Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: 2.0 wish list  (Read 47458 times)

May 21, 2012, 08:01:46 PMReply #100

Offline Zeron

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-11
  • The Galaxy Abhors The Lack Of Faith
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0 wish list
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2012, 08:01:46 PM »
I'd hardly say the DS Prototype would be invincible. It was a giant frame with a superlaser, I'm pretty sure any actual military ship could snap it in half in minutes.

May 21, 2012, 10:27:45 PMReply #101

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +42/-5
  • I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2012, 10:27:45 PM »
I detested the Sun Crusher, it made no sense, indestructible armor, couldn't be duplicated, the size of a starfighter. Ridiculousness at it's height. Also Corey is right about the Death Star Prototype, they aimed it at Kessel and wound up hitting the moon near it instead. If it couldn't hit a planetoid it was aiming for I certainly couldn't be accurate enough to hit much smaller ships moving.

The only reason the Death Star Prototype was such a lousy shot was because of the idiot scientists piloting it. And it did hit the Sun Crusher a couple of times. However, I do agree about the Sun Crusher, it would be too OP. Maybe the Death Star Protoype could be toned down, with weaker armor and a weapon only as powerful as the Aggressor in FoC. This could be helpful, especially since the IR has no space artillery.
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

"But...it was so artistically done."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Member of the Imperial Alignment

May 22, 2012, 01:06:23 AMReply #102

Offline Zeron

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Rear Admiral
  • Approval: +17/-11
  • The Galaxy Abhors The Lack Of Faith
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2012, 01:06:23 AM »
The only reason the Death Star Prototype was such a lousy shot was because of the idiot scientists piloting it. And it did hit the Sun Crusher a couple of times. However, I do agree about the Sun Crusher, it would be too OP. Maybe the Death Star Protoype could be toned down, with weaker armor and a weapon only as powerful as the Aggressor in FoC. This could be helpful, especially since the IR has no space artillery.

No, the targeting system sucked which is why it was so inaccurate. It was a durasteel frame with some essential parts attached.  The Falcon could probably destroy it on it's own. It would be an absolutely terrible weapon.

May 22, 2012, 06:35:08 PMReply #103

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
No, the targeting system sucked which is why it was so inaccurate. It was a durasteel frame with some essential parts attached.  The Falcon could probably destroy it on it's own. It would be an absolutely terrible weapon.

OK. This leads me to a question, though. Why doesn't the IR have any space artillery?
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 22, 2012, 06:41:36 PMReply #104

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »
OK. This leads me to a question, though. Why doesn't the IR have any space artillery?

What do you mean by Space Artillery? They have Superlasers on a few Super Ships but I don't think any side has artillery in space.
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

May 22, 2012, 07:02:45 PMReply #105

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2012, 07:02:45 PM »
And there was me thinking anything above the size of a fighter is space artillery! :P
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

May 22, 2012, 07:49:10 PMReply #106

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2012, 07:49:10 PM »
What do you mean by Space Artillery? They have Superlasers on a few Super Ships but I don't think any side has artillery in space.

Well, the NR has the Marauder cruiser, and the IR used to have the Broadside cruiser, but I don't think it does any more. That's what I mean by space artillery.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 22, 2012, 07:58:41 PMReply #107

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2012, 07:58:41 PM »
Well, the NR has the Marauder cruiser, and the IR used to have the Broadside cruiser, but I don't think it does any more. That's what I mean by space artillery.

Well the marauder no longer has the missiles and the broadside was just ridiculous really. it was fragile, slow, ugly and it's barrage was nearly useless unless fighters stayed still.

May 22, 2012, 08:05:01 PMReply #108

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 22, 2012, 08:05:01 PM »
Well the marauder no longer has the missiles and the broadside was just ridiculous really. it was fragile, slow, ugly and it's barrage was nearly useless unless fighters stayed still.

