruiser?Thanks for Responding Zeron :).
The 501st Never Run!!

A Member of the Imperial Alignment (Formerly the Postastar Alignment)

Allies of the Shadow Post Empire

August 14, 2012, 06:22:54 PMReply #3

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 06:22:54 PM »
Enforcer is in 2.0
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

August 14, 2012, 07:38:54 PMReply #4

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 07:38:54 PM »
Yes, that made me happy.  I had argued for the Enforcer months before 2.0 started beta-ing.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 14, 2012, 10:05:15 PMReply #5

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 10:05:15 PM »
Indeed you did, I remember. Yes it is for the Pentastar Alignment and most useful.

August 19, 2012, 04:19:49 PMReply #6

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 04:19:49 PM »
Here's my suggestion, not sure if it's been given yet, or is in 2.0.

In era 5, the Chimaera should have Preybirds replace some of the ties that spawn from it. Also, if I am correct, in Spectre of the Past, Pellaeon orders that the Chimaera fire proton torpedoes (and use the fighters as a screen, to see if Garm was in charge of the fleet that attacked him). Therefore, I suggest that it be given port and starboard torpedo launchers.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

August 19, 2012, 04:38:47 PMReply #7

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »
Here's my suggestion, not sure if it's been given yet, or is in 2.0.

In era 5, the Chimaera should have Preybirds replace some of the ties that spawn from it. Also, if I am correct, in Spectre of the Past, Pellaeon orders that the Chimaera fire proton torpedoes (and use the fighters as a screen, to see if Garm was in charge of the fleet that attacked him). Therefore, I suggest that it be given port and starboard torpedo launchers.

I agree that the Chimaera being further specialized would make sense.  I'm sure it would be a lot of work for the mod team to make preybirds just for that instance (sorry if they are already used elsewhere!)

Speaking of a lot of work...  Wouldn't it make more sense for the Reborn Emperor to be using the Eclipse II because he doesn't return after he dies?  That's just to make things more cannon, since this mod does a great job of keeping things cannon  :D  Also, the ship looks great.
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

August 19, 2012, 05:21:00 PMReply #8

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
In era 5, the Chimaera should have Preybirds replace some of the ties that spawn from it.
In 2.0 all Era 5 Star Destroyers belonging to the Imperial Remnant carry squadrons of Preybirds in place of their normal TIE complement.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

August 19, 2012, 05:55:49 PMReply #9

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »
Speaking of a lot of work...  Wouldn't it make more sense for the Reborn Emperor to be using the Eclipse II because he doesn't return after he dies?  That's just to make things more cannon, since this mod does a great job of keeping things cannon  :D  Also, the ship looks great.

Well, since we're not doing two seperate Palpatine cycles we just went with the one that came first to cover the whole era. After all, the Eclipse II only became the flagship after the first Eclipse was destroyed so making the Eclipse II be the one represented alone would seem kind of like jumping the gun, and doing both in sequence would be kind of overkill.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

August 19, 2012, 06:43:07 PMReply #10

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 06:43:07 PM »
Well, since we're not doing two seperate Palpatine cycles we just went with the one that came first to cover the whole era. After all, the Eclipse II only became the flagship after the first Eclipse was destroyed so making the Eclipse II be the one represented alone would seem kind of like jumping the gun, and doing both in sequence would be kind of overkill.

And also asking too much of the evil New Republic to be able to defeat two of the eclipses.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

August 19, 2012, 08:54:10 PMReply #11

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 08:54:10 PM »
And also asking too much of the evil New Republic to be able to defeat two of the eclipses.

While I agree that having both would be typical IR overkill making the GC a pain for everyone else, I am sure that I"m not alone in thinking that the Eclipse II was the best of the two.  Of course, this is just my bias for awesome looking triangle ships.
Did you see that?  Know what that cost?  $58,000.  I mean, what a waste.  It wasn't even funny.  That's $58,000 that could have gone to curing leukemia.  Or.  muscular dystrophy.  Or... what does Michael J. Fox have?  That.  Alright, let's watch some damn cartoons.

August 21, 2012, 03:04:14 AMReply #12

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 03:04:14 AM »

I would like to ask the Eclipse have it's gravity well projectors.

August 21, 2012, 06:52:51 AMReply #13

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 06:52:51 AM »
Xizer, according to the manual, both the Eclipse and Sovereign will have interdicting ability.
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

August 21, 2012, 07:02:05 AMReply #14

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 07:02:05 AM »
Xizer, according to the manual, both the Eclipse and Sovereign will have interdicting ability.
Yeah, but that depends on Corey remembering to actually code it in.  :angel:
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

August 21, 2012, 09:05:14 AMReply #15

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-14
  • I'm not saying anything...Crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 09:05:14 AM »
I'm new this is my first post yay ;D but anyway I think you so sould add the  Lucrehulk-class battleship the AT-TE and the Providence-class carrier/destroyer to the Pentastar Alignment. they need more clone wars stuff to make them different from the IR .

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lucrehulk-class_battleship

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/All_Terrain_Tactical_Enforcer

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Providence-class_carrier/destroyer
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:33:31 PM by mynameisyou »

August 21, 2012, 04:37:40 PMReply #16

Offline JC123

• Rear Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 04:37:40 PM »
Yeah, the PA could use some more heavy hitters that don't belong to other factions to go toe to toe with IR and NR.  Then again, I have yet to see how effective the Preator II is in direct comparison to it's cost.

August 21, 2012, 05:40:43 PMReply #17

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 05:40:43 PM »
It can easily hold it's own against 3 ISD-II's or MC80b's from what I've found in my testing.  AI doesn't build enough MC90's for me to have tested that.

August 21, 2012, 07:51:10 PMReply #18

Offline mynameisyou

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +3/-14
  • I'm not saying anything...Crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
hi me again 2'nd post ever also you should add these.

the spider droids were used by the empire so add to IR or PA and this ship for the PA  

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DSD1_dwarf_spider_droid

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Recusant-class_light_destroyer

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:40:18 AM by mynameisyou »

August 21, 2012, 09:11:03 PMReply #19

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 09:11:03 PM »
The reason for the Clone Wars stuff they do have is both to differentiate them from the IR, but also to represent their geographical and political position within the Empire. They were mainly part of the New Territories and Oversector Outer, neither of which had any real sway within the Empire until Tarkin took over as Grand Moff in the Oversector. This is why  they have what they do; a mix of the holdover Republican vehicles from the Clone Wars to defend the backwater planets, as well as some of the more powerful but still old Imperial ships (Praetor II) to represent the growing importance of specific parts of what would become the core of the PA. The CIS stuff is strictly from the Banking Clan, seeing as they were based on Muunilinst, which is one of the most important planets in the Alignment.

The problem with using a lot of the rest of the CIS stuff is their manufacturers and who ended up with them after the war. Lucrehulks and Recusants tended to end up in the northeastern parts of the galaxy with Seperatist holdouts, the Rebellion and then were bought up by the Corporate Sector Authority, so I'm not sure how comfortable we'd be with adding them as PA units. It's a bit more difficult to justify, with Seperatist holdouts in general being associated with the Rebels but not the Empire.

AT-TEs on the other hand, are a lot more viable considering how they were definitely passed through Imperial service, especially in the Outer Rim (Which includes the PA)

they need more clone wars stuff to make them different from the IR .

The problem with this is that there's no real reason one should be considered more Imperial than the other.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:15:14 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!