Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: May Update: Cleaning House  (Read 7467 times)

May 04, 2012, 03:06:21 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
May Update: Cleaning House
« on: May 04, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »
...Home Renovations...
Previously, we described some of the changes to the armament system for space, but this barely scratches the surface of the changes being made to the mod in 2.0. All of the existing Galactic Conquest scenarios from previous versions have been completely reworked. Included in this is the replotting of every planet to more accurately reflect their canon locations, and the addition of around 20 new ones. These new planets and the new positions of old planets can be seen here. For some GC's this means more factions, such as Treutan Teradoc's warlord faction in the Hunt for Zsinj. For others such as Caamas Crisis, the starting forces have all been redistributed. Other such changes to existing features will be discussed in future updates.\

...Scrubbing the Fish Tanks...
Every release since 1.0 has seen multiple models completely redone, including the majority of the Empire of the Hand. This release, every Mon Calamari Cruiser model has been redone. This includes the MC40a, MC80, MC80b, MC90, and Home One. Also included is a new unit, the Viscount. This is essentially the New Republic's version of the Executor; they are only going to be available in very limited numbers, and only in a select few Galactic Conquest scenarios. Imperial players will not have to worry about the Viscount showing up in Caamas Crisis, but it will be available in era 5 for the New Republic in Art of War. It will also be featured in at least one of the new GCs for 2.0, which will be discussed in a future update.

...Putting a Face to the Voice...
One of the most common complaints about previous versions of the mod has been on the lack of new voiceovers for new units, and we're rectifying this, thanks to fan-turned-contributor Lord Xizer, who has been nice enough to enslave his friends and provide his audio equipment in order to do new voiceovers for as many units and heroes as we can manage, so a huge thanks goes out to Lord Xizer. If there is anyone else who would like to help in this aspect, please email ThrawnsRevenge@gmail.com .

Another problem we've had is to do with heroes; often it's hard to add a hero because they've never been depicted anywhere, meaning many icons are made from random Imperial officer pictures in order to represent different people. Lord Xizer and has helped in this respect as well, putting us in contact with Kaytalin, who is creating custom portraits for anyone who needs one but has no canon pictures. So, another huge thanks to Kaytalin. Shown below are some of the portraits she's provided so far in icon form. They are, in order, Warlords Harrsk, Delvardus and Teradoc, General Melvar, and Admiral Ar'alani:

...Next Time, On Thrawn's Revenge...
As always, you can follow us on Mod Database, Facebook, and join the discussion on our forums. Unlike before, you can now subscribe to our Youtube Channel, where we'll be putting in unit profiles, behind the scenes videos of content creation, as well as some full length gameplay videos, and finally, now you can track us on Desura, a new-ish mod distribution client tied into Mod Database which makes installing and updating the mod much easier.

We're also still taking applications for beta testers for 2.0, so if you're interested post here.

That's all for now, May the Fourth be with you,
-Corey
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:58:38 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 04, 2012, 03:59:26 PMReply #1

Offline Nirukii

• Stormtrooper Captain
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: May Update: Cleaning House
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 03:59:26 PM »
I can't wait for 2.0!  :D

May 04, 2012, 04:11:52 PMReply #2

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 04:11:52 PM »
Ar'alani's icon has been added. She's the blue one.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 04, 2012, 04:13:15 PMReply #3

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 04:13:15 PM »
More to follow soon!
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 04, 2012, 05:11:50 PMReply #4

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 05:11:50 PM »
Ar'alani's icon has been added. She's the blue one.

This made me chuckle.

May 04, 2012, 07:34:03 PMReply #5

Offline Lord_jacob

• Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +4/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 07:34:03 PM »
i only have one question

will the Bakura- Class Star Destroyer be added?

May 08, 2012, 04:18:27 AMReply #6

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 04:18:27 AM »
No real reason to put those in.

May 10, 2012, 05:29:03 AMReply #7

Offline Darth Stalin

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 05:29:03 AM »
Well, I've already finished the 1.4 Art of War campaign, so now I can wait in  patience for 2.0 and new heroes.
Besides, I still have other mods to play - latest Alliance 4.5.4 (awaits trying) and Phoenix Rising 1.2 (already started, but after first few sniffs into it I'm gonna start it anew, as that was mostly to see how its new stuff works and where...).

May 10, 2012, 07:23:00 PMReply #8

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
Well, I've already finished the 1.4 Art of War campaign, so now I can wait in  patience for 2.0 and new heroes.
Besides, I still have other mods to play - latest Alliance 4.5.4 (awaits trying) and Phoenix Rising 1.2 (already started, but after first few sniffs into it I'm gonna start it anew, as that was mostly to see how its new stuff works and where...).

I say, you mean you just finished 1.3 do you not?
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 11, 2012, 07:33:04 AMReply #9

Offline Darth Stalin

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 07:33:04 AM »
Yep, just a typo error...  :o
BTW: I've seen somewhere that someone has written about "finishing 1.3.1."  ???
AFAIK there's ONLY TR 1.3 and nothing more so far.

May 11, 2012, 07:38:34 AMReply #10

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 07:38:34 AM »
Actually there was a small patch for 1.3, hence 1.3.1. Here's the thread topic:

http://gutr.swrebellion.com/forums/index.php/topic,2160.0.html

It's a good patch, prevents Coronas from being practically indestructible...
"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

May 11, 2012, 05:48:15 PMReply #11

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 05:48:15 PM »
And the Venators from being the most powerful unit in the mod, which got me massive amounts of hatemail.

May 16, 2012, 09:18:45 PMReply #12

Offline Dougie678

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 09:18:45 PM »
I can't wait! Nice job guys!

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!