Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.0 Video Preview: GC Intros  (Read 6271 times)

May 23, 2012, 02:31:36 AM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
2.0 Video Preview: GC Intros
« on: May 23, 2012, 02:31:36 AM »
The first video preview for 2.0, explaining some of the new ways we'll be doing Galactic Conquests in the mod, including a cameo by everyone's favourite smuggler, Talon Karrde.

I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 23, 2012, 02:52:03 AMReply #1

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0 Video Preview: GC Intros
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 02:52:03 AM »
Great job with the video Corey. The new text crawl and the intro look fantastic. I'm also liking this Talon Karrde mission to obtain the Katana Fleet! That's a fantastic new addition to the GCs, little side missions I mean. I imagine you're doing something on the IR side with Ferrier in the Thrawn Campaign.

Are you open to taking suggestions for these side mission to fit/reinforce some of the canon? For instance, I can see Daala and Pellaeon having to go and fight a small battle to capture the Knight Hammer in the Reunification GC. Maybe in Camaas Crisis, Luke and Mara Jade have to hit Niruan to obtain the Camaas Document, which would solve the crisis, and subsequently give you access to Bothan Assault Cruisers? That one is a little farfetched, but would certainly make things interesting, and make an assault on Niruan a priority.
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

May 23, 2012, 03:07:45 AMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:07:45 AM »
We're definitely open to any ideas anyone has for these kinds of missions. We have a few ourselves, but the Katana Fleet ones are the only ones we really have fleshed out to any large degree. I intend to open a topic for those suggestions, but we do have a few basic criteria for them.

I'm not saying yours don't fit them (the Knight Hammer one is certainly something I'll look into, because it would fit them perfectly from what little I know about it), I'm just explaining them for anyone else who wants

1. They have to fit within the context of the GC, without being something that necessarily dictates the player's actions. This basically means we can't "force" any major battles to happen, such as the Battle of Bilbringi. The Battle of Bilbringi is only important because of it's results, being the death of Thrawn, which is rendered moot by the player deciding to hold the Battle of Bilbringi at, say Ord Trasi. The difference between this and the Katana Fleet is that the Katana fleet was where it was independent of any action the player could take, and Karrde would be necessary to find them (with the suitable alternative situation for the Remnant)

2. They have to have a suitable reward that makes them worth doing, without meaning you lose the GC if you don't. The Katana Fleet has obvious advantages, even if it's to prevent the other side from getting it (and if you don't act within a certain amount of time, they will). For example, ending the Caamas Crisis doesn't really have gameplay implications, and getting BACs as a reward for invading Nirauan with Luke and Mara may be a bit too tenuous and require too much explanation in game.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 23, 2012, 11:54:09 AMReply #3

Offline Jkrueger

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 11:54:09 AM »
Looks awesome. Can't wait to hear the new voice acting and see the new missions! (And go bombing around in a viscount... :HA:)

May 24, 2012, 10:43:49 PMReply #4

Offline Znieh

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 10:43:49 PM »
My reaction to the video

Having an entire squadron of Lego TIE fighters is either really nerdy or really awesome, I'm just not sure which.

May 24, 2012, 10:44:19 PMReply #5

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:44:19 PM »
...I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...?

May 24, 2012, 11:32:30 PMReply #6

Offline Znieh

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 11:32:30 PM »
lol, oh its good, it's a combination of shock, awe, excitement, and Pantaloons being soiled.  :HA:
Having an entire squadron of Lego TIE fighters is either really nerdy or really awesome, I'm just not sure which.

June 07, 2012, 11:03:17 AMReply #7

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:17 AM »
Most Impressive
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!