Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Finding modders for the Unspoken Future Mod  (Read 6293 times)

July 21, 2012, 09:57:49 AM

Offline StarWarsSupremeCommander

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Finding modders for the Unspoken Future Mod
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »
This mod is my brainchild, my perception of what happens after 138 ABY, the last known year with events happening in Galactic History. I need modders, here are the requirements:(Diferent types of ppl I need)

1. Skilled XML coders
Capable of coding in complex systems like a tech tree.

2. Modelers
I need desperately. I have no talent in art. I need people that can model and convert to files for Eaw to recognize

3. Mappers
Able to map and include many elements.

4. DAt files coders

5. icon makers

6. Someone that knows LUA.

Idea of the mod:
As of 140 ABY, The Galactic Federation Triumvirate has built more space ports along the Hydian Way

142 ABY: Pirates who have acquired powerful ships during 130-138ABY have started attacking these ports.

It is 144 ABY, the galactic federation triumvirate is maintaining peace in the core worlds and is begining to divert it's forces to the more rebellious outer rim. However, Officer Clarren of Kuat Drive Yards, who is in charge of the production of capital ships in a majority of shipyards above Kuat And Fondor, has come forward to the Triumvirate High council to address about what he calls "A Technological Galactic Breakthrough" By using the laws of physics and studying hyperspace, he makes a theory of how one is able to map Hyperspace beyond the Galaxy without going there. By simply studying the presence of Gravity Wells in areas of Hyperspace, he is able to map an entire galaxy without being physically there. However, for fear of another extra-galactic threat, he was rejected. Out of Anger, Clarren tests out this theory for himself, and it works. He decides to travel to the galaxy and build his forces there, after which he will return to destroy the Triumvirate. Triumvirate spies have learnt of this and now they are attempting to stop him!

5 Playable Factions:
New Confederacy(Clarrens's faction of officers who support him and Clarren himself)
Galactic Federation Triumvirate
New Remeants( Remainder Of One Sith)
Cluster Empire(A huge empire with territories in galaxies of the same cluster that Star Wars galaxy and the Extra-Galactic Galaxy)
Cluster Rebellion( Rebellion against the Cluster Empire with territories in the Extra- Galactic Galaxy and a few others)

Many new ships, almost completely revamped database.
We plan to start of with planning units planets stuff then onward to GCs, and lastly Skirmish. Campaign maybe.

Difference from the vannila:
All new system for space forces building. To support thee intense amount of vessels, there are five levels of ship buidling, each level ca hold what it can produce and what it's previous level can produce, however it can only go one level down, meaning anything that is to be produced in a facility more than 1 level below the level of the current one will not be producable. They are, Fighter Production Facility, Frigate Production Facility, Heavy Cruiser Production Facility, Capital Ship Production Facility, Dreadnaught Production Facility.
Templete system. Bassiccaly aquirng a template by finishing a mission or taking a a planet might grant you a template of a ship. When quired, the templete will allow you to build the ship. Some Templetes are required for tech advancedment. Having Research Centres to unock some ships will happen too.
Revamped land defense system. Other than Turbolasers and Shield Generators, which is boring, there will be defenses like bunkers and turrets pre built, to show tohe touch of a proper defense, rather then sending a bunch of infantry upfront shooting madly. New defesnes include the Ati-Infantry tower, whcih is able to continuosuly fire for 4 seconds, to erradicate infantry. And then theres the speed-based turbolaser tower, whcih can fire multiple shots for two seconds, to take out light vehicles fast.
New Tech Advancement system. Simiar to ICW, this sytem requires specified objectives.
New option, full scale invasion. This option, available to all factions, will give you an amount of units(large amound) and you have to destroy a very big enemy base. The base can have 6 Barracks and 4 Light Factories. The benefits are: You get double the immediate income, get a few buildings to start with, have some units, and some full-scale invasions give you templates.
New building, the command centre, Command centres give an extended line of sight, and has its own garrasion of 5 Infantry and 5 meant-to-take-down-light-vehicles infantry.

There will be missions as well.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:15:21 AM by StarWarsSupremeCommander »

July 21, 2012, 06:11:01 PMReply #1

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Finding modders for the Unspoken Future Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 06:11:01 PM »
I'll just say, it's REALLY hard to get people to commit to helping with a mod that they know nothing about.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

July 21, 2012, 08:09:08 PMReply #2

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »
There, edited, should give an Idea about the mod.

July 21, 2012, 08:10:48 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 08:10:48 PM »
What's a people maker exactly?
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

July 21, 2012, 08:22:56 PMReply #4

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »
I would like to help you. I volunteer to be your vice mod leader and i am skilled at xml coding. And i can edit Dat files as well. I can edit in english and in spanish.
"No, I never really would have asked you to kiss him."―Han Solo, to Chewbacca

July 21, 2012, 08:33:40 PMReply #5

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »
Corey, it's basically someone to model out human or aliens for holographic projection. Because I once made a mod for something else, and my moddeler made an octogen face, and he made it so obvious, that it ruined everything.

Zinsj, ok, you're the vice- mod leader. Conact me via Email( you can find mine in my profile)

July 21, 2012, 08:39:03 PMReply #6

Offline Zsinj

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 08:39:03 PM »
The email was sent.
"No, I never really would have asked you to kiss him."―Han Solo, to Chewbacca

July 21, 2012, 08:58:26 PMReply #7

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 08:58:26 PM »
I suppose you have received my email too?

July 23, 2012, 05:01:10 AMReply #8

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 05:01:10 AM »
New information on the mod here, please apply!

July 23, 2012, 08:20:02 AMReply #9

Offline Pox

• Mod Team Member
  • Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +10/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 08:20:02 AM »
New information on the mod here, please apply!

So what's your job on this mod? Got any modding experience or are you just going to play the manager?

July 23, 2012, 08:58:45 AMReply #10

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 08:58:45 AM »
Well, I'm currently not coding or moddeling, I'm just putting all the information like units, planets, factions, buildings on hardcopy first, later which I wlll begin coding in units.

September 13, 2012, 09:18:11 AMReply #11

• Brevet Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 09:18:11 AM »
Sorry for updating this, but I really need helpers!( Mod SB not working out for me....)

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!