I don't know, I found the Broadside Extremely useful against things like space station and large capital ships.
     Anyway, I just noticed a GLARING inconsistency in almost every EaW game and, I suppose, mod. Proton torpedoes could not really bypass shields! They were simply very high ordinance weapons. Why, then, can they bypass shields in the mod??
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 22, 2012, 08:36:04 PMReply #109

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 22, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
It's not an inconsistency, it's a design decision in order to make bombers more useful and to better distinguish between fighters and bombers (though unfortunately now we have all fighters and bombers with their entire armaments). Shields are technically supposedly split into two types; particle and ray. Particle shields stopped physical objects, ray shields stopped lasers. EaW only has one shield type, so usually mods just keep protons as penetrating. We'd only change it if lots of people wanted it changed.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 08:38:11 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 23, 2012, 04:46:23 PMReply #110

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2012, 04:46:23 PM »
It's not an inconsistency, it's a design decision in order to make bombers more useful and to better distinguish between fighters and bombers (though unfortunately now we have all fighters and bombers with their entire armaments). Shields are technically supposedly split into two types; particle and ray. Particle shields stopped physical objects, ray shields stopped lasers. EaW only has one shield type, so usually mods just keep protons as penetrating. We'd only change it if lots of people wanted it changed.

OK, that makes sense. I knew that there were 2 types of shields, and that in real life, a ship would have both, so I saw it as confusing.
     Also, I was researching the Victory-I class, and I noticed that a distinguishing feature of them was the fact that they had no ion cannons, but had a large number of concussion missile tubes. Are they represented with these weapons in the mod?
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 23, 2012, 05:01:19 PMReply #111

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »
Yes, that's how they are in 1.0-1.3 and furtheremore in 2.0 every ship has been redone with a new system to reflect canon even more accurately.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

May 24, 2012, 10:41:07 AMReply #112

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2012, 10:41:07 AM »
OK. Now I was reading about the Hapans, and the fact that their strategy was to overwhelm the enemy with ion cannons, and then torpedo them. Maybe you could give Song of War an Ion Cannon Barrage ability.

I was also thinking about Zsinj's Raptors. Aside from being elite troops, they were also commandos, sent to soften up planets before the invasion. Maybe they could be given a few of the Defilers' corruption abilities, such as bribery and sabotage.

My last idea is from a friend of mine. He suggested a blockade system, where if you leave your ships over a planet long enough, it will fall. I was thinking about maybe making it only a fleet greater than X population cap could blockade a planet, and they would be locked in place until the planet falls.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:29:02 PM by revanchist »
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

June 10, 2012, 07:10:23 PMReply #113

Offline Revanchist

• Mod Team Member
  • Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2012, 07:10:23 PM »
Seems like this post went dead. Anyway, I had an idea about the TIE Droids. Maybe you could give them a suicide run ability, where they would ram into a ship, causing damage.
Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn

June 11, 2012, 01:07:10 AMReply #114

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2012, 01:07:10 AM »
Perhaps the Aramadia Thrustships can be given the Self Destruct ability?

June 11, 2012, 07:03:00 AMReply #115

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2012, 07:03:00 AM »
Perhaps the Aramadia Thrustships can be given the Self Destruct ability?

I second that. I also saw elsewhere an idea of droid TIEs possibly being given a suicide run ability?
How do I even

June 11, 2012, 09:15:17 PMReply #116

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2012, 09:15:17 PM »
I second that. I also saw elsewhere an idea of droid TIEs possibly being given a suicide run ability?

This would make them very deadly.

June 11, 2012, 09:30:10 PMReply #117

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2012, 09:30:10 PM »
Ramming can't be done.

June 11, 2012, 10:42:57 PMReply #118

Offline Settra

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +6/-0
  • Pls no
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2012, 10:42:57 PM »
This would make them very deadly.

Indeed it would! but....

Ramming can't be done.

Sadness. Oh well. Can't complain
How do I even

June 12, 2012, 12:24:19 AMReply #119

Offline Willhelm

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2012, 12:24:19 AM »
About fighters suddenly having all of their canon weaponry, how will things like lack of infinite missiles be taken into account and, how will empire fighters possibly be able to compete in any way now... i see how it gives these teams greater distinctiveness but i am extreamly worried about this game just turning into whoever can mass the most fighters and win like some other mods ive played....

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!