Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Greetings All  (Read 2095 times)

May 02, 2012, 08:53:06 PM

Offline Thrashia

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-2
    • View Profile
Greetings All
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:53:06 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to these forums, though not to this particular mod. I've always had an eye on it but have either not had the time or inclination before now to play it. This saddens me, since after playing it now I see how much more fun I could have already been having had I downloaded it previously. Oh well, I have it now.

I'm very much an Imperialist. I was fortunate to see the re-release of the first  Star Wars movie in 1982 when I was seven years old and became an avid fan ever since then. When I saw that Star Destroyer creeping across the screen I immediately knew that I had to have my own, no matter what my mother and father insisted about it being just a movie. Since then I've seen the various transformations that have happened within the Star Wars universe that Lucas so very fortunately brought to us, some I didn't like and others I will enjoy until I die.

I am a big fan of the Expanded Universe and am eternally saddened that Lucas would never produce three more movies to complete the nine-movie saga like he initially promised. From the EU my favorite author is Timothy Zahn, a man after my own heart. Grand Admiral Thrawn will forever remain my favorite character, whether you consider him evil or not. Though I could enjoy Palpatine's political maneuvering, his regime was one I found distasteful until it came to be in the hands of men/aliens like Thrawn, Pellaeon, and Jagged Fel.

Long live the New Empire!

I look forward to new renditions of this mod and to in-depth discussions with you other members of these forums concerning our favorite hobby and obsession: Star Wars.
"You may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrik, but the Empire will always strike back." - Gilad Pellaeon

C'baoth: "You doubt the power of the Force, Grand Admiral Thrawn?"
Thrawn: "Not at all. I merely present the problems you and the Force will have to solve if you continue with this course of action."

May 02, 2012, 09:02:13 PMReply #1

Offline TheShinHado

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +0/-0
  • I've calculated the possibilites.
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings All
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 09:02:13 PM »
Welcome, fellow Imperial. Make yourself at home.

May 02, 2012, 09:10:04 PMReply #2

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:10:04 PM »
Hey, nice to see you! Glad you enjoy the mod :)
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

May 02, 2012, 09:17:00 PMReply #3

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 09:17:00 PM »
I'm new to these forums, though not to this particular mod. I've always had an eye on it but have either not had the time or inclination before now to play it. This saddens me, since after playing it now I see how much more fun I could have already been having had I downloaded it previously. Oh well, I have it now.

For some reason, this bit reminded me of that Old Spice commercial.

Hello, players! Look at the game your playing, now back to the mod, now back at your game, now back to the mod. Sadly, it isn't the mod, but if you stopped using horrible vanilla games and switched to Thrawn's Revenge, it could play like it's the mod. Look down, back up, where are you? You
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!