Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Custom ship Guide  (Read 3368 times)

May 27, 2012, 08:55:05 PM

Offline Lord_jacob

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
Custom ship Guide
« on: May 27, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
the Custom ships page is kinda crowded and messed up, so i decided to make a new page with everything on it.

first off, your going to want to copy the data of whatever ship you want as your custom ship (in the XML for the faction it is in). ill be using an ISDII for an example. first, you are going to change    <SpaceUnit Name="Imperial_Star_Destroyer_Two"> to somthing like    <SpaceUnit Name="Imperial_Star_Destroyer_custom">
(just a reminder and tip, your going to wanna make some spaces at the bottom of the page, 1 space seperating it from the other unit and the bottom text. and dont forget to paste the whole thing at the bottom.)

second, your going to need to download this: http://empireatwar.filefront.com/file/DAT_editor_Text;98260. copy the link and paste it into a new tab. once you have that, look for the MasterTextFile_ENGLISH in the mods/imperial civil war/data/text folder and take it out and put it onto the desktop to prevent "troublesome" glitches the might occur. now, open up and run the dateditor and look for MasterTextFile_ENGLISH on your desktop. open it.

now, look for the  <Text_ID></Text_ID>, for this example, it will be  <Text_ID>TEXT_UNIT_STAR_DESTROYER_TWO</Text_ID>. now you should change it to somthing like  <Text_ID>TEXT_UNIT_STAR_DESTROYER_CUSTOM</Text_ID> in the XML. do insert and put it at the top, name goes in the big box. remember, it has to be all caps or it will not work. it also needs to have the TEXT_UNIT to work. this will be the name of the ship. choose wisley, or you will have to find it, and change it.

i think this is 3rd or 4th step, i lost count. find <Encyclopedia_Text></Encyclopedia_Text>. for this example, it will be <Encyclopedia_Text> TEXT_TOOLTIP_STAR_DESTROYER_TWO </Encyclopedia_Text>. change this to somthing like <Encyclopedia_Text> TEXT_TOOLTIP_STAR_DESTROYER_CUSTOM </Encyclopedia_Text>. do the same thing as the last step.

now you can mess around with the damage the ship does, its sheild strength, and anything else.

remember to save! and put the master thing back into the text folder.

ill add some stuff for different collered ships later

Special thanks to:

Corey: for giving me this great info!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